• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    So she's asked for a short extension, not the long one Tusk was proposing. What the blue fuck is the point of a short extension?  It's almost certainly going to be a no deal now. I shall be down in summer for pints if the trains are still running and London still exists.
    I still don’t think it will be no deal, but wasn’t the bet for no deal on the 29th of March?

It was indeed. They'll never grant a short extension for this bullshit.

The EU seem to be saying that the extension must end on the 23rd of May rather than no to an extension.
  • As much as I don't want to see friends in the UK suffer, I'd rather it was just a no deal exit next Friday night instead of three more months of nonsense from the UK parliament.

It's been two years of complete bollocks, and three more months won't solve that.

Think that's most people in Ireland feeling.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The EU seem to be saying that the extension must end on the 23rd of May rather than no to an extension.

Why would they do that?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Because they know we’re fucked otherwise.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    As much as I don't want to see friends in the UK suffer, I'd rather it was just a no deal exit next Friday night instead of three more months of nonsense from the UK parliament. It's been two years of complete bollocks, and three more months won't solve that.
    Think that's most people in Ireland feeling.

It is largely how I feel as well. I can't see t changing anything.

One thing that doesn't seem to be acknowledged is that we are ending the financial year this month. May deal, revoke, no deal business can budget around it for better or worse. A delay leaves them in limbo for however long that is. So not only is it pointless but it delays any form of investment or spending in the economy. 
    I suspect it will be enough to tip some small business over the edge and make larger business leave. Even those that may have survived or stayed during no deal.
  • We're fucked anyway. If they think it's going to be no deal, which some of them will (and they'd be right), then it's best to get it over with. 27 leaders, all with a free vote.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I dunno, they can certainly put something into the language around the extension making it quite clear that no deal in May will be entirely the choice of the U.K. to cover themselves when blame starts being thrown around.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I dunno, they can certainly put something into the language around the extension making it quite clear that no deal in May will be entirely the choice of the U.K. to cover themselves when blame starts being thrown around.

I don't think either side has the will anymore yoss.

SFV - reddave360
  • It's probably irrelevent anyway because she's asked for an extension until June for reasons unknown to anyone, presumably including herself.
  • I don't think the EU want to shut the door, they want us to leave fully of our own accord.
    The 23rd of May date is so we aren't part of MEP elections.
  • So she's asked for a short extension, not the long one Tusk was proposing. What the blue fuck is the point of a short extension?  It's almost certainly going to be a no deal now. I shall be down in summer for pints if the trains are still running and London still exists.

A short extension would take us into a new Parliamentary session, allowing May to bring back her dead horse. If she believes her war of attrition will work, she can pass it in the next session.
  • So she's asked for a short extension, not the long one Tusk was proposing. What the blue fuck is the point of a short extension?  It's almost certainly going to be a no deal now. I shall be down in summer for pints if the trains are still running and London still exists.
    A short extension would take us into a new Parliamentary session, allowing May to bring back her dead horse. If she believes her war of attrition will work, she can pass it in the next session.

But everyone knows it won't go through. Even if you get the DUP on board by magically changing the agreement there's enough that will oppose it. Everyone in Europe knows this apart from May, which is a problem if that's why we're assking for an extension.
  • I still think her deal would pass if it is that or no deal.
    How can Labour truly back no deal?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Why would they do that?
    To ensure maximum fuckery for my family holiday in the days after. Bloody EU!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Have they said they'd back it if comes back? Perhaps now might be a good time to mention it.
  • In magical unicorn fairy land the deal is put to a third vote, rejected again, and May sacrifices herself for the greater good and revokes Article 50 before the UK crashes out.
  • Except all the fairies are xenophobic.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    In magical unicorn fairy land the deal is put to a third vote, rejected again, and May sacrifices herself for the greater good and revokes Article 50 before the UK crashes out.
    Yep. I had this thought too. Unfortunately it can't come true now you've said it out loud! ;)
  • WHAT ABOUT IF I WRITE IT IN CAPITALS?
  • France won't agree extension without confirmation May's deal will pass.

So she needs to get the deal voted on again somehow and the opposition need to get real and realise this is it now.
  • Lithuania will tell us to fuck off. Or something.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    France won't agree extension without confirmation May's deal will pass.

So she needs to get the deal voted on again somehow and the opposition need to get real and realise this is it now.

But what if Jeremy secretly wants us to leave though?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Let's face it, he always has.
  • Lithuania will tell us to fuck off. Or something.

Bingo. Only one country needs to tell us to piss off.

Yoss’s argument against that has been that no country would want to become that pariah. But what if lots of them tell us to piss off? Or they all do?
  • Maybe we need the EU to reject the extension, and say either accept the deal, or revoke.
    Then parliament put that to a vote.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Emergency debate tabled for today. There are hints around that this could be used as a way to pass legislation to force May to request a longer extension, but I guess we’ll see what happens.
  • What would be the point of requesting a longer extension?  Other than to call her bluff and see whether she'll resign.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    A longer extension provides a chance of finding a route through this mess that has the support of the HoC.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    "As Prime Minister I am not prepared to delay #Brexit any further than June 30," says, Theresa May who has said on 108 occasions that "we are leaving the EU on March 29". #PMQs

https://twitter.com/DavidWooding/status/1108342806140063744
  • What I meant is the EU is making it very clear that she'll be lucky to get a short extension, let alone a long one, unless she can go back with a revised proposal, which she's refusing to consider, so they'll say fuck off.  It doesn't sound like they're bluffing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!