Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • Like I say, at least May has been consistent, as have the EU. We should probably burn it all down you know.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Like I say, at least May has been consistent, as have the EU. We should probably burn it all down you know.

Thats exactly the problem.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Theresa May now looks to be relying on 20-30 Labour MPs to get her deal through Parliament (as well as the DUP)...few, if any signs, that Labour MPs are moving towards her deal...as one said: “Why should we be jumping on a sinking ship.”

https://twitter.com/nicholascecil/status/1108446926033338373?s=20

Predicto: MV3 fails, May resigns, her last act is to request a 21 month extension.
  • Prediction.
    Jeremy Corbyn found in the crisps aisle of Sainsbury's throwing a hissy fit because he wants Quavers not Monster Munch but they are all out of Quavers because he let the country fuck itself.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Like I say, at least May has been consistent.

Aside from when she tried to throw the deal she’d spent 18 months negotiating under a bus, obvs.
  • If they change the terms of who is involved in the meeting without telling you, can you trust them on anything else?
  • Yossarian wrote:

Aside from when she tried to throw the deal she’d spent 18 months negotiating under a bus, obvs.

We'll discuss it over pints, whoever ends up buying them. The important thing is meeting up.
  • Yossarian wrote:

We'll discuss it over pints, whoever ends up buying them. The important thing is meeting up.

Safety in numbers you mean?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If they change the terms of who is involved in the meeting without telling you, can you trust them on anything else?

If that was the moment that Corbyn realised that he couldn’t trust the government around Brexit, he’s stupider than even the Mail’s caricature of him.
  • If they change the terms of who is involved in the meeting without telling you, can you trust them on anything else?
    Incredibly petty considering what is on the line.
    Chuka represents a group of 11 MPs, if the goal is to garner backing then why shouldn't they be represented?

Preaches meeting Hamas and the IRA, wont sit with a centrist. Its pathetic.
  • Corbyn has no excuses if he wants to lead parliament.
  • Burn it down and start again.
  • Not comparable at all.

Yo'll be glad to know those who stayed are reporting it was a total waste of time, and little more than a stunt from May.
  • It's all a waste of time. The public get what they deserve.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Some of the public get what they deserve. Some get fucked regardless.
  • Well I think we can all blame Corbyn for that (am I doing it right?)
  • Wonder what this statement will be about then. Probably the square root of fuck-all.
  • Some of the public get what they deserve. Some get fucked regardless.

The weird thing about Brexit is that the traditional boundaries have broken. The working class heartlands and the right are united on this madness. England had gone mad.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Kazuo wrote:
    Wonder what this statement will be about then. Probably the square root of fuck-all.

Blah blah blah vote for my deal blah blah.
  • Not comparable at all. Yo'll be glad to know those who stayed are reporting it was a total waste of time, and little more than a stunt from May.

Doesnt matter.
    If Corbyn had stayed, had put his views across then the onus is on May to take it on board or reject it.
    What does he have now? What argument can he put that she wouldn't listen when he won't talk?

Its schoolyard pathetic shite. The Tories are pricks, we all know that but I'm not looking to vote for them, I'm not looking to them to do what is right for the general population of this country. I'm not looking to May to represent the good in politics.

It's the nail in the coffin for me now. I won't vote for Labour under him, he has fucked it.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    This isn’t the EU’s fault, it’s May’s. But no, it isn’t too late to call it off.

I wouldn't say it was the EU's fault.. but they obvs want to make this leaving as shit as possible for us to encourage other countries not to follow our lead.

If they really wanted to make it as shit as possible, they wouldn’t have spent two years in negotiations about our future relationship. But, they aren’t going to start unravelling the basis for the union simply to please us, or anyone else.

I think the problem with the UK negotiators is the same as trump's approach. It's not about a real negotiation where both sides get something and there's compromise. It's about winning and showing who has the biggest dick.

This. If the Uk breezed out with every thing they wanted then for sure other countries would vote to leave
    The Forum Herald™
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    This isn’t the EU’s fault, it’s May’s. But no, it isn’t too late to call it off.

I wouldn't say it was the EU's fault.. but they obvs want to make this leaving as shit as possible for us to encourage other countries not to follow our lead.

If they really wanted to make it as shit as possible, they wouldn’t have spent two years in negotiations about our future relationship. But, they aren’t going to start unravelling the basis for the union simply to please us, or anyone else.

I think the problem with the UK negotiators is the same as trump's approach. It's not about a real negotiation where both sides get something and there's compromise. It's about winning and showing who has the biggest dick.

This. If the Uk breezed out with every thing they wanted then for sure other countries would vote to leave

That's not what dave is saying.
  • It’s what I’m saying in agreement with what he’s saying. Keep up.
    The Forum Herald™
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What you're saying isn't in agreement with what he's saying though. That's my point. Keep up.
  • What I’m saying is that I agree with him ... then add my point. It like I’ve quoted him and then written something else??

Your like the EU
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Kazuo wrote:
    Wonder what this statement will be about then. Probably the square root of fuck-all.

Blah blah blah vote for my deal blah blah.

I picked a good night to be in London, thrill-a-minute.

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dave is saying that the UK have approached the negotiations in a transactional manner, where they feel the need to "come out on top".

You have somehow conflated that to "the EU want to punish us, so others don't try to leave".
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    What I’m saying is that I agree with him ... then add my point. It like I’ve quoted him and then written something else??

Your like the EU

OK, fine, but what you've said doesn't really reflect what dave said, so adding your point seemed like a continuation of what you thought Dave's point was, not a new point you were trying to make.

Let's put it down to the internet.

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Has she resigned yet?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!