Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think that's his point

And yeah we'll just here 600k < 17.4m etc but I've signed it anyway
  • djchump wrote:
    Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU. ... https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584
    And the site is down for maintenance now...CONSPIRACY!
    Working for me.
    Jumped by 20,000 sigs in the last 20 minutes.
  • I think the sites getting hammered. I’ve tried a few times.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    HawBawJaws wrote:
    Didn't London vote to remain though?

Yep. In fact, I think most of the English cities did.
  • Not good old Birmingham. The only major city stupid enough to vote for this mess.
  • monkey wrote:
    I think the sites getting hammered. I’ve tried a few times.
    Yeah, "502 Bad Gateway" for me now. Too much democracy going on.
  • That's all I'm getting too.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s the DDOS of the people.
  • Even Newcastle voted remain, though only just. I remember it pretty vividly as they were racing with Sunderland to be the first to return the result, and Dimbleby was like "here come the results from Newcastle, where we expect a 60% remain".
    And the result was like 50.1% or some small margin for remain. And everyone on the panel just went "holy fuck, this shit is going to go Leave."
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There’s a march in favour of a second referendum on Saturday. It’s probably worth heading along to if you’re free seeing as parliament is so conflicted about what to do next.
  • I suppose a revoke is still possible but it wouldn't last. There's too much anger about pretty much everything. The can is open and there's worms everywhere.

If the deal goes through the country is going to be worse off and blame the EU.

If it's no deal the country is fucked and will blame the EU or Muslims or something.

If it's revoke the slightest thing will forever be blamed on the EU and eventually there'll be another Leave.

The far right within the Tories knew all along what we're like. When they asked Cameron for a ref they knew this would happen and nobody else saw it coming.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The demographics of remain versus leave suggest that eventually the push for leave will subside.
  • It won't, the young will get old and there'll be more and more old people.
  • Yes I am despairing a bit this morning.
  • EU tells May "no".
  • It won't, the young will get old and there'll be more and more old people.

I dont think getting old will make people anti EU. Anyone under 50 was either born whilst we were members or cant really remember a time we werent. Todays pensioners can remember, and they have rose tinted glasses on when they recall it.
  • djchump wrote:
    I think the sites getting hammered. I’ve tried a few times.
    Yeah, "502 Bad Gateway" for me now. Too much democracy going on.
    Managed to get through the link again - now at 696,206 votes.
    Such voting, much democracy.
  • Don't discount the mis-informed youth guys. Young people looking for a cause are easy fodder for hate groups. Brexit might have skewed old initially but there will be a wave of young people who really do think the EU is the enemy and that if you stay in it will be an act of treason I don't think revoke is anyway an option on this for either side. UK needs to get out, all effort should be making it as amicable as possible.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Na, fuck that, its absolutely an option.
  • Well maybe Dante. Like I say, I haven't woken up in the best of moods and I'm finding it hard to see any straws at all.
  • Did the EU just call out May's bluff on no deal? Wtf etc?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Na, fuck that, its absolutely an option.

In what way? This shit wont go away. The UK will continue to be a hugely disruptive part of the EU if you stay and the Tories will always be able to fall back on the EU as the reason the less well off are getting fucked over. Getting out is best for both sides at this point. The UK has some serious healing within itself to do

SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Na, fuck that, its absolutely an option.

In what way? This shit wont go away. The UK will continue to be a hugely disruptive part of the EU if you stay and the Tories will always be able to fall back on the EU as the reason the less well off are getting fucked over. Getting out is best for both sides at this point. The UK has some serious healing within itself to do

If the UK wants to assess the damage for real: do a 2nd ref. It's the only way out.

At least now, the people will be aware of what is truly at stake when voting remain/leave.

• The best way forward I can see is to bow out with no deal, it goes as bad as it possibly can, the British public blame themselves and beg to get back in.

The last bit doesn't sound very likely though. If there's another ref it'll probably go remain but with a small majority. Then it's problematic for a load of different reasons. How divisive will that be? Perhaps we can do an India-Pakistan thing and cleave the country in two.
  • I've signed the petition. Chukka's probably hired a click farm. No one's revoking anything so it's not going to do any good. But it's a sufficiently large number to make people take notice of the strength of feeling, that's about it. What else can you do? Create a demographic so politicians can appeal to it.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I suppose a revoke is still possible but it wouldn't last. There's too much anger about pretty much everything. The can is open and there's worms everywhere.

If the deal goes through the country is going to be worse off and blame the EU.

If it's no deal the country is fucked and will blame the EU or Muslims or something.

If it's revoke the slightest thing will forever be blamed on the EU and eventually there'll be another Leave.

The far right within the Tories knew all along what we're like. When they asked Cameron for a ref they knew this would happen and nobody else saw it coming.

Yeah. I've heard, more than once, there will be a very strong possibility of violence in the wake of a decision to take either extreme option (no deal, or remain).

Colloquially mind you, but a difficult sentiment to dismiss.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • What is the polling nowadays on Remain/Leave atm? If it slants heavily towards Remain it might be indicative a 2nd ref should be held. On the other hand, if Leave is dominant a new referendum might be useless.

Edit: just found this

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/

Remain would likely win. Comfortably. Indication the UK shouldn't ignore a 2nd ref as a way out.
  • I wouldn't say that was comfortable but it's a positive thing nonetheless.
  • I wonder if the EU public still want us to stay?
  • I still believe the EU in general does not want the UK to leave. It would be a concession to Trump, Putin and dark money if the Brexiteers had their way.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!