Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Her party can’t oust her, they can’t mount another no-confidence vote until next year.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    She can, but the fact that she hasn’t yet means I’m not holding my breath. I mean, if this time around it’s only the second biggest parliamentary defeat in history, that would be an improvement.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Her party can’t oust her, they can’t mount another no-confidence vote until next year.

They can effectively refuse to cooperate which amounts to the same thing. She'll not survive another defeat imo, and she'll either step down straight away or wait until she's secured an extension, if they agree, which isn't a given.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    A large chunk of them are refusing to cooperate now, enough to ensure that she has no power.
  • I think she'll stay on if the defeat is quite close, but it's not going to be.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I genuinely have no idea at this point. I mean, the fact that she’s still PM after the last defeat means that we’re already in uncharted waters. I can see her clinging on until she has no other choice.

TBH, we should probably hope she does too, if she goes, she’ll almost certainly be replaced by a Brexiteer as that’s what the ancient remnants of the Tory party membership want.
  • Anyway, I predict massive pant shitting, including mine, which actually are already soiled.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    TBH, we should probably hope she does too, if she goes, she’ll almost certainly be replaced by a Brexiteer as that’s what the ancient remnants of the Tory party membership want.

Well exactly. If she goes it's going to get real scary real quick. Just as you think it can't get any worse, surprise surprise it does.
  • Anyway, I predict massive pant shitting, including mine, which actually are already soiled.

Sir, please, go and change your pants. That's not healthy, deal or no deal.
    SFV - reddave360
  • They're all soiled. And now the uncontrollable vomiting has started.
  • If enough people quit, and she can't fill government posts then she's effectively lost control and will find it very hard to remain in power.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    She already has lost control.
  • Not of Government departments.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I mean, maybe?

There isn’t any government business happening other than Brexit. Who knows what would happen if she tried to get other legislation through.

Even then, is there some requirement to have a minister heading a department? There are still civil servants to run these things.

I could genuinely see her ploughing on with posts unfilled.

• Can this gobshite be any more up his own arse? https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2019/0308/1035069-brexit/
    As much as I hate him I don't see the issue.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Can this gobshite be any more up his own arse? https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2019/0308/1035069-brexit/
    As much as I hate him I don't see the issue.

I would agree with you but I dont think Logic has any role in much of Brexit or the thought process applied. Hunts comments are a great example of how one sided the English part of the negotiation sees this. I think the only people who will see the EU as the creators of this debacle will be the English. I think the rest of the world will see the truth that Brexit (regardless of good or bad) has been so badly handled on the side of the British Government that this alone is the reason for what a shambles it all is.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Theresa May chatting absolute shit up in Grimsby rn.

It's on sight Tezza, I better not see man step on road, etc.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • CyI2du7.png

Good. Let’s hope so, eh?
  • Whenever I see some of May's statements on this, I'm always stunned how absolutely dedicated and committed they are to delivering 'something brexit', with so little clarity or explanation of how it would work and not be a bad thing to do. It's "betrayal of democracy" this, "will of the people" that, "we have to do this", "we're on a mission from god" (paraphrasing). Given the original 52/48 split, it would feel a fairly brazen way of operating even if logically the outcome seemed to be clearly a good thing to do, but in this scenario it's really quite amazing. They'll say anything in order to do a thing that they don't really seem to think is a good idea, but they're going to do it anyway, even though they're not really sure what it is.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • poprock wrote:
    CyI2du7.png Good. Let’s hope so, eh?

Default is still no deal in the event of everyone not agreeing with anybody else, which at the last count was everybody. It really is madness and sometimes I've got to pinch myself just to check this is actually happening.
  • Thing is, if delivering any form of Brexit was really the mission, we'd have agreed a customs union.

It's telling that they haven't done that.
  • I'm convinced it as all coming from Tory HQ and feedback from Tory donors.
    There will be a mixed bunch, business owners who want to jettison the EU's red tape and hedge funders and marketeers betting against the country for a windfall.

The Tory's must deliver May's deal or failing that no deal so they can appease these cunts.

May won't change her deal, won't quit and she won't be forced out until after we leave.
    Any of them, Gove, Rudd whoever, would be doing the same as her if PM.
  • As for the backstop.
    The Tory plan will be to keep it until we have another GE, they can ditch the DUP and put the border in the Irish Sea, they give no shits about NI.
  • I reckon there are far more Tory voting businesspeople who think Brexit is insanity because they work for/own businesses that operate across the EU or rely on EU workers than there are these mentals. So it will cost them votes I reckon, especially in the south east.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    As for the backstop. The Tory plan will be to keep it until we have another GE, they can ditch the DUP and put the border in the Irish Sea, they give no shits about NI.
    And then England goes back to the bad old days of having a local terrorism problem, because there are (understandably) still hardcore nutters on that side of things.
  • poprock wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    As for the backstop. The Tory plan will be to keep it until we have another GE, they can ditch the DUP and put the border in the Irish Sea, they give no shits about NI.
    And then England goes back to the bad old days of having a local terrorism problem, because there are (understandably) still hardcore nutters on that side of things.

Most likely but they don't give a shit.
  • I reckon there are far more Tory voting businesspeople who think Brexit is insanity because they work for/own businesses that operate across the EU or rely on EU workers than there are these mentals. So it will cost them votes I reckon, especially in the south east.
    But would they vote for Corbyn's Labour instead?

Probably not.
  • I think she's trying to deliver what she thinks the people think they want although nobody knows what that is, including the people.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I reckon there are far more Tory voting businesspeople who think Brexit is insanity because they work for/own businesses that operate across the EU or rely on EU workers than there are these mentals. So it will cost them votes I reckon, especially in the south east.
    But would they vote for Corbyn's Labour instead? Probably not.

Lib Dems

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!