Dark Souls III [UK parents Slow-coach edition]
  • I wanna know what Cinty is on about.
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I wonder if people are referring to this bit?
    TheDJR wrote:
    Good luck.
    Sadly, due to you being PS4, I won't be around to help you with any creepy crawlies Dan. :( 

But I don't know, maybe there are creepy crawlies, maybe that was a generic statement, the point is even that is something that people don't want to know.   (So please don't confirm one way or the other!)

Ding ding. When I said I don't want to know anything, I said I don't want to know anything. Just stop. Maybe it's stupid or ridiculous to you, that's fine, just use the other thread. Please.
    I played the game early because I had the opportunity to, in English, legally. Anything I wanted to talk about was in the SPOILER thread.

I don't see why I should be made to feel bad about that. As it stands, it suited me perfectly as I'm going to Barcelona this week so won't get a chance to get involved in the proper EU release. I had a bunch of time off work right about the time of the Jap release. No fucking brainer.

Seems to me certain people get a wee bit jealous about it.

No jealousy. I'm happy you played it, genuinely. But now I hope you can respect our wishes (and trust me, I know I'm not the only one) and just not say ANYTHING about this game in the thread at all. You have others.

It's like you almost want it spoiled for you.

Comes to super special latecomer no spoilers thread to avoid spoilers. Gets accused of wanting spoilers. You could get gold in the Olympics with those mental gymnastics.
    You're acting like I'm an advocate of spoiling stuff. I'm in the same boat as you lot! Souls games are special, and deserve to be played blind, but you're getting way too sensitive about it. There's a fucking spoiler thread FFS. Nothing has been said in here.

"Deserve to be played blind" I agree - so please say nothing about anything relating to any content in this game. Do so in the other threads, thanks. No matter how ridiculous it seems to you please remember there have been people on a complete blackout who know very little about what is in this game.
    Djornson wrote:
    i completely get what people are saying about avoiding spoilers and stuff, and the intention of the thread...but if you really don't want anything spoiled for you, shouldn't you just stay out of any dark souls thread?
    Or allow just ONE thread for "latecomers"?

What is acceptable to discuss in this thread?

edit - i'm actually in favour of this thread but i think it's important to clarify

Yep, legit gripe.

If I have a question or anything I plan to spoiler tag as much as possible. The trick is how do so while letting people whether it's safe or not to click.
  • Tempy wrote:
    People fill up my book thread with shite about fantasy novels series that are 50 books long and I HATE IT (Ok that's a little bit true)

Fucking snob.
  • You're wasting my precious bytes
  • What is acceptable to discuss in this thread? edit - i'm actually in favour of this thread but i think it's important to clarify
    Yep, legit gripe. If I have a question or anything I plan to spoiler tag as much as possible. The trick is how do so while letting people whether it's safe or not to click.

So (taking my point to it's extreme) if this thread is about dark souls 3 everything in this thread should be in a spoiler tag? It's not like we can say 'level 1 complete that was cool' or 'boss 3 is a bastard!' Dark Souls isn't linear enough for that.
  • My original point, before I got pounced on by Cinty, is that threads like this are pointless. It's already at the point where everyone will be too scared to post anything in here for fear of spoiling it for someone else. Just merely asking 'has anyone got to (spoiler) is a spoiler for someone. You see what I'm getting at? It's inevitable when you make these threads.

Cinty, you can keep asking me not to spoil anything but you're like a broken record mate. I haven't spoiled anything nor do I have any intention of doing so. So PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stop asking.

We went through all this when DKS2 was released and it didn't last.

These threads clutter up the already not very user friendly nature of the mobile version of this forum, and in my busy life, I now have to trawl through the front page to find the correct Dark Souls thread I'm allowed to post in.

A minor inconvenience but an inconvenience nonetheless.
  • i completely get what people are saying about avoiding spoilers and stuff, and the intention of the thread...but if you really don't want anything spoiled for you, shouldn't you just stay out of any dark souls thread?
    Or allow just ONE thread for "latecomers"?
    Fine by me.  And i'm absolutely not condoning spoiling, or suggest it's fair game to do so cos you're a bit behind the spoiler thread.
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I also agree that there's an interesting question about different people going at different paces even within this thread.  If I play more than Cinty this week, he's not going to want me to spout loads of stuff.  But hopefully that'll work a bit better without 300 pages of people who have already completed the game or whatever to worry about.
    that's really what i was thinking about, in terms of the concept of another spoiler thread but just for people starting two weeks later...people will get ahead of each other and mention things that people won't like, so unless everyone has their own thread of 'only post about things up to where i am at' you'll see something.  so you need a spoiler thread where you neatly label the spoilers so people know whether to look or not...but if you really don't want to know even the most basic things, then why risk reading even a latecomers thread if all it takes to 'upset' you is (and i'm making this up for an example as i know nothing about the game) "I'm stuck at the black Knight in the graveyard, any advice"?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • These threads clutter up the already not very user friendly nature of the mobile version of this forum, and in my busy life, I now have to trawl through the front page to find the correct Dark Souls thread I'm allowed to post in. A minor inconvenience but an inconvenience nonetheless.

Was this a troll?
  • Chalice I thought you were "done with this thread"?

As for not spoiling - that's my point. You have, outside of the DkS3 spoiler thread, spoiled things twice now and both times claimed they're not spoilers. They're not spoilers TO YOU.

