Dark Souls III [UK parents Slow-coach edition]
  • Or instead of people that played early tip toeing around people that are that sensitive to it, how about just don't go on the forum or in the threads FFS??

We've been through this before when some numpty got the arse about Ocarina of Time being spoiled nearly twenty years after release.

We discuss games on here, there's a spoiler thread for early adopters, and a normal thread for the others. This thread has its place I suppose, but you have to draw the line. Who will be the first of you noobies to post a question about the game on here and get flamed for spoiling?? You can't win. You click on a spoiler tag, you don't really know whether it's gonna spoil something for you or not.

Someone's will say 'oh regarding (spoiler) such and such (spoiler) someone will click that and end up getting something spoiled. Just don't click the fricking thing.

The whole thing is a bit of a farce.

Just be responsible when posting and browsing that's all there is to it.

This is not Ocarina "nearly 20 years after release" this is DkS3 being spoiled BEFORE release. Are you actually directly comparing the two?

Why do you "have to draw the line"? How does this thread impinge upon your happiness or enjoyment of the game? You can't help yourself, so just use the other threads. How does that harm or discomfort you in any way?

If someone asks, along with others how to do something, I expect spoiler tags. Something you have repeatedly shown yourself incapable of using because, like many people, you are incapable of seeing things from others perspectives. If you think something is ridiculous, it MUST BE ridiculous.

So please, PLEASE:

Use the other threads, It doesn't hurt you
    Don't say ANYTHING about any enemy or mechanic in here.
    Don't take it personally.
    Just let us enjoy the game
  • i completely get what people are saying about avoiding spoilers and stuff, and the intention of the thread...but if you really don't want anything spoiled for you, shouldn't you just stay out of any dark souls thread?

Or allow just ONE thread for "latecomers"?

• To abide by the wishes of this thread, you don't have to do anything. It takes more effort to actually ignore those wishes.
  • Or, as has always been my stance on this, you can just not spoiler in the odd thread people ask others not to.

*partridgeshrug*

This.
  • If this gets spoiled for me, I'll spoil every single game/tv show/film until you're forced to ban me.
  • In a remarkable change of tact DSIII involves you playing young Shagger McSlash, a new addition to the cast, with his trademark catchphrase on death "if only I'd ad me bleedin recovery items!"
  • This whole issue just leaves a really sour taste.
  • I agree with folk not wanting spoiled having the onus on them to not visit generic threads on the stuff but don't see the issue with having a thread for those who want to seclude from that. In fact that seems to solve both camps issues pretty neatly.

• Tempy wrote:
    I agree with folk not wanting spoiled having the onus on them to not visit generic threads on the stuff but don't see the issue with having a thread for those who want to seclude from that. In fact that seems to solve both camps issues pretty neatly.

Yup, a super-special really no spoilers slowcoach edition keeps everyone happy. It means the main threads are now fair game for talk. And this one is the only one that people who have played the game have to ignore. Win-win, as long as people are respectful and just act, for a while, how others would like them to.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Or instead of people that played early tip toeing around people that are that sensitive to it, how about just don't go on the forum or in the threads FFS??

I really don't get this bit.  The purpose of this thread is to stop you needing to tip-toe in the other ones.  Or are you saying that not posting in this new thread is itself tip-toeing?

In terms of "splitting the community", I kinda get that worry.  But two main thoughts:
     - As Dan said, the split release date inherently did that
     - FWIW, with DkS2, the community also split - just the half not creaming through it remaining silent, rather than having their own sub-thread.  At least, I certainly stopped reading/posting altogether, which doesn't seem in any way preferable to having other people to chat to, if there at a similar point to where I am.

I also agree that there's an interesting question about different people going at different paces even within this thread.  If I play more than Cinty this week, he's not going to want me to spout loads of stuff.  But hopefully that'll work a bit better without 300 pages of people who have already completed the game or whatever to worry about.

But basically, I'm with Dan and Cinty (and others): if we can be left in peace to enjoy the game, we'd be grateful, and we're trying to ask politely.
  • i completely get what people are saying about avoiding spoilers and stuff, and the intention of the thread...but if you really don't want anything spoiled for you, shouldn't you just stay out of any dark souls thread?
    Or allow just ONE thread for "latecomers"?

