MK's weekday Question - 102
  • I keep my games in the part of my desk which doubles up as a support for the desk so I can access them from the left or the right side giving me literally unparalleled access to games.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If you put another similar desk beside it you could have paralleller acres
  • Crumbs, something to mull over right there
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Acres? Fuck you Swype.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    3 monitor Tempy.
  • Definite Partridge parallels here.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Alot of game genre's have weapons. FPS's to Platformers. The great guns are easy to remember but todays question is Which in-game weapons were shit/useless and why? (and which game were they from)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • In The Goonies on the NES your only weapon was a yo-yo.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Guy in street fighter has a costume with a katana on his back. That's where it stays.
  • What do you feel about user generated content?

sub questions;
    Are you someone who will spend hours making a maps for distribution?
    Do you go for quality or quantity when you design new tracks?
    What is your favourite level editor in a game? (trials? forge?)
    Any WOW moments in your designs?
    Do you think user generated content is always below par? Should players leave it to the developers?
    Do you have any mods? (skyrim/quake/GTA etc?)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • If LBP had come out when I was a teenager it would probably be my favourite game of all time. Back then I had lots of time and really wanted to make games but had no tools or knowledge to allow me to do so. However, now I'm at a point where I have less free time and have started to develop games as a hobby and left my job to study game programming at University. As a result I ended up with a choice: do I spend hours learning how to make games in LBP, or do I spend hours learning real programming which will allow me to make games and develop skills I can potentially turn into a career? I do think UGC is great and anything that can inspire creativity should be encouraged, but given the choice I'd always want to create my own unique game rather than my version of somebody else's game.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • UGC gives me more levels to play with, and that's great. Can't help but think the developers should do it themselves though.

Can never see myself having the slightest desire to create anything though.
  • Far cry 2 had the best level editor, pity the mp was shit. As far as content goes if its good I'll play it and I have no concept of level balancing and flow and couldn't make decent maps if i tried.
  • Dink Smallwood was a Zelda rip-off with an inbuilt adventure/game maker and I created the best user generated content in the world for that game and I'm actually very serious about that.
  • How do I play it James?
  • If I get Dink can you send me the UGC?
  • An easy one today :) what is your favourite box art of all time?
  • My external HDD, a plain black metal box with a tiny blue light that confirms it is alive.
  • What do you mean 'of all time'? We are still talking about videogames here, aren't we?
  • mk64 wrote:
    An easy one today :) what is your favourite box art of all time?

1082737-ping_pong__konami_.jpg
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • @mk & @tempy : Download the full game here. You can then download the most awesomest game ever here. Sign of the times, there are a group of ne'er-do-wells known as the Scarab Club 7. Or S Club 7. HAHAHA. Someone should punch young me. It's better than it sounds. THE DIALOGUE IS AMAZING.

The game is actually available on iDevices, but I don't know how well it translates.
  • This:

monkeyislandy.jpg

And this:

monkeyisland2.jpg

And these inside that and that:

monkeyislandcodewheel.jpg

wheelmi2resized.jpg
  • Todays question:

What do you think of "Cross over Games"? (e.g. Street Fighter Vs Tekken or Bad dudes vs dragon ninja)
  • Wasn't Bad Dudes versus Dragon Ninja just another name for Two Crude Dudes, and not actually a "cross over game" at all?
  • Its crossover in that its got characters from both games. I'd say Smash Bros is also crossover.

There are plenty of examples outside of the beatup genre too.
  • What were the originals?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I love them. It typically shows developers not taking themselves seriously for once in the name of decent muck about fun.

Then you have Playstation All-Stars. Which is just fucking stupid.

What was the first proper crossover game anyway? Earliest my mind goes to is Fighters Megamix. Which is baby memory i'm sure compared to you guys.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!