Nioh
  • Yeh reviews are good for this. Nioh 1 had the best combat mechanics of this generation and somehow they have improved them. Not sure when i will be able to fit this in what with Doom Eternal and RE3 out so soon.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I think i should take a break. My combined saves/builds total 28 hours played!
  • How are you finding it so far curtis?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I love it! But i love the original more than most. 

I've been trying all sorts of build combinations but i still don't feel entirely settled. I may re-spec again tomorrow.

Its a lot harder than the first game despite what JonB says.
  • I certainly die a lot. Over 500 times when I last looked. And some bosses have taken me ages to beat.

The first game was tough as well though, especially early on. I guess there's just more to learn this time.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I had a moment earlier where i lost all coordination and forgot almost every input. Clearly i needed a break. It's my own fault for adding Omnyo to an already complicated configuration of buttons.

I'm trying my best not to go back to Sword only, which i've been using on Nioh for 150 hours of NG+.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Damn! Torii Gate is busy tonight! It takes 5-10 seconds for a summon, and the same again to load into another players game. 

That shit is matchmaking at its finest.
  • £54.99 on psn store to download. Fecking rip off. If it was £40, i would have downloaded it. Will have to wait to get a physical copy.

@curtis, i intend not to use a sword in nioh 2 if i can help it. I think i used a sword and a staff the most in nioh 1. Want to change it up for this one when i get it. The switchglaive and kurigama are my planned weapons of choice.
  • Isn’t £54.99 standard price for a new game nowadays?
  • £49.99 physical is standard game prices I think.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    I intend not to use a sword in nioh 2 if i can help it. I think i used a sword and a staff the most in nioh 1. Want to change it up for this one when i get it. The switchglaive and kurigama are my planned weapons of choice.

I used Sword only for 100+ hours, and its hard getting out of your comfort zone, but i figured: new game, fresh start. 

Luckily the Switchglaive is a cracking weapon and extremely versatile. I don't feel the need for a secondary as backup. 

If you do choose one, be sure to pick one that has similar stat scaling, so you're getting the most bang-for-your-buck.
  • I went for switchglaive. I've tried the hatchets a bit as well, but switchglaive just covers so many bases. It's like a Bloodborne or Monster Hunter weapon. And it scales with magic, which is fine for me, because I find magic pretty much essential in these games after a point.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've been blasting everything with Lightning because of the 20% damage increase my Guardian gives. Plus i have a couple of gear pieces with 8% extra, so its stacking nicely and will only get better as i unlock more stuff.

Debuffing bosses is a must late game. Certainly based on the previous entry.
  • Finally got around to reading jonb's review on gamesradar. Its a shame that many people on here will give seiko a go but not this. The online component was amazing before and as Curtis has mentioned seems just as good second time around.
  • Curtis wrote:
    I've been blasting everything with Lightning because of the 20% damage increase my Guardian gives. Plus i have a couple of gear pieces with 8% extra, so its stacking nicely and will only get better as i unlock more stuff. Debuffing bosses is a must late game. Certainly based on the previous entry.
    Steel talisman is my most used one, to buff my own defence. There's another one that lets you absorb a certain amount of damage, which is useful in a tight spot.

My old favourite from the first game was sloth, and I've used it a few times here already.
  • Sloth was hilariously powerful
  • It was almost like an easy mode. I've tried to restrict my use of it this time, but I'm not sure it lasts as long anyway.
  • Sloth really is i have lost the will to live with this boss and i just wanna get past him type of useage
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I tried Sloth on Saturday night but it messes up your Burst Counter timing because the enemys wind up is so slow. 

I might try Brute Guardian so I'm just as slow and see if it matches up. ;)
  • I keep thinking I'm about to finish it, and there's always more. It's an amazing final stretch though.
  • There it is. The credits finally roll.

That was immense, in every sense. It goes on far too long, but the boss fights are fantastic right to the end. I don't think any game does them better.
  • Perfect self isolation game! If only I didn't have mountains of Uni work to do.
  • I have this, gave it a little go.
    Il get back to it after I get thru some of my pile of shame.
  • JonB wrote:
    There it is. The credits finally roll.

That was immense, in every sense. It goes on far too long, but the boss fights are fantastic right to the end. I don't think any game does them better.

How much help did you need from ncp's and other players or did you solo the whole thing?
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    There it is. The credits finally roll. That was immense, in every sense. It goes on far too long, but the boss fights are fantastic right to the end. I don't think any game does them better.
    How much help did you need from ncp's and other players or did you solo the whole thing?
    I didn't use any help, no. The only co-op I've done is going into other people's games.

It is a tough game though. I had well over 500 deaths by the end. The bosses vary - I did a few first time or in a few goes, quite a lot took maybe 10 or so tries. There was only one I got proper stuck on for ages. I tried calling in help there, but there was no one around. Otherwise, I never considered it. Most bosses are so good to figure out and beat solo.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    This game is trying its best to be a cunt! But i'm a veteran of the original and i know all of Team Ninja's bullshit plans with their archer placements.

Tonight i'm playing slow and steady, which is odd, considering i'm drunk. But its already working out better than today's frustrating sober session. So maybe thats the key for me? 

Either way, this game is utterly sublime!
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Really enjoying this, such vivid colours.

Seem to be using the chained blade/ball ninja thing mostly, while messing with Tonfa too. 
    Not settled on a fave yet but I've barely started.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The second Main Mission in Area 4 is giving me flashbacks of Demon's 5-2. 

Water mobility hindrance is a cheap trick and its spoiling the flow. I was coasting during today's session, and now i have to deal with this bullshit. 

Oh well. I'll grin & bear it. I'm a veteran of lazy mechanics pretending to be learning experiences.
  • So the protagonist still cant swim?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Its ankle-deep water in a rice field. And yet it slows you to a crawl. Luckily it was only the early section of that level.

I just made the mistake of joining the Nioh discord looking for some drunken jolly coop, and all i got was a Level 300 player absolutely wrecking the mission and the experience (i.e. off he goes, and everything dies immediately). 

Fuck that!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!