What is acceptable to discuss in this thread?

edit - i'm actually in favour of this thread but i think it's important to clarify
  • Just let Ace have his fucking thread for fucksake.
  • Fucking joke is what it is. I'm getting accused of spoiling the fucking game now when I've done no such thing.

I have to defend myself here. Cinty what the fuck have I spoiled for you about DKS3???

I've revealed fucking nothing about the game in this thread! If you've been in the spoiler thread than that's your own fucking fault. The fact is, nothing has been spoiled in this thread, because we're mostly decent humans. If something gets let slip, it's not intentional, and most times it gets fixed. Shit happens.

I'm a bit hacked off with being labelled as someone who couldn't wait to play the game and spoiling it for everyone else. Oh fuck off.

I played the game early because I had the opportunity to, in English, legally. Anything I wanted to talk about was in the SPOILER thread.

I don't see why I should be made to feel bad about that. As it stands, it suited me perfectly as I'm going to Barcelona this week so won't get a chance to get involved in the proper EU release. I had a bunch of time off work right about the time of the Jap release. No fucking brainer.

Seems to me certain people get a wee bit jealous about it. It's like you almost want it spoiled for you. If you come in this forum, or any other game forum on the internet, you can expect a minor spoiler here and there. Goes with the territory.

It's getting feverish in here it's almost comical. You've got less than a day left. You lot really do need to get a grip and stop expecting fellas off the internet to not talk about a videogame they've played.

You're acting like I'm an advocate of spoiling stuff. I'm in the same boat as you lot! Souls games are special, and deserve to be played blind, but you're getting way too sensitive about it. There's a fucking spoiler thread FFS. Nothing has been said in here.

Sour taste indeed. Fuck this place at times.
  • I wanna know what Cinty is on about.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I wonder if people are referring to this bit?
    TheDJR wrote:
    Good luck.
    Sadly, due to you being PS4, I won't be around to help you with any creepy crawlies Dan. :( 

But I don't know, maybe there are creepy crawlies, maybe that was a generic statement, the point is even that is something that people don't want to know.   (So please don't confirm one way or the other!)

Anyway, my worry is certainly more about the principle, and what might happen, than anything you've actually done.  Your stance of seems to be that we shouldn't be allowed this thread, which I don't really understand.
  • Fever pitch has been reached for those not able to play till now, I think that's all that's going on here. For the record I've not seen Chalice spoil anything.

I did think simultaneously on seeing the thread title:

- this could be trouble
    -  this could be useful

let's all just enjoy the fact that all the world can Souls again tonight.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Have you played it yet Nick, or you only playing from tomorrow?
  • No! I'm fucking dying waiting. Been on 100% blackout, it's been very hard. Unfollowed everything I like everywhere on the internet. Although a cunt thumbnail on a YT vid did spoil a location, but other than that I've managed to avoid it all. Moving house has helped.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I wonder if people are referring to this bit?
    TheDJR wrote:
    Good luck.
    Sadly, due to you being PS4, I won't be around to help you with any creepy crawlies Dan. :( 

But I don't know, maybe there are creepy crawlies, maybe that was a generic statement, the point is even that is something that people don't want to know.   (So please don't confirm one way or the other!)

Anyway, my worry is certainly more about the principle, and what might happen, than anything you've actually done.  Your stance of seems to be that we shouldn't be allowed this thread, which I don't really understand.

Oh FFS you have to be shitting me!!!???

I'm done. All I said about the thread is that we've tried it before and it's pointless. Just clutters the fucking forum up with unused Dark Souls threads. In a weeks time this will probably be sunk.

Someone have a look and see how many we've fucking got for Christ sake. Have the thread, but don't be pedantic about spoilers. Jesus titty fucking Christ THE GAME HAS MONSTERS IN IT.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Knickers in a twist here chalice
  • So committed am I to the principle of this slow-coach edition that I'm gonna finally start Dark Souls this week.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Fucksake Ace you are gonna fill up the internets!
  • There are hunners of threads I don't use but to consider them clutter, well
  • People fill up my book thread with shite about fantasy novels series that are 50 books long and I HATE IT

(Ok that's a little bit true)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    [justify]I think its some OCD thing, or we're breaking an internet rule about forums only being allowed x amount of threads on certain subjects. If this sinks in a week, so what?[/justify]
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    where the fuck did justify come from did I win
  • Limp Bizkit filter
  • Testify!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!