Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • Unfortunately this doesn't just affect England.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Jesus christ won’t someone fucking do something?!

The people have voted and apparently there's nothing anyone can possibly do but blindly jump over a cliff because that's what the people want and everyone loves the people and the people are so best so best jump for the love of the people. We're all modern day Jesus Christs and must pay for the sins of the people, that being us, the people, must pay for ourselves because that's what the people want. People.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • It is literally "If your friends told you to jump off of a cliff, would you do that?" level of stupidity
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Looking at the list of potential candidates to replace May, I find it incredible that Amber Rudd and Boris Johnson are even considered in the running.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Looking at the list of potential candidates to replace May, I find it incredible that Amber Rudd and Boris Johnson are even considered in the running.
    And yet entirely unsurprising at the same time.

I find some of the other names being punted more shocking.
    Say it with me...
    Prime Minister Jeremy Hunt
    Prime Minister David Davis

Wtf!?!
  • Nobody's replacing May, she'll win this vote tonight without any issue and the sorry shitshow will continue unabated.
  • Just remember they're acting on a 52/48 vote that is not legally binding.

"Referendums in the United Kingdom are very occasionally held at a national, regional or local level. National referendums can be permitted by an Act of Parliament and regulated through the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000, but they are by tradition extremely rare due to the principle of parliamentary sovereignty meaning that they cannot be constitutionally binding on either the Government or Parliament, although they usually have a persuasive political effect."
  • This afternoon I'm finding myself thinking again about how badly we bottled it in 2014, and it's making me unfathomably angry about all of this.
  • Guys it was the only way to stay in the EU
  • I’d still rather fight to fix this for all of us than take our country out of the equation and leave England etc in the toilet.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Hopefully this will be reversed and we can all go back to being one happy country in the EU taking the piss out of each others’ accents again, as it should be.
  • poprock wrote:
    I’d still rather fight to fix this for all of us than take our country out of the equation and leave England etc in the toilet.

I'd just wish we'd taken our country out of the equation before England threw itself into the toilet in the first place.
  • The BBC have scheduled a special news programme tonight running from 7:30-9:00.
    That means it will be followed by The Apprentice interviews.

That's right folks it's a fuckwit moron double header, all night on BBC One.
  • poprock wrote:
    I’d still rather fight to fix this for all of us than take our country out of the equation and leave England etc in the toilet.
    England might actually move on from the empire if we left.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    The BBC have scheduled a special news programme tonight running from 7:30-9:00.
    That means it will be followed by The Apprentice interviews.

That's right folks it's a fuckwit moron double header, all night on BBC One.

Ooh, a "You're Fired" combo
  • Kazuo wrote:
    This afternoon I'm finding myself thinking again about how badly we bottled it in 2014, and it's making me unfathomably angry about all of this.
    Independence would have turned into a smaller version of this shit show. Then we’d have Brexited anyway during the Scottish negotiations and you’d be completely fucked.

If Brexit goes ahead, you’ll go. So really this is good for you.
  • It's the Tory Christmas party tonight. Lol.
  • monkey wrote:
    This afternoon I'm finding myself thinking again about how badly we bottled it in 2014, and it's making me unfathomably angry about all of this.

Independence would have turned into a smaller version of this shit show. Then we’d have Brexited anyway during the Scottish negotiations and you’d be completely fucked.

If Brexit goes ahead, you’ll go. So really this is good for you.

The way things are going at the moment I'm not holding out any hope.
  • Might I recoomend completely ignoring politics and carrying on with life regardless of whatever craziness is happening in Westminster? It's not like worrying / protesting / whatever is going to change anything. And even if a new lot (of whatever hue) get in, they'll only mess things up in their own unique and self-interested way.

Much better to shrug, laugh at the silliness of it all and just live your life. I've managed to go more than 40 years with absolutely no interest in or knowledge of politics and I'm fine.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But I enjoy the shitshow.
  • It's also a very priviliged position to be in.

Not everyone has the luxury of being able not to care about decisions being made that may affect them greatly.
  • If all goes to shit I advise hitting the street with torches and pitchforks. It's the only way to get their attention it seems.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Scotland could not survive on its own. Not right now. The economy is growing but only a third of the rate of the rest of the UK. The oil price is only going down and it has a massive deficit in spending. It's arguably not strong enough to be allowed into the EU. Perversely, it could now be in a position to inherit the financial services of London if it was independent, although then it'd basically turn into England anyway.

People are fundamentally the same everywhere, whether it's in Europe or England, and we must surely fight the right together, no matter what side of the border you're on.
  • People are fundamentally the same everywhere, whether it's in Europe or England, and we must surely fight the right together, no matter what side of the border you're on.

I think most of us English expats in Scotland feel that way. Not all of the native Scots agree, but really it’s all academic. Independent or otherwise, we’re so tightly bound to England’s fortunes that we’d still be fucked.

I’d be just as unhappy having dickheads for neighbours as I am having them as partners (meaning the Government – not the populace).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    For context, one member of the government told me this morning they knew of 5 senior ministers publicly backing her and planning to knife her in private https://twitter.com/samcoatestimes/status/1072829885612199937

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/1072831694485549056
  • Jaco wrote:
    Might I recoomend completely ignoring politics and carrying on with life regardless of whatever craziness is happening in Westminster? It's not like worrying / protesting / whatever is going to change anything. And even if a new lot (of whatever hue) get in, they'll only mess things up in their own unique and self-interested way. Much better to shrug, laugh at the silliness of it all and just live your life. I've managed to go more than 40 years with absolutely no interest in or knowledge of politics and I'm fine.

Try telling someone with a disibility who's benefits and support structures are being systematically destroyed that they should just ignore politics.

Or EU citizens, or minorities, or the poor. People who's day to day lives are fundamentally affected by these absolute cunts.

I've no problem with you choosing not to engage but, fuck me, don't proudly present it as if you've just solved a really tricky wordsearch. Not everyone is as lucky.

I do have that luxury in that I could potentially ride this out and be mostly fine but I'm not unaware that things could change drastically for me if this goes badly.

I know you're not entirely serious but you absolutely got me hook line and sinker.
  • poprock wrote:
    we’re so tightly bound to England’s fortunes that we’d still be fucked.

Exactly. There'd be so many "Well we didn't think of that" moments and bickering it'd be like, well, a fucking Brexit.
  • Jaco wrote:
    Might I recoomend completely ignoring politics and carrying on with life regardless of whatever craziness is happening in Westminster? It's not like worrying / protesting / whatever is going to change anything. And even if a new lot (of whatever hue) get in, they'll only mess things up in their own unique and self-interested way. Much better to shrug, laugh at the silliness of it all and just live your life. I've managed to go more than 40 years with absolutely no interest in or knowledge of politics and I'm fine.

Well bully for you, Jack.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!