Dark Souls III [UK parents Slow-coach edition]
  • Got it in cex today. Ps4
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Was gonna check how much it is on PStorebut need to update system. I thought I had it on rest mode. :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Buying and pre-loading tomorrow. Hype motherfucker, not playing at midnight though, I'm not a child.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    If I buy it I'll probably never finish Old Hunters so it's a [not yet] from me.
  • Prestige edition is available on Amazon for Bone I think as it gives you the option to pre order it... For £300. Riiiiiiigghhttt.

Collectors edition is sold out on PS4.  Wouldn't mind that hardcover A4 trilogy artbook but I wonder if it'll actually be any good and also if it'll be available separately anyway. May just eBay it in future. But it comes with soundtrack too! Although that's on CD and we all know it's not 1996 anymore.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    We're not fishing for actual spoiling guys, get a grip.
    I don't know everything about this game and I'd like to discuss it with other people as they go along. Just because I've put in 24 hours worth of play doesn't mean I know everything about the game. Indeed, I'll have missed loads of stuff early on that others are likely to stumble across. So I'll read in this thread and I'll post in this thread and you can't stop me. Nyah. Obviously I won't give anything away. I'm not a dick.
    Jesus. Nothing has even been said FFS.  
    hylian_elf wrote:
    A bit of friendly non-spoiler/non-info trolling/banter like we have in every tread.

Aye fair enough, and sorry for over-reacting, but I guess for those of us who have been on media blackout even to-you-innocuous statements are nerve-jangling.  
    Pointless thread.

Well no, it had a fairly clear point.  I get that you might not benefit from it, but I'd hope you could appreciate that others might.  I hoped for a thread of sanctuary, not one of salt.
  • ^i completely get you and apologies for my trollbantz.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I am a moron though, so you're forgiven for that one :-)
  • You want to see some salt? Go read the other thread and look for every Chalice post once he gets stuck at a boss. Arf arf. Saltmeister General.

Really looking forward to this thread kicking off over the week.
  • I was half joking earlier btw but I'd still say that I don't want any info at all in this thread, even if it's good or bad. I know it's petty but I'm a weirdo.
  • Fucking right! Man the salt was seeping out of me several times Tiger!! Proper Souls.

I mean, it is a pointless thread really. We did this for DKS2. We had about three or four different threads and they all just die when the game releases. Which is tomorrow pretty much. Just use the Dark Souls thread and the spoiler thread no? Just splits up the community.
  • The thread isn't hurting anyone, the community is already split, some of us have played it two weeks earlier than others.
  • Yeah but we'll all be together on it soon. I'm gonna gank the fuck out of you. ;)
  • I'm gonna get the ps4 version at some point too so I can do a second play through in coop. Was tempted to get the collectors edition that comes with an estus flask (although not a real flask so just a wasted opportunity), a sword bookmark and an art book etc.
    I don't need that junk do I? Do i?

Also have fun peeps! I condone this thread. The spoiler thread is still pretty spoilery even with spoiler tags.
  • You don't need the junk Shabs
  • Tempy wrote:
    You don't need the junk Shabs

Thanks T. You got my back, boo.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    -_O
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Good luck.

Sadly, due to you being PS4, I won't be around to help you with any creepy crawlies Dan. :(
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I can understand some peoples wish for complete silence on the matter. Hell, I've had the game for about two weeks and I stopped going into the spoiler thread too. I suppose it's different strokes for different folks. Nothing wrong with people wanting a 'safe zone' to discuss the game with people in a similar position, with regards to release dates and time management. 

I'm only about 27 hours in but I'm enjoying it a lot. Hope you guys do too.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    OMG IT@S HERE I HAVE IT WHY DO I HAVE TO WORK?!?!?!
  • I'm not getting it until i've completed my current run through of DkS1, when i'm ready i will start my own new thread for even slower movers :)
  • I mean, it is a pointless thread really.

Honestly, I'd disagree. What I think some people don't get - even those who say they get it - is that I don't want anything about the game told to me. I don't want implication, hints or anything, I don't want mechanics discussed or even what enemies are in there. For example, I don't even want to know if there are hollows or warping or anything else. Unfortunately, that's been "spoiled" - and I use quotation marks because to many people those things aren't spoilers - they're in "well, duh!" territory.

But there's already stuff here I would consider spoiler territory because some people really can't help themselves - they don't consider it a spoiler so fair game. And I don't want to have to look like a dick and pull people up - especially since the default response (not just you but others too) to being accused of spoiling things is "get a grip". So can you and other people who have played the game either stay away or not reference anything in the game? And I mean, anything. Don't imply, don't nudge, don't wink. Dont say "sorry I can't help you with (monster type x)" because I don't even want to know that monster type x or similar monster types are in there. I'm happy to "split" the community if the split is between those who know and those who don't know. Just give us a month or two, ok?
  • Yep, agree with everything cint just said. Now I know there's a section with a certain type of monster. I don't care if it's been in every Souls game to date, I don't care if I'm labelled crazy for caring, it really feels like a lack of respect for the wishes of people.
  • Part of me hates From for this release fuck up. Another part can't believe people couldn't wait two weeks to play in their native language with the servers online.
  • Or instead of people that played early tip toeing around people that are that sensitive to it, how about just don't go on the forum or in the threads FFS??

We've been through this before when some numpty got the arse about Ocarina of Time being spoiled nearly twenty years after release.

We discuss games on here, there's a spoiler thread for early adopters, and a normal thread for the others. This thread has its place I suppose, but you have to draw the line. Who will be the first of you noobies to post a question about the game on here and get flamed for spoiling?? You can't win. You click on a spoiler tag, you don't really know whether it's gonna spoil something for you or not.

Someone's will say 'oh regarding (spoiler) such and such (spoiler) someone will click that and end up getting something spoiled. Just don't click the fricking thing.

The whole thing is a bit of a farce.

Just be responsible when posting and browsing that's all there is to it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Or, as has always been my stance on this, you can just not spoiler in the odd thread people ask others not to.

*partridgeshrug*
  • i completely get what people are saying about avoiding spoilers and stuff, and the intention of the thread...but if you really don't want anything spoiled for you, shouldn't you just stay out of any dark souls thread?  i mean, unless everyone in this thread only plays at the same time, and progressing at the same rate, then every post in here will from people at different parts of the game.
    ace: "i've just completed the tutorial, like how they've made the x button do y..."
    someone else: "you momo, i haven't finished the opening cinematic yet!"
    another: "there's an opening cinematic?  you cad, i haven't even finished booting it yet"
    rando man: "it boots? you swine!"

me?  i haven't even played darksouls 2 yet, and will maybe buy ds3 when it's on a steam sale for a fiver, so please don't post any spoilers until 2018 at the earliest please.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!