Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • Apparently there is all sorts of Parliamentary trickery that can be used to effectively negate the Speakers action on this issue. Like declaring a new session of parliament so even 'old' bills are treated like new. Or something. Someone better versed in parliamentary process could probably explain it more. But suffice to say, this move by the Speaker may not be the watershed moment that it first appeared to be.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • The Tories seem to be galvanising against May's deal anyway. I suspect the idiots still think they can get a better deal.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Would a vote to overturn Bercow's ruling not be a proxy vote for the deal anyhow?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • You're implying there's logic to any of this.
  • Also, what Poprock said about MP's.
  • they demand the right to vote for the thing they don't want....otherwise they can't be bribed to vote for it! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • The whole thing has gone mental. Impossible to know what will happen now.

Remainers think no deal is assured, brexiteers saying remain is more likely.
    May could circumnavigate Bercow's decision, which may get backed as it would mean Labour could put their 2nd ref amendment in.

Trouble is May isn't doing that.
    She is approaching the EU for an extension without a plan. They must be tearing their hair out having to put up with this dumb cunt every week.

She has totally lost her cabinet, lost most of her party and is being continually over run by Parliament, yet I bet she would win an election tomorrow.

Utter fucking madness has ensued.
  • Hurrah!
  • Reports now that she sat in Cabinet meeting like a fucking lemon while everyone shouted at her.

If she has made a decision her Cabinet dont know.

We would be better off with a literal cabinet for a PM. The right honourable MFI.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Reports now that she sat in Cabinet meeting like a fucking lemon while everyone shouted at her.

I know it's her own doing, but I cant help feeling sorry for her a bit. The pressure must be immense . Fuck, I get stressed when the restaurant gets busy and I'm not there, I cant even imagine what this shit is like.

It's also pretty scary for the rest of us looking in. The UK looks like it's out of control.
    SFV - reddave360
  • No, don't feel sorry for her. It's a misery of her own making.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye.  This charade should have been happening 18-24 months ago instead of the fannying around they seem to have done instead.

This issue is above party politics - what was acceptable should have been thrashed out in parliament - not cabinet - like this (well - not QUITE like this) before going near the EU.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Given that this was a referendum called to sort out internal Tory politics, the chances of it then being discussed outside of the Tories is non existent. This is all about party politics for the Tories.
  • Apart from this bit > °
  • Oh God, if we're into Jeremy Bearimy, this will be sorted on Tuesday. Or July. Or never.
  • France want a plan that has a majority in order to grant an extension. Germany has said it hasn't decided yet what it's going to do. And that's just the two that have expressed a view.
  • Fuck, that's a depressing hypothetical on the Graun's live blog.  As far as I can see the only way this doesn't end up in no deal is if Teresa fucking May revokes article 50, which she won't do because she's Teresa fucking May, so it's no deal.
  • 28 members. Those odds are shite.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Fuck, that's a depressing hypothetical on the Graun's live blog.  As far as I can see the only way this doesn't end up in no deal is if Teresa fucking May revokes article 50, which she won't do because she's Teresa fucking May, so it's no deal.

On the plus side I'll get a pint or two if there's not an extension. Swings and roundabouts.
  • Current predictions:

British/European/World Economy 0, SG's Pint balance 10.
  • You have to get to London to claim the pints though. Might be tricky when the motorway and rail networks become hellscapes.
  • I'll construct a Mad Max type buggy and pretend I'm in Carmageddon.
  • Actually, that sounds quite good.
  • France want a plan that has a majority in order to grant an extension. Germany has said it hasn't decided yet what it's going to do. And that's just the two that have expressed a view.

We need an extension

Why?

So that I can keep being Prime Minister
  • It’s funny because it’s true.
  • poprock wrote:
    You have to get to London to claim the pints though. Might be tricky when the motorway and rail networks become hellscapes.

I'll claim by proxy as the only other permanent no deal outcome opinion haver since the results were announced in 2016.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • EU press conference. They want to know why they should grant extension. Mood seems very sombre.
  • Barnier says long extension would have to be linked with something new, a new event.

So 2nd ref or maybe, maybe GE.
  • No chance.
  • All polls indicate even the public don't want a second ref. John Curtice is on the BBC now saying the public are hardening to get brexit over the line.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!