We've had how many destiny threads? 4? The main, plus console specific threads plus the lore thread? Maybe more, I can't remember. This is now 2 for DkS3 - spoiler and non-spoiler. This is the non-spoiler, that means no spoilers or anything that could be considered a spoiler.

Lots of things happened when DkS2 came out - you thinking it was the best game ever for example - but who gives a fuck if the threads sink later? Not every thread has to last forever.

And you don't have to "trawl" for anything. This forum might luck functionality but the 2 threads have different titles and OPs and they're both front page - get a grip lol.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    These threads clutter up the already not very user friendly nature of the mobile version of this forum, and in my busy life, I now have to trawl through the front page to find the correct Dark Souls thread I'm allowed to post in. A minor inconvenience but an inconvenience nonetheless.

Was this a troll?

Doubt it, he's not self aware enough for that.

Twice now he's been warned about spoiling stuff and both times refused to believe what he wrote was a spoiler, before then claiming we shouldn't worry about him spoiling anything lol
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The wife wants me to watch The Night Manager this evening.

FFS.

No doubt the island too. :-(
  • My copy didn't arrive today :( Said it dispatched on Thursday ffs.

Either that or reading this forum was how the game starts.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The real Bear and Badger begins now.
  • YOU DIED

edit: also yeah it took me over a year to finally complete bloodborne, hopefully I can keep up with even the pace on this thread.
  • To be fair, even though chalice is a bit of a douche sometimes he does have a point in that wanting to play through a game completely blind and then making a thread about said game is a bit of an oxymoron as you'll only be able to get up to discussing buying the game and putting it in the console before you hit spoiler territory.

Shrug.

Take my advise cinty, if you want to play blind then avoid all these threads because at some point something major or semi major will get posted whether on purpose or not and then only way to avoid that is to stay clear until you're done and happy to read about anything.

That's all I'm gonna say. Have fun peeps.
  • thread has derailed. acemuzzy said 'those who play from UK release and no more than an hour or two a night.' that's pretty clear. we got sidetracked and started talking about spoilers and stuff. let muzzy have what he wants, childintime i suggest you don't even read this thread because it will spoiler things for you. i won't be playing from UK release so i will avoid this thread. i don't get why having multiple threads about the same game is such an issue.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    These threads clutter up the already not very user friendly nature of the mobile version of this forum, and in my busy life, I now have to trawl through the front page to find the correct Dark Souls thread I'm allowed to post in. A minor inconvenience but an inconvenience nonetheless.

Was this a troll?

Doubt it, he's not self aware enough for that.

Twice now he's been warned about spoiling stuff and both times refused to believe what he wrote was a spoiler, before then claiming we shouldn't worry about him spoiling anything lol

So you've resulted to a childish insult then? Of course it was a troll FFS.

Forgive me, but I thought you were quite a sound fella up until a few posts ago, but now you're coming across as a bit of a dick. I've learnt something new about a badger today. Not good sadly. Oh well you live and learn.

When were these two occasions I've spoiled the game for everyone? If you're referring to the creepy crawly thing then you really do need to get firm hold of yourself and give your head a wobble.

As for this thread, I'm sorry Ace, but due to 'Child' intimes silly and dickish behaviour, I'm going to be an even bigger dick and sink this thread with spoilers galore.

ENTER HERE AT YOU'RE OWN RISK.

• Why the hell am I Owen Risk
  • @chalice

You threatening that makes me genuinely sad. I tried giving my head a wobble but I'm still upset.
  • can i nominate someone else to be at risk instead of me?
  • So you've resulted to a childish insult then? 

I'm going to be an even bigger dick and sink this thread with spoilers galore.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    @chalice You threatening that makes me genuinely sad. I tried giving my head a wobble but I'm still upset.

I'm sure he wouldn't do that.

I'll be very careful re what I post too, just want everyone to enjoy the game.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • everybody needs to calm the fuck down. you are grown men. this is an internet forum about videogames
  • THIS WHOLE SITUATION IS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • won't somebody think of the (slow coach UK parents of) the children?
  • Run for your lives.

But seriously, it's all a storm in a teacup. I've PMed chalice and hopefully we can have a cool thread for the PS4 losers (and slow Boners) among us and still be a cool happy family. Everyone cool is welcome, which excludes elf, because fuck elf.
  • I turned down a free copy of this game from an unamed badger, which is how much I hate it, and all of you
  • As for this thread, I'm sorry Ace, but due to 'Child' intimes silly and dickish behaviour, I'm going to be an even bigger dick and sink this thread with spoilers galore. ENTER HERE AT YOU'RE OWN RISK.

Oh fuck off you utter cretin.
  • As for this thread, I'm sorry Ace, but due to 'Child' intimes silly and dickish behaviour, I'm going to be an even bigger dick and sink this thread with spoilers galore. ENTER HERE AT YOU'RE OWN RISK.

Chill buddy. That's as much my fault as anything, I was pretty confrontational. Let's just get a thread going, eh?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bunch of fucking fannies mate, limp fuckin towels in here ffs bet u all have apple with your gammon fuck you all
    Chill buddy. That's as much my fault as anything, I was pretty confrontational. Let's just get a thread going, eh?

Nah.
    It is a total fuck you to Ace and anyone else who may have wanted to use this thread in the way it was meant.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!