• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    What I meant is the EU is making it very clear that she'll be lucky to get a short extension, let alone a long one, unless she can go back with a revised proposal, which she's refusing to consider, so they'll say fuck off.  It doesn't sound like they're bluffing.

A long extension was originally suggested by the EU.
  • It would need them all to agree though, and Macron's sounding pretty bullish.
  • A long extension would also need a reason why we're are asking for it, along with the plan for how at the end of the extension we're would have reached a decision once easy or the other
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    It would need them all to agree though, and Macron's sounding pretty bullish.

Bullish around arguing against it, but vetoing is a whole different question if he’s part of a minority.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    A long extension would also need a reason why we're are asking for it, along with the plan for how at the end of the extension we're would have reached a decision once easy or the other

May quits.
  • May quitting is not a reason for the extension or the solution to getting a deal agreed though.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It totally is. New leadership, a new set of red lines and expectations, the mere fact that a leadership contest, let alone a GE, would take us past the departure date.
  • Tusk will make a statement at 4pm.
    Let's see what he says, I strongly suspect it will echo what is coming out of France though.

France aren't some fringe part of the EU and will likely be the EU nation second most effected by Brexit after Ireland. What they say will heavily, heavily decide what EU negotiators say.
  • Those are the actions yes, but what are the likely outcomes of these?

If we are unsure at the end of the extension that we would have an agreed deal, then why should the EU give the extension?

Edit: @Yoss, not liv
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Because no deal is bad for the EU, that’s why.

It’s possible that May has used up all of her political capital and the EU no longer believes she can deliver anything, but that doesn’t mean that they would expect cast iron guarantees in the case of something substantially shifting, and a new PM would clearly be something substantially shifting.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Emergency debate tabled for today. There are hints around that this could be used as a way to pass legislation to force May to request a longer extension, but I guess we’ll see what happens.

Perhaps you should look up what "passing legislation" requires in the UK.

I'm still somewhat shocked at how little awareness there is of the legislative process. We need more civics classes in school, instead of the waste of time that is Assembly

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • What did I tell you lads. Prepare for disappointment. I told you it only takes an Orban to wreck the saviour of an extension. I told you all these motions were a waste of breath for so long as the EU withdrawal bill had us crashing out on March 29 and art 50 was invoked.

I told you all to write to your MPs to get May's deal approved. You fucked it. You all betrayed me, Ozno. Now the fash will get in and I'll be forced to teach Berber kids English for a sack of couscous and a litre of olive oil
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Emergency debate tabled for today. There are hints around that this could be used as a way to pass legislation to force May to request a longer extension, but I guess we’ll see what happens.

Perhaps you should look up what "passing legislation" requires in the UK.

I'm still somewhat shocked at how little awareness there is of the legislative process. We need more civics classes in school, instead of the waste of time that is Assembly

My poor phrasing there, the rumour is below:
    Am hearing moves afoot for an emergency SO24 Commons debate with a potential vote forcing May to rewrite EU letter to include longer extension option. Bercow hinted SO24 rules could be bent earlier this week to make it substantive not neutral notion. Expect fresh govt panic.

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1108301413376053248
  • A litre!?!
    Fucking foreign moochers.
  • Wow, rewrite our begging letter to the EU? How embarrassing.
  • Good lord they're agreeing.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • If the deal goes through.
  • Oh well.
  • HOARD.
  • Its piss or get off the pot time.
    Ratify the deal or there won't be one. Simple as that.
  • Viva la France.
  • That is what’s expected. If the WA goes through then the extension allows all the legislation to pass.

If there is no vote it’s a very confusing situation.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    How can you have a 3rd "meaningful" vote? Where the first two not so?    ;)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Its piss or get off the pot time. Ratify the deal or there won't be one. Simple as that.

Or ask for a long extension.

Or revoke Article 50.
  • All our MPs about to get riggidy riggidy rekt.

Accept May's turd sandwich that you already voted down twice or get fucked lmao.
  • Did I mention how much I hate the DUP?
  • That is what’s expected. If the WA goes through then the extension allows all the legislation to pass. If there is no vote it’s a very confusing situation.
    Not really.
    If there is no vote there is no deal.
  • Can anyone lend me some pants?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Because no deal is bad for the EU, that’s why.

It’s possible that May has used up all of her political capital and the EU no longer believes she can deliver anything, but that doesn’t mean that they would expect cast iron guarantees in the case of something substantially shifting, and a new PM would clearly be something substantially shifting.

No deal is bad yoss but so is extended limbo. I think the EU probably might have to just accept the UK is unable to pass any deal and move on. At least everyone knows where they stand and new deals can start which is better for sides then just dancing around the Brexit bonfire.
    SFV - reddave360
  • HOARD.

The first rule of hoarding is, never say you are hording. Or else someone who looks like cocko or ds will turn up at your door saying "I hear you have a 36 pack of giant Walkers. Give it over mate or I'll have a go at your pretty wifey over there"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!