• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Did I mention how much I hate the DUP?

Living in NI, knowing that a majority of pricks around me vote for them, is infuriating. I don't know anyone who says they vote for them.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Or else someone who looks like cocko or ds will turn up at your door saying "I hear you have a 36 pack of giant Walkers. Give it over mate or I'll have a go at your pretty wifey over there"

This is clearly Davy then.
  • So Tusk has said they'll only give a short extension to allow the deal to be passed. Has he ruled out a long one? Because that was their preference initially and they only wanted a short one if it was specifically to sort the deal out. So, it's not really anything new, he's just confirming their position. I suppose he doesn't want to talk about a long one when May has been specifically talking about him giving her a short one (oo-er). 

Unless he has ruled out a long extension in which case I'm off to the supermarket for 40 packs of malt loaf.
  • monkey wrote:
    So Tusk has said they'll only give a short extension to allow the deal to be passed. Has he ruled out a long one?

No.
  • But Boris will.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • From Peston
    Senior minister tells me PM is making statement to nation tonight. And tells me ministers reading a good deal into @theresa_may saying at #PMQs words to the effect that she won’t remain PM if Brexit delayed beyond 30 June.
  • This is fucked. We're all fucked. Everything is fucked.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    TOTAL CHAOS: Some sources say General Election tonight. Others say she’s doing a managed resignation. Others say she’s going to try to hard-ball Parliament and say her Brexit deal or No Deal in June. Pffttt

https://twitter.com/PatrickChristys/status/1108402982654226432

My money’s on the last option.
  • There were some really strong views from MEPs about not wanting the UK anywhere near elections, not even if we somehow didnt put anyone forward.
    The fear was brexit would override all other talk during debates. Then Farage stood up and pretty much called everyone a cunt.

I would be extremely surprised if a long extension was passed by all 27 nations.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Emergency debate tabled for today. There are hints around that this could be used as a way to pass legislation to force May to request a longer extension, but I guess we’ll see what happens.

Perhaps you should look up what "passing legislation" requires in the UK.

I'm still somewhat shocked at how little awareness there is of the legislative process. We need more civics classes in school, instead of the waste of time that is Assembly

My poor phrasing there, the rumour is below:
    Am hearing moves afoot for an emergency SO24 Commons debate with a potential vote forcing May to rewrite EU letter to include longer extension option. Bercow hinted SO24 rules could be bent earlier this week to make it substantive not neutral notion. Expect fresh govt panic.

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1108301413376053248
    Aha, gotcha. That's just hot air though
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • "Vote this shit through next week and this can be over by the end of June. If not, it's two more years of this plus I'll go, Johnson will probably get in and maybe a general election as well."
    May, tonight.
  • Okay let's go I wonder how much negative equity I'm in for a flat I haven't finished buying yet.

Also I'm on the top floor lads so in the apocalypse I welcome all badgers to my fortress of solitude but you are going to have bring me food for me and also my furry ginger son as a fitting tithe.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I need to invent a car that's powered with rat blood.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Okay let's go I wonder how much negative equity I'm in for a flat I haven't finished buying yet.

Loads, but then again you can probably tell the bank to fuck off when they come for it.

• I need to invent a car that's powered with rat blood.
    That sounds like a waste of perfectly drinkable rat blood.
  • I'm home.  What have I missed?
  • Oh right, short extension OK as long as May's twice rejected deal is passed next week, otherwise out on the 29th unless May revokes A50.  That about it?
  • Roujin wrote:
    Okay let's go I wonder how much negative equity I'm in for a flat I haven't finished buying yet.

20% tops. Maybe 30 at a push but certainly not more than 40. Unless things get really bad. Deffo not more than 70%.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Oh right, short extension OK as long as May's twice rejected deal is passed next week, otherwise out on the 29th unless May revokes A50.  That about it?
    Unless May asks for a longer extension. But she won’t and we don’t what would happen if she did.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Oh right, short extension OK as long as May's twice rejected deal is passed next week, otherwise out on the 29th unless May revokes A50.  That about it?

Yeah, unless she steps down and the new leader asks for a longer one, who will probably be a Brexit Ultra.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Lol at Tusk's resolution!
    This is fucking stupid.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • As long as you can pay the mortgage its still better than renting.
    Landlords wont let you put pictures up, they certainly aren't going to allow fortifications.
  • No, voting fr Brexit was fucking stupid.  The actions parliament for the last two years have been fucking stupid.  Tusk is not being fucking stupid.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Yeah, unless she steps down and the new leader asks for a longer one, who will probably be a Brexit Ultra.
    I f May steps down they will have to go through the selection process which probably won't be done in time. The ERG could put a bunch of people forward to disrupt it.
  • It's okay lads, I'm not planning to move again until I'm old or dead so I don't care. I'm lucky I'm not in a chain, they must be fucked right now.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I suppose this is enough for Bercow to let it go to a vote, unless he's been on the whisky.
  • Roujin wrote:
    It's okay lads, I'm not planning to move again until I'm old or dead so I don't care. I'm lucky I'm not in a chain, they must be fucked right now.
    My brother is due to complete mid April. Only a small chain but it is very nervey.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:

David Allen Green’s short Twitter thread pretty much covers it, last tweet is:
    @eucopresident Nothing has changed, just more explicit.

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/status/1108408686794424320
  • Unlikely wrote:

Yep.

The only hope is that the Tories calculate that they need to accept the deal or be blamed for wrecking the country (no deal) or caving in to the EU like Craven's (extension).

But too many actually want no deal / want to wreck the country as some figure they'll make loadsa dosh and it's the wake-up call the rest of us dossers need.

So we're fucked.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!