Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Actually, I’ve checked it and it appears to be in use again, by the Tuvaluan Parliament. Looks like parliamentlive.tv is the one you wanted.
    This is more of that StarWarz trade federation bollocks, isn't it?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Dunno, never heard of it.
  • g.man wrote:
    Actually, I’ve checked it and it appears to be in use again, by the Tuvaluan Parliament. Looks like parliamentlive.tv is the one you wanted.

The UK and the EU form a symbiotic circle, what happens to one of you will affect the other, you must understand this...

Now let's get in a spaceship and fly through the planet core.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Fucking hell. May’s vaunted cross-party talks won’t involve Corbyn. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/16/theresa-may-fails-to-reach-out-to-jeremy-corbyn-to-strike-brexit-compromise There is genuinely something wrong with that woman.
    There's no point. Labour aren't going to bail her out. Even if they did, any votes she gains from Labour, she'd lose from her own side. There's people that voted for the deal last night that won't vote for a customs union eg Gove, Leadsom.

Even if she got Corbyn to agree there's no chance of getting full Labour backing. This would be used by other Labour people to try and dislodge Corbyn.
  • Yossarian wrote:

*stealth edit*

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Yeah, I meant parliamentlive.tv – y’know, the one that our parliament actively promotes.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Labour’s official policy is that it would support a permanent customs union. I think such a proposal would garner quite a lot of support from Tory remainers too, TBH. And the majority of Tories are remainers.

Permanent customs union is one of the few options that has a genuine chance of getting through Parliament.

Edit: monkey.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    The UK and the EU form a symbiotic circle, what happens to one of you will affect the other, you must understand this... Now let's get in a spaceship and fly through the planet core.
    Don't get cocky kid!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    The UK and the EU form a symbiotic circle, what happens to one of you will affect the other, you must understand this... Now let's get in a spaceship and fly through the planet core.
    Don't get cocky kid!

I clapped when I read this.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I've got a bad feeling about this.
  • Can someone let me know how the debate on low level letter boxes goes please?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Labour’s official policy is that it would support a permanent customs union. I think such a proposal would garner quite a lot of support from Tory remainers too, TBH. And the majority of Tories are remainers. Permanent customs union is one of the few options that has a genuine chance of getting through Parliament. Edit: monkey.
    Labour's policy is quite a number of other things the Tories can't stomach as well. I've got no idea of the numbers but every rebel Tory you hear (apart from the small clique of arch-Remainers like Soubry and Morgan) say they can't vote for the deal because of the backstop. They don't want the backstop because it implements a permanent customs union. The technical possibility of a customs union is enough to put them off. A permanent one would see Michael Gove and all the Leave 'pragmatists' jumping ship (probably). As of yesterday, May needs to find 115 odd votes from somewhere. Labour has 260 odd but she loses votes on her own side for every concession she makes.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Can someone let me know how the debate on low level letter boxes goes please?

I'm not being sarcastic when I say that I'm glad one of these fuckers is actually doing stuff other than the madness.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • One of them putting in a bit of the actual day job is a bloody low bar though, isn’t it?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Speaking to a Labour source, they said two things: (1) Labour will bring a confidence motion at least once more, when PM’s plan B is better known and (2) Corbyn is v unlikely ever to support 2nd ref in any circumstances. Another source said if he tried half Shadow cab would walk.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1085503910624792576

I heard something similar in morning conference today. It seems that Corbyn is committed to overriding the will of the Labour Party membership.

This is not promising.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    :-(
  • And yet
    The SNP’s Pete Wishart asks what will Labour’s Brexit policy be if there is an election: will it be for Brexit or against?
    Corbyn says Labour is a democratic party. The party will decide

Which surely carries a glimmer of promise.
  • There isn't a plan B. Corbyn is fucking useless and can only state that "she" better come up with something better. That Labour don't have any plan of their own is a total scandal.
  • I think Labour do have a plan of their own (ie. cancel this shit and remain in the EU) but sadly their leader doesn’t agree, so it’s not the official plan.
  • I suspect once we know that we can't get an election, Corbyn will ballot the members on what they want Labour to support, over-riding the objections of any in the party to what Labour then do.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    And yet
    The SNP’s Pete Wishart asks what will Labour’s Brexit policy be if there is an election: will it be for Brexit or against?
    Corbyn says Labour is a democratic party. The party will decide

Which surely carries a glimmer of promise.

Labour’s democracy doesn’t appear to carry over onto this issue. Hopefully Corbyn sees sense.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I suspect once we know that we can't get an election, Corbyn will ballot the members on what they want Labour to support, over-riding the objections of any in the party to what Labour then do.

Unless the plan is to keep tabling confidence motions, which has been raised as a possibility.
  • Can the opposition grind Parliament to a halt by tabling a confidence motion every day?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fuck knows, although if they can, that will leave us exiting with no deal.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    May dodges question on whether she will shift to customs union again in Commons - I asked one Cabinet minister earlier when she will give ground, their answer was 'five past seven'

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1085536111093522432
  • Stopping by to just say what the fuck was that PMQs earlier?

Special shout out to Corbyn. Fucking hell Jezza, pls. Why do you still want to leave the EU at this point? Do you want to be PM and enact some social policies, or do you just want to fuck about so you can tell everyone you were 'too radical' for the establishment to stomach when you eventually retire from politics so you can get away with not having to give people a valid excuse for why you seem incapable of doing something that the majority of your MPs and your party membership would thank you for for once, it might even help build a little tiny bridge towards the fucking blairites who are still hanging around flinging shit at you from the sidelines. 

May was obviously as shit as ever so she doesn't need a mention, she just needs to fuck the fuck off. Fucking cunt, she's gonna play the martyr card allllll day long until the end of time once she is finally ousted by her shitty cadre of associates.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Speaking to a Labour source, they said two things: (1) Labour will bring a confidence motion at least once more, when PM’s plan B is better known and (2) Corbyn is v unlikely ever to support 2nd ref in any circumstances. Another source said if he tried half Shadow cab would walk.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1085503910624792576

I heard something similar in morning conference today. It seems that Corbyn is committed to overriding the will of the Labour Party membership.

This is not promising.

Well yeah. Corbyn only supports democracy when it suits him, he's been trying to play all sides as long as he can and he's actively going against the wishes of his members. He's a slimy one.
  • There's a whole generation who should be flocking to this Labour banner for all sorts of reasons, but who feel deeply betrayed by 1) the actual lack of campaigning by JC during the referendum and 2) the general fuckwittery of their on-going "opposition" to this mad Brexit thing.

And yet he's also still losing the Labour Brexit supporters who also feel let down by him.

Labour should be about 15 points up in the polls all else being equal given how fucking awful this so-called Government is.

If he refuses to accept his membership (who he claims to represent) want a second referendum, then he's betraying all the members and caving to the Eurosceptics again, paving the way for a split or some new movement to actually deliver what people want.

And he'll never be PM either.

/rant
  • Yep, that's the spirit. This is all Corbyn's fault.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • In fairness it's not May's fault either, but since Cameron has already fucked off and we're not allowed to shoot him nobody appears to be doing anything constructive. Europe is hoping it'll not happen, May is in La La land and Corybn seems to be focused on not doing anything.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!