Nioh
  • @ nice tip for the horns. Will try that. My burst counters are hit and miss, especially when serpant lady does her coil and bites your head. Hate that. The burst counters will hopefully improve as i go on, i only have the ferel and brute available at the moment.

I get an hour a night max to play this so going is slower, sounds like your flying through the game tempy.
  • You can’t counter grabs / gotta just avoid them if you see the black and white mist
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Fuck it. Just double-dipped. May as well use my extensive experience to guide some of these fresh fish through the troublesome parts. Plus there are new DLC weapons which I'm hoping are available from the off.

And its my favourite game of recent years, so at £25, its a no-brainer decision. Don't worry, I'll have caught up with you lot in one session.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Bought it as well, but upon starting it I realised I still feel burned out after the first one where I did just about everything you could possibly do, so I won't be playing this for some time. The similarities are just overwhelming.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Just killed my next boss on 2nd attempt. Some dude in a battlefield with lightening and fire. He was alright. The yoksi leading up to him were harder.

@curtis what build you going for this time? I was helping out a random who had a ninja build with the kusarigamas, posion shurken etc. Quality. Made me think i should have gone full ninja for this. As much as i love the switchglaive.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Re-spec'ing isn't expensive. I tried almost every build available with the base game. Thats why i'll be looking at the DLC weapons this time around.

Oh my days i am sooooo rusty. Can't remember a thing.
  • Wow, thought id have a quick go at lunch. Started a sub mission and litterally you have to deal with 3/4 enemies at the same time. Ridiculous. Even if you use arrows to take them out someone gets alerted and the horde decends. I think im gonna summon a benevolent grave for this one.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Currently rocking the Splitstaff and loving it. I tried Fists first, but i don't like being that up close & personal.
  • Next Nioh game may have Open World

The latest issue of Famitsu has a special feature to mark the PlayStation 5 release of The Nioh Collection. It also contains an interview with Fumihiko Yasuda from Koei Tecmo’s Team Ninja. Excerpts from the interview indicated that Yasuda talked about plans for a hypothetical Nioh 3, including Open World. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]

In addition to the above, Yasuda also talked a bit about the new features added to the PS5 version, as well as implying that Team Ninja members have read many of the reactions on Nioh games posted online.

Here are some of the highlighted quotes from the interview with Fumihiko Yasuda:

The development team really likes ego-searching, so consider them to have seen most of the things [posted publicly]. (laughs)

There aren’t too many reactions to the story, so please talk about it more. (laughs)

The PS5 version is filled with features we removed when optimizing the PS4 version.

It will also support the Adaptive Trigger. If you feel like the weight is a nuisance, you can turn it off as well. After all, it should just be enjoyed as part of the experience and performance.

Nioh is also a title inspired by From Software’s Dark Souls series.

Dark Souls has Open World as its side aspect, and we originally planned for Nioh to follow that too.

If we were to make Nioh 3, we may implement Open World.

But I think we have put a stop with Nioh 2 for now. We have not decided on plans for another sequel.

If it were to take place overseas, I think the Chinese Three Kingdoms era may also be possible.

I want to create a new Ninja Gaiden game, but we haven’t gotten the Go sign yet (laughs). I want to make a new game, and there are also many other projects.

https://www.siliconera.com/team-ninja-interested-in-adding-open-world-to-the-next-nioh-game/
  • Oh and cross save from ps4 to ps5 is possible.
  • Curtis wrote:
    Currently rocking the Splitstaff and loving it. I tried Fists first, but i don't like being that up close & personal.

Split staff is indeed fun. I've respecced to use the Odachi so maybe Fists are in my future...
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Enenra went down on the second attempt. Stupid XBox d-pad failed me on my first try when i tried to heal. Might have to hook up the Dualshock.
  • Enenra is just a exercise in patience and concentration. It just takes so bloody long that one slip up and your screwed. As i found out it was easier to approach him like a boxing match and keep him in the centre of the room. That way less chance of me getting screwed by the camera or a wall especially when he teleports then punches. Those caught me a few times until i kept him in the centre of the room.

So far i think the snake is the toughest boss. I think i fluked it when i beat him as i have been summoned by others for help and died each time. Tbf to myself i did most of the work and had him down to a sliver of health and baited myself into going in for the finish instead of being calm and waiting.

