Kicks, Sneaks and Foot Furnishings
  • Aye, 8.5s again curiously absent as they were at Nike.

Shame about the AF1s, include all sneakerheads, Nike!

Gonna bung in a couple of entries for the Neon 95s, 8am tomorrow the draws close. Half expect similar scenes to the Infrareds at Offspring where they went on gr over raffle. The 95s are yet to appear on Nike.com or SNKRS though.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I strongly suspect a lot of these retailers are creating artificial demand through "raffles" for shoes that should actually be available via straight retail.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Absolutely. I thought it was some kind of condition on receiving stock from Nike, etc al. You want to sell it, you gots to raffle it.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I suspect it's Pandemic related fuckery this year.
  • Apologies for the picture overload, but I saw this ‘92 Nike catalogue listed on eBay, and found it interesting.

3KQcG75.jpg
    Ep2jvf3.jpg
    9PF0tMb.jpg
    wBrZP8w.jpg
    wBrZP8w.jpg
    Feb5z73.jpg
    HbzsBf5.jpg
    SGhlGCn.jpg
    w5KBGye.jpg
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • That's great, look at all those beautiful shoes.
  • END raffle for the 95s has been pushed back to the 30th, shenanigans? Going to see what the morning brings, still no word on SNKRS, raffles closed this morning at Size? and Foot Patrol, didn't even see them listed on the latter.
  • I'd sure like to see a BW release looking at that catalogue. Hopefully would see my og white, black and purple pair join the collection.
  • I can’t go for 95s....

I used to have the 89/90 Nike footwear and apparel catalogues, but it looks like my parents must have thrown them away :(
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Besides overpricing, what's wrong with just buying available Nikes?

If you happen to really like a pair of their limiteds I understand, but it seems like a lot of people chase them exclusively. I understand that too, I guess, but maybe there'll come a time when engaging with Nike's shittery becomes uncool?
  • For me? Nostalgia mainly.
  • Escape wrote:
    Besides overpricing, what's wrong with just buying available Nikes?

If you happen to really like a pair of their limiteds I understand, but it seems like a lot of people chase them exclusively. I understand that too, I guess, but maybe there'll come a time when engaging with Nike's shittery becomes uncool?

Theres a few reasons, first up like Mark said, for the retro models it's nostalgia for a lot of people.

Secondly if people are 'collectors', there's not really any collector value in most of the general release stuff unless it's a model and colourwatly your personally really like. A lot of people will also go for limited release stuff just to make a few quid extra taking them immediately or down the line.

Then there are people like me I guess who aren't specifically collecting, I wear everything I buy, but I already have my everyday trainers sorted so just tend to keep an eye out for whatever and just go for the stuff that I like that won't break the bank.

It isn't limited to just Nike though, all of the main trainer brands do the same rerelease of classic models in limited quantities, or collaborations with other designers/brands in limited quantities these days.

Edit: If you like what's available then totally just buy those as well.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Is it the colours rather than models? So they're still releasing retro models every year, but reserving their '90s colours as limiteds?

I bought a lot of their trainers in the '90s but was never really attached to any. I had a pair of Hi-Tecs that meant more to me! For running in, I always found Nikes had something that gave me blisters. I imagine their modern runners are good, I'm just happy enough with Brooks' Calderas now.
  • The OG colourways will always fuel nostalgia and desire.

I own two pairs of Air Max 95, but neither pair look anywhere near as nice as the upcoming Neons.
  • Both in some cases.

In the case of stuff like the Air Max they release the old models all the time, but the original colours which made those models so popular at the time are usually only released in limited quantities on anniversary years. Stuff like the infrareds, or the silver bullet 97s, or the neon 95s that webbins is on about.

For stuff like the old Jordan models, they only release them in them limited quantities and usually only release them either in classic colours or some kind of collaboration with a signed athlete or designer.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It wouldn't be shitty if they noted what sold quickly and reissued those until their sales began to slow. They could still keep launching new colours.
  • They should just do pre orders tbh and then do a production run to suit imho. That way everyone who wants a shoe gets a shoe, no one gets fucking scalped and Nike don't have any wasted sick from overproduction.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Aye, that'd do. They'd make less money, but long-term I wonder how long they can keep on pissing off punters without penalty.

One of my favourite colourways as a kid wasn't a trainer but this guy:

msLKIOi.jpeg

So had there been a Hondo I might be joining in.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I recall huaraches in similar colourway

But also Hondo McLean, for another nostalgia kick

That catalogue is brilliant, I used to love picking up the retail catalogues from Top Trainers and SJ Sports when I was younger, and fawning over about seven pairs knowing I could only get one and that would be two seasons after they came out
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Escape wrote:
    Besides overpricing, what's wrong with just buying available Nikes? If you happen to really like a pair of their limiteds I understand, but it seems like a lot of people chase them exclusively. I understand that too, I guess, but maybe there'll come a time when engaging with Nike's shittery becomes uncool?

Aye nostalgia plays a heavy part for me in picking up these OG reissues. I've unwittingly verged into collector territory over the last 18 months and have given up resisting and just buy what I feel, within reason and budget. Finding out the value of my Dunkles has justified my purchasing. I wasn't able to buy willy nilly in my youth so the AM90 radiants passed me by and the subsequent reissues didn't perk my interest until this year. Infrared 90s, neon 95s, etc. are all iconic shoes that need to be at the heart of any collection. A lot of Nike, Adidas' output leaves me cold so it shines out to me more when these retro shoes are released. It's become Pokemon with shoes.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I had some Willy Nillys. Great shoes.
  • Footlocker (the link put me in a queue, and I don’t have the patience)

[url] http://tidd.ly/38phhft [/url]

tmKQJx5.jpg
  • Nice one Mark, joined queue. I was looking at these as a possible new year buy but that price brings them forward.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Do they have size 12?
  • Very nice! The last issue had a black tongue, and they grey bits were suede, so the new ones are quite a bit different. Excuse the dust. I've worn the fuck out of these over the years, and they were just lying around in the spare room, unloved. Promise I'll throw them in the washing machine chaps.
    o0AGtob.jpg
  • Do they have size 12?

Still in the queue. I'll let you know if I can get in.
  • g.man wrote:
    Very nice! The last issue had a black tongue, and they grey bits were suede, so the new ones are quite a bit different. Excuse the dust. I've worn the fuck out of these over the years, and they were just lying around in the spare room, unloved. Promise I'll throw them in the washing machine chaps. o0AGtob.jpg

Aye these aren't as bob on as yours, G, would prefer the suede rather than the wolf grey leather. I'll take em at eighty quid tho.
  • Absolutely mate. That price is a no-brainer. Think mine were about £120 or so, and that was five years ago.
  • Did you get a pair Webbins? (Fingers crossed)
  • Webbins wrote:
    Do they have size 12?
    Still in the queue. I'll let you know if I can get in.

Sorry Goobs, 12s gone or they never had. 6-11 all in stock by the looks of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!