Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • Yeah we're defo the baddies, unfortunately. Good for you Noxy, glad you're enjoying Germany, next time you're in Berghain take a piss in some guys mouth for me.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Excellent. I imagine that is a huge weight off.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Excellent. I imagine that is a huge weight off.

Tell that to the guy in the piss dungeon.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I was contacted by email a month or so ago and told of my appointment. I had to complete some fairly basic paperwork and bring this along in addition to some passport photos and and my ID.

There were maybe 20 other English people waiting when I arrived. Our appointments were only a minute or so each. Mine was supposed to be at 0830, and that’s exactly when it began.

They took all my documents, sent me back to the waiting room, then 5 minutes later I was called back to collect my passport which now has a fancy stamp/badge thing inside. The lady said I could now stay indefinitely, regardless of whatever nonsense happens next with Brexit.

I feel super relieved. It’s nice to have this guarantee. I didn’t think I would have to leave, but on the absence of the UK formally guaranteeing EU citizens rights I wasn’t expecting Germany to take the lead. I presumed progress on this front would be incremental and reciprocal.

That's pretty embarrassing for us

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Glad you're a bit more secure now Noxy.
  • Hurrah for noxy. Nice to have some good news in here, although it's only good because it's slightly less shite than maximum shite.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Means we can all move in with Noxy if things get really bad here, right?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • The problem is, nothing will change come October, and the EU should then give an ultimatum, leave or revoke Article 50. No more extensions so the UK Parliament can do nothing but squabble with each other.
  • "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Anyone see chief FBPE merchant Andrew Adonis become a soft brexit man because he’s lined up to be a Labour MEP? Totally bizarre.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve had a lot of time for Ian Dunt as an analyst, but his latest howl of despair at the state of things feels like a real step up as a writer. So many good lines.

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/04/26/week-in-review-an-equal-opportunities-disaster-zone
  • “The NEC agreed the manifesto which will be fully in line with Labour’s existing policy; to support Labour’s alternative plan and, if we can’t get the necessary changes to the government’s deal, or a general election, to back the option of a public vote,” a Labour source said.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/30/labour-nec-backs-second-referendum-in-specific-circumstances

Weak. That’s my vote lost. I’m going green.
  • Just ran into Mark François laughing boisterously Mr Westminster green. Couldn't resist taking a sneaky pic
  • Was he lying on his back covered in swill?
    Chewing on his own porky trotters thinking they are peperamis?
  • monkey wrote:
    “The NEC agreed the manifesto which will be fully in line with Labour’s existing policy; to support Labour’s alternative plan and, if we can’t get the necessary changes to the government’s deal, or a general election, to back the option of a public vote,” a Labour source said.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/30/labour-nec-backs-second-referendum-in-specific-circumstances Weak. I’m going green. That’s my vote lost.
  • I've ditched Labour in favour of Green.

Where I live the greens only lost last time to Labour 43 - 42 so fingers crossed.
  • I'll vote Labour for council stuff on Thursday, just to put a shoe in to the Tories.

EU elections are fucked.
    Tories arent coming out to play, the left is super divided.
    Gonna be a Farage landslide.
    Might spoil my paper.
  • Don't be silly. I'm voting labour. Stay strong, stay united. Leavers and remainerstogether need to sort the country out
  • I'm listening to LBC right now, pointing out that the brexit party is ahead of chuka even in London, and trying to goad labour voters into backing a remain party. This is a brexiter doing this btw.

Fuck right off.
  • You are a Brexit voter now.
  • It’s the better way. All the remain peeps are gunning for a patronising revote gamble in which all of the best and emotive arguments will be on the leave side.

You look at the remainers in chief - tig mans - talking about a referendum including no deal. I mean anyone who is vaguely bought into the reasons for remain should consider if that is a sensible approach. Anyone who gives a toss about democracy or the long term rise of the erosion of our structures (by the politicians themselves) would also need to be smarter than god to construct a referendum question that won’t be weaponised into some eventual hatebomb.
  • monkey wrote:
    You are a Brexit voter now.

Why?
  • I'm listening to LBC right now, pointing out that the brexit party is ahead of chuka even in London, and trying to goad labour voters into backing a remain party. This is a brexiter doing this btw.

Fuck right off.

Can you go and watch a Farage speech? Hoping it will have the same impact as you watching Spurs.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Labour have been so monumentally shit over Brexit that I’m going to have to think long and hard about whether or not I can continue to vote for them.
  • https://youtu.be/duIQ0XVIRsk

Worth a watch. These are the kinds of towns voting leave. The future is even bleaker. Brexit's is only the start of it. Unless... Unless we build a broad coalition of workers to help us tackle inequality and unchecked capitalism. Heidi and Chuka don't believe in that. Chuka and co left labour because they don't and wiill never ever believe in anything other than a marginal tinker with capitalism. Brexit's just an excuse.

That. Won't. Do. Not voting labour, only strengthens Tories or worst. It will lead to things even worse than brexit. The breakup of the UK. A violent, assertive English nationalism. And the slavification of most people within 20 years.
  • I will still vote Labour in a general election. I'd like them to have a Brexit policy I agree with by then and this is the only thing I can do to influence that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    build a broad coalition of workers to help us tackle inequality and unchecked capitalism. Heidi and Chuka don't believe in that. Chuka

The Greens do, and they aren’t talking out of their arses in regards to Brexit while ignoring the feelings of their membership either.
  • You mean they back remain or a revote? That'd be because their support is 100% affluent middle classes, with hardly any working class.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Labour are literally claiming that they will end freedom of movement and retain the benefits of the single market. It’s bullshit, cakeist unicornism which is at least as bad as anything the Brexiteers have come up with.

If Labour do get do get their GE and win, it’s on the back of an undeliverable promise, which is why we’re in this mess in the first place.

So no, it’s not just about a referendum.
  • It's electioneering, they have to say they will end freedom of movement. Because lots of their voters want that.

Anyway,I'm not gonna argue. You get precisely what you deserve in this world.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!