MK's weekday Question - 102
  • Thanks Tempy, you win 5 wikipedia points.
  • Everybody: Stop calling MarioKart names.

MarioKart: Stop being a sensitive prick.

Done.
  • Which is the hardest game boss you've ever faced?

and describe the action.

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The first question was interesting and was relevant to the title. Why are you turning it into a best moments thread?
  • sorry kow, i'll change the title to something more relevant.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It would have been better if you'd changed the question.
  • there's going to be one a day for the foreseeable future so i think changing the title for someone who is being a bit pernickety was the better option. The questions probably wont deserve their own threads so they'll go in here. If you dont like a question, probably best you dont comment.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Now, now, chill out. My point is that your first question was interesting, asking people to match games with other things. Then you decided to make it into a best moments list thread. Instead of presuming everybody is just hating on you, why don't you think a little bit more about each question and keep them interesting? We've all seen list threads a million times but your first idea was a bit different. Why not try to stick with that and keep people interested?
  • I'm asking you which is the hardest boss you've encountered. Its not the same as which is your favourite boss or list me some bosses. I'm not sure where the list element of your posts are coming from.. I'll be asking potentially hundreds of questions, im sure not everyone will find every question something they find interesting to reply to but it doesn't mean they have to actively post "this is shit" like brooks did. Looks like bitching to me. Anyway.. hardest boss you've faced kow?
  • I feel had to.
  • thanks brooks. Your negative input was really welcomed.
  • It does tend to be tbh
  • Does it have to be a new one every day? 
    Just let the old subject run its course then refresh. One a day is overkill.
  • if something explodes then i'll let it run but tbh they're going to be mainly quite quick short questions.
  • The Ultimate Warrior clone in Streets of Rage 2 (level 4 boss I think). I replayed that game recently. Tough as nails.
  • Although I did beat him so ignore that. A different one.
  • The Pirate Boss in Metroid Prime had me sticking the finger up at the telly and beating up the controller.

It was only by setting a bomb off at the beginning that I eventually beat it.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Hardest Boss? Extermination springs to mind. It was an early PS2 title in the vein of the Resident Evil franchise (though it predated the over the shoulder, action horror of RE4 by years), which featured, for the time, a fucktonne of revolutionary ideas that it would never be credited with. Might not even have been the final boss, but there was one fight at sea where you were on a boat, and some grizzly bad boy with seemingly endless forms would pummel you from both on the boat and in the sea. It was in retrospect probably just me missing a trick, but fuck me, I don't think I ever had more restarts.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I struggled with the boss in strangers wrath that was based in the fort. I could kill him, it was capturing him alive that was a pain in the butt.

That was a good game, I should get it again.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Maneater...
  • I gave up on Stranger's Wrath on oldbox.

Must get the HD at some point and settle the score, Western style.
  • Nick wrote:
    I gave up on Stranger's Wrath on oldbox. Must get the HD at some point and settle the score, Western style.

its so good. Playing RDR brought it all back for me. Because you didn't have to kill everyone in it. 

M Bison level 7 SFII SNES. - utter barsteward. ( just so I'm keeping on topic)
  • Love Stranger's Wrath, Sekto is still the hardest end boss I've fought.

Those spinning octopus things were the biggest problem, if they cornered you it was all over.
  • Every J-RPG ever has to have one boss about 20 hours into the game that is actually impossible so that they can put "40+ hours of gameplay!" on the box but only have to make 20 hours of game.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • The bonus Weapons in FFVII were pretty hardcore. And no way of beating them without a fuck load of grinding first. A maxed out Knights of the Round or two was pretty much obligatory.

Just about anything towards the end of Ikaruga was beyond my brain, and I'd never have done it without those infinite continues.

As a rule, anything that has more than 2 forms and expects you to do all of them in one go can go fuck itself.
  • JonB wrote:
    Just about anything towards the end of Ikaruga was beyond my brain, and I'd never have done it without those infinite continues.

Aw, it's too bad that they included the infinite continues! A lot of people I know quit on it once they'd finished it (once infinite continues was unlocked) which is a shame because the better you get at it the more you appreciate it. When you figure out how to chain the later levels you realise that the level design is some of the best in any video game ever - it's why the numerous Ikaruga rip-offs simply can't touch it, they steal the core idea but don't have the design skills to back it up.

Sorry, impassioned gushing rant over. Every time anyone mentions that game I go all funny.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Grrr... missed my chance to add my favourite intro (it was Panzer Dragoon Saga, btw)

Hardest boss? Probably anything from Ikaruga.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Kow wrote:
    Maneater...

Cheap cunt.

The last utter bastard on Ninja Gaiden 2.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Ah the second boss I've got to and never beaten. The fact that I had no health left on the save was the killer.
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES had the Technodrome boss which was a tough bastard. Never beat him
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!