Bloody brilliant game. Shame so few on this forum who play the souls series play this.
  • I lost a lot of time to the snake boss trying to burst counter its charge move when I was in Brute mode. Once I decided to just move out the way instead it became quite a bit easier. It's a great fight though.
  • My only real issue with Nioh's combat is it's very one directional. It never feels like a proper back and forth, just because of how lethal it is. This is largely due to me being bad at it am sure, but death is always one combo away, sometimes one move.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    If you're running light armour for B or A rank mobility its gonna be like that. Spec into equip weight and start using the heavier sets and you can face tank some proper damage.
  • Curtis wrote:
    If you're running light armour for B or A rank mobility its gonna be like that. Spec into equip weight and start using the heavier sets and you can face tank some proper damage.

I have the golden boy set which is too heavy to full utilise so i am using a light armour set instead, Servant of the gods. Did wonder whether going down the tank route might be better. Not sure. I like the 15% lightening damage of the golden boy set though.

• Curtis wrote:

Might check that out with Odachi. Have respecced to be a bit heavier overall, which is mitigating some stuff, but I am also behind the difficulty curve somewhat. Still, fucked up an
    Spoiler:
    on my second attempt at him - really fun fight there, which let me make great use of the high stance.
  • I hate that enemy in the spoiler. Fecking hits hard with 900 points or something stupid. Probably be eaiser with a tankier build.
  • 386 Deaths, ouchies.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Does Nioh 1 get any ps5 love? Think I have it from ps+, but ain't played it. 60fps??
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Got to first boss. This doesnt fuck about does it. Seemed okay up to there.

Underastanding stances and counters so ready to die a bit. Like the spear.
  • Spear is quality. The first boss is abit of a cunt. Summon a NPC to help (blue grave) or at the shrine offer a cup for a human player to come assist if you get fed up. The reach of his club is sooo annoying.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Oohh blue is NPC? Gotcha, didnt realise what all the coloured graves meant.
  • To summon you need cups, you get cups by killing guys in red graves. Then use said cups to summon players or npc's. You can also summon us guys to help if your on the right console or PC. What you playing on PC?

Btw - best skills and build for Spear

https://samurai-gamers.com/nioh-2/nioh-2-spear-build-skill/
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    On PC yeah. Think I have like 10 cups now.

Gonna get to have another crack Monday so will look at summoning and that build. Cheers mate.
  • Killed a big cat boss, first go. Like when that happens. Anyway thats enough for tonight.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Oohh blue is NPC? Gotcha, didnt realise what all the coloured graves meant.

I woudn't bother using the blue phantoms. They're weak-sauce and the AI is very basic (its supposed to mimic the playstyle of the player who dropped it).

The most important thing for boss fights is to be on-point with your burst counters (RT+B, after they flash red and attack). Other than that Mezuki is pretty easy if you stay up in his face and can confidently evade (in low stance) through his swings. Or you can semi-cheese him by doing ring-o-rosies around the hut. lol! He's too big to navigate the corners properly and gets stuck sometimes, which is your opportunity to lay in some free damage.  ;)
  • But blue npc's make good cannon fodder. :)

Where i (and i play differently to Curtis) do use blue npc's is occasional boss fight (when i just get annoyed and want it over and done). I used a blue npc for mezuki the only boss fight i have used a blue npc for. Also i use them on the occasion sub mission as some of those are just evil bastards and you need someone to watch your back. There was a sub mission yesterday where i would end up with 3/4 enemies trying to fight me. Just ridiculous so needed help of cannon fodder to thin out the herd.

Where i definitely do use blue npc is when i want to get a load of summoning cups. 2 against 1 when fighting red graves is easier. Its even easier when you get a mission based npc who cant die tagging along. Then i activate every red grave i find and just batter them mindlessly into the abyss.

I would add for @DS using the torji gate is useful after you have cleared a few levels. Go to random encounters. Items you use online dont come out of your single player game stock. Items you do get online go into your single player game stock as do your amrita (stuff you use to level up). Its also fun to help people and you also learn stuff from them especially if your new to the series.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!