Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    A lot more of their voters want a second ref, yet they’ve still managed to equivocate on that to within an inch of their lives.
  • Tbh I dont feel represented by any party but beyond that I dont feel my ideals of democracy are very well represented either.

Democracy is compromise. Labour are doing better but not Corbyn, I think, in that respect he is as bad as many of the other cunts.

Put Starmer as leader of the opposition and I will vote Labour no problem.

Corbyn lost me when he walked out of negotiations because Chuka was there.

You said something a while back that stuck Gonzo.
    "There is always a price to pay for stupidity".

From my point of view Corbyn acted stupidly in that situation, the price is he lost my vote.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    He was the leader of the opposition, in control of hundreds of mps. Chucka Umna was in control of one. It was a deliberate slight by May. And she proved that she wasn't interested in negotiating anyway.

She should have included him in negotiations as soon as she lost her majority. Putting any of this on labour is stupid.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Tbh I dont feel represented by any party but beyond that I dont feel my ideals of democracy are very well represented either.

Democracy is compromise. Labour are doing better but not Corbyn, I think, in that respect he is as bad as many of the other cunts.

Put Starmer as leader of the opposition and I will vote Labour no problem.

Corbyn lost me when he walked out of negotiations because Chuka was there.

You said something a while back that stuck Gonzo.
    "There is always a price to pay for stupidity".

From my point of view Corbyn acted stupidly in that situation, the price is he lost my vote.

It's quite funny you should bring that up today, when Watson walked out cos the NEC didn't do what he wanted. He got precisely zilch criticism in, let's say, the guardian, even though what he did was well out of form.

But Corbyn objects to being made to go in with a breaker, a sabotage artist, who moreover doesn't represent any party at all at the time (since TIG didn't exist), is stupid, and loses the vote?

I mean, come one man! What the fuck.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • @Goober
    But why can he sit with Hamas and the IRA but not with someone as insignificant as Chuka?

Let's not pretend he represented one person, he represented as many votes as the Lib Dems and more than several other parties.

My view doesn't exonerate May in any way. It was entirely predictable that she wouldnt give, but that doesnt mean you walk away.

He totally enabled the press to put that on him not her. It was stupid, he pays for it.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    But why can he sit with Hamas and the IRA but not with someone as insignificant as Chuka?

My view doesn't exonerate May in any way. It was entirely predictable that she wouldnt give, but that doesnt mean you walk away.

He totally enabled the press to put that on him not her. It was stupid, he pays for it.

He doesn't "suit" with Hamas et al. He invites them to do a spiel in teh commons. Chuka is a breaker. He is the enemy within. Corbyn hates him, and his ilk. With good reason: they would prefer a Tory government over a social democratic government. They. Would. Prefer. That.

I'd have kneed him in the bollocks on the way out, and claimed I slipped. Chuka is AIDS. More of the same wrapped up in feelgood empty air.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Tony Blair sat down with the IRA. Margaret Thatcher sat down with the IRA. The US sit down with the Taliban. Corbyn is just honest about it.
  • @Gonzo

Depends who you believe today.
    Watson claimed he wanted to read the manifesto in the shadow cabinet, was denied so left to where he could read it.

The Guardian reported both sides of the story.

If Watson did storm out because if pettiness then I would be against it. As is it is debatable, the Cirbyn Chuka thing is confirmed. I also expect the leader to be held higher than everyone else, even the deputy leader.
  • Tony Blair sat down with the IRA. Margaret Thatcher sat down with the IRA. The US sit down with the Taliban. Corbyn is just honest about it.
    So why cant he sit down with a centralist ffs?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Because that's not who he should be negotiating with. The man had no place at the table.
  • If you walk out you arent in the debate.
    If you arent into he debate you arent fit for leadership.

Same standards I hold for anyone, including May ducking TV debates.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    If you're trying to create peace in Ireland, you have to talk to the IRA. Ditto Palestine and Hammas. If you want to negotiate Brexit Chuka is fucking irrelevant.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    May was playing games and he was having non of it. You want to find fault with him so you see it wherever you can.
  • Because that's not who he should be negotiating with. The man had no place at the table.
    Why?
    He represented as many votes on a Brexit deal as Vince Cable. Not in an official party capacity but certainly in a practical capacity.

I'm no Tigger but let's be realistic about what was happening and is still happening in the commons.

If Chuka is irrelevant so are Lib dems and any other party with less MPs.
  • Corbyn was absolutely right to not let himself get dragged into that. The leader of the Opposition shouldn't have to wait for Chukka Umunna to finish spouting some rotten cobblers before he gets a turn. If she was serious about getting Labour support, Corbyn was right to demand better terms.
  • Corn should get a peace prize for not shoulder barging the cunt on the way out. I know what I'd have done.
  • May was playing games and he was having non of it. You want to find fault with him so you see it wherever you can.

That is laughable.
    Especially as I fucking voted for him.

There is plenty to find fault in how Corbyn has handled Brexit. Not least that he does not represent his party or his members or his core voters.
    He is often found wanting in PMQs despite this being the absolute worst gov in living history, even the fucking Tories dont want this cabinet.

Come on. He isnt the messiah.

He has some refreshing ideas but realistically is the pretence to someone who can better work our political system and better understands the opinions (right or wrong) of the public.

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    There may be plenty to find fault with him, but this ain't it.
  • I dont think the general public would agree Goober.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't think the "general" public care. And if they do I still think he made the right choice.
  • Look div, if you support labour policies post corbs but won't vote labour because of the reason stated, essentially a Tory stunt while the PM was trying to run down the clock ... then yes my late father's sayibg of "stupidity has its price" is indeed exemplified by that, but not in the way you think it does.

You need to examine your view here as a whole. it is wholly irrational and utterly emotional. I say this with much love for you, man. But you've been had
  • I don't think I have been "had". I think he crossed a line, or in reality didn't cross a line, that is a long held belief.

Even if this was a stitch up, I feel he fell for it in the worst possible way. Chuka should not be a threat to him in any scenario and he enabled it. He backed down, walked away from a fight. He empowered everyone else in that room by not voicing his opinion.
    You walk away, you have nothing.
    Not good enough.

If May wont give, fine. No shame in trying.

I'm not done with Labour. I have doubts on Corbyn's ability. Chuka is small fry compared to what he will have to face as PM.
    If he cant debate against Chuka what is he gonna do with the EU, or Trump, or China, or Russia?
    We dont live in isolation, we are a global society and a global economy.

I am disenfranchised, I am doubtful.
    I am certainly not alone.

You can tell me I am wrong until you are blue in the face but I am not the only person who feels this way and not everyone who doubts Corbyn's ability is a duped moron.
  • Corbyn was 100% right not to engage with Mays stunt. Not voting Labour because of that is frankly insane.

There is plenty of things you could be critical of Corbyn over, but that? And worse it being what makes you not vote Labour. Absolute madness.
  • You are sure winning me over Dante.
    I'll wear a red jumper tomorrow.
  • Arent you a Green campaigner?
    She was at the meeting. With her 1 vote.
  • Lucas.
    That's her name.
    I genuinely forget because she has 1/600 say in Brexit.
  • The Greens have a membership of of over 40,000 who Caroline Lucas is representing. How many members does Chuka have?
  • It doesnt matter.
    It was a meeting about getting a Brexit deal through. Which is based on MP votes.

Chuka and his clan, like it or not are elected MPs.
  • If that is your argument, how many members did Corbyn fail to represent by walking out?

How many does he continue to fail by being pro-Brexit?
  • This is like listening to an LBC caller. *Head in hands*

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!