Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Maybe we would be amidst a bubbling up of an even bigger pustule ready for bursting.

It’s possible, I suppose. Hard to imagine, but possible.
  • g.man wrote:
    Sounds like a euphemism that.

I believe its a euphemism for David Cameron who once fucked a pig.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Correction: He only fucked the pigs mouth. And the pig was dead (I can’t decide if that makes it better or worse).
  • But essentially, David Cameron fucked a pig.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Which is a trifecta of necrophilia, rape and bestiality.
  • So naturally, he was going to fuck your country, too.
  • He also fucked an entire country. He's got quite the sexual appetite.
  • I think we’re all the joke.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Who at this stage would be happy enough if the government just said 'fuck it', and took the current EU deal as it stands?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I won’t be ‘happy’ unless the whole thing is cancelled and we stay in the EU.
  • The only way anyone who isn't a drooling moran is going to be happy is if the government says "fuck it" and cancels the whole process.

EDIT: Poppo not a drooling moran confirmed.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m not sure if happy is the right word. I don’t think anyone would be happy about this. Relieved, accepting, basically indifferent, perhaps.
  • It's better than no deal, but that is becoming less and less likely.

If it's all we end up with there is still a 2 year transition and a backstop to solve which will pretty much end up making it closer to Corbyn's proposed deal.

What I really dont want is for an extension without a solution. Patience is wearing thin for many global companies, some have already pulled the plug but I suspect many are holding out for the deadline and an extension will stretch their patience too thin.

Generally I would only be truly happy if we stayed. I could tolerate the softest form of Brexit to end this shit though.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I'd personally prefer that we'd negotiate a new deal with the EU (as good as all the vested powers can be happy with), and then hold a public vote on:

- Whether we take the fresh deal
    - Exit without a deal
    - Fuck the whole thing off, and say sorry to the EU for allow the dicks to dribble

Any which way, we should have a say. And if we do end up with a no deal Brexit, at least we'd know how the civil war started...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    It's better than no deal, but that is becoming less and less likely.

What is? 

No deal? Or the brass' deal?

edit - Ah... The brass' deal...
  • Who at this stage would be happy enough if the government just said 'fuck it', and took the current EU deal as it stands?

Do you mean remaining in the EU, or the deal May put to parliament that suffered a historic defeat?

Her deal is catastrophic. I'd be fucking raging.

Remaining in the EU? I'd be delighted.
  • I know i've sort of done this already, but isn't an actual 'no deal exit' an almost impossibly ridiculous concept? not that i don't think May and her cronies won't do it...
    it's just an actual no deal exit would surely mean instant hard borders and no trade whatsoever with the EU?
    there has to be some kind of deal for any trade to happen, even the magical fallback 'wto terms' is in fact a deal, right?
    so 'no deal' isn't workable in anyway long term...it's just a complete con job to create a short period of utter chaos and shutdown, during which mega-rich arseholes will be able to make a tonne of money playing the stock and currency markets, investing in companies whose value has plummeted, and then wait for things to recover once actual deals get put in place so they become even richer again. Right?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Almost. WTO terms are a pre-existing default that applies globally in the absence of any specific trade deals.

So trade with the EU wouldn’t stop, it would just suddenly default to being under WTO terms. Which means pretty massive tariffs on many things. Which means our exports will be too expensive for anyone in the EU to want.

It also means that as a non-EU country, our exports would suddenly be treated as imports instead of as EU domestic products – which means adhering to a whole pile of regulations and standards which we currently ignore because we’re inside their border. If you see what I mean. Standards we’re not set up to be able to meet – and raising our game to meet them will, again, make our stuff more expensive.
  • I thought i'd read that even WTO requires a sign up from both parties to come into effect, rather than an automatic default.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not to mention the massive queues at borders caused by the fact that we don’t have the infrastructure to deal with all of the checks required under WTO terms, meaning everything including food and medicine will be massively delayed.

Plus there is a metric fucktonne of other arrangements aside from trade that would cease in the event of an actual no deal, everything from whether or not U.K. drivers can deliver to Europe, to whether our planes are legally allowed to fly, to whether or not we can import radioactive material.

A true no deal would be absolute chaos.
  • No deal exists to drag the actual deal further away from EU alignment.
    If it was taken off the table (as much as it can be) then May's deal suddenly becomes the worst possible outcome. Take that off the table and just have Labour's proposal and suddenly that is the worst possible outcome and the question becomes "Why are we leaving if we are so aligned?".

It's all gamesmanship.
  • I thought i'd read that even WTO requires a sign up from both parties to come into effect, rather than an automatic default.

If anyone wants to really dig into what ‘WTO terms’ actually means, this seems a decent place to start.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    It's all gamesmanship.

Yes. And the way Theresa May is playing the game is extremely selfish.
    The only two real outcomes are:

- Another referendum of the like I described above (three options)
    - Or Corbyn's deal

Theresa May knows this. 

A 'Norway' style deal is the only practical outcome really, if we can really justify this stupid idea of a 'brexit'.

But rather than just admit that Corbyn's right, she's struggling to wedge Tory-like words into a policy that Labour championed as soon as the referendum result came in. 

She's doing it just so she can have a few (most likely disparaging) words against her name in a history text book.

The best thing to do, is force her to resign, accept the extension on the Article 50 deadline, and let us have that fucking vote.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Right now, I’d say May’s deal looks likelier than it ever has thanks to the ERG becoming spooked that Brexit might not happen at all and Labour leavers concerned at the prospect of a second ref.
  • May just said this...
    "Working people always pay the price of Labour,"

Is she fucking drunk!?!
  • Tory policy these days does seem to be based on a high-school level close reading of George Orwell.
  • and now this...
    "The real people betraying the Scottish people are the SNP,"

Is that her thing now? Just read the party name and say those people are let down by them?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!