Lord_Griff wrote:
    10.5/11

This is me
    Pistols at dawn.

Bring your DS
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • He's not feeling very well.
  • I wonder who he would want to own him from this forum
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    12 come at me bro

No need, they never have any in your (or my) size.
  • Nike By You Dunk ordering is of course an absolute shitshow, siiiiiiiiigh

Can we have the late 00s when no one gave a fuck about this shoe back again please.
  • Agree x100, especially as half the people going nuts for the dunks are people who only buy the J1 hi tops because they think the mid and the low look shit.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • How can a custom made shoe sell out exactly, is what I'd like to know in this instance.
    People's wack colourways already going for double the RRP on eBay etc, cool party.
  • It's stupid, I still don't understand why they don't allow pre-orders on stuff? They announce some shoes a fucking year in advance, just let people order it and then make them.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • It's be some bullshit freakonomics story about nylon futures or something equally opaque. Misallocation to meet demand, and no incentive to actually up it since, welp!
  • Yeah, I'm really not a big fan of the "hype" they seem to cling to drive interest in stuff through scarcity.

Why not just let as many people who want to order your most banging pairs of shoes?

Edit: Especially as previously the "hype" ended up eventually causing that riot over the pigeon dunks in 2006 when Nike pushed it too far.
  • Most probably third world child labour controls coming into play, that or the Chinese Muslims are on strike.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Most probably third world child labour controls coming into play, that or the Chinese Muslims are on strike.

I'm not sure they have much choice.
  • Everyone is compelled to work for everyone over there I suppose.
  • Hi tops are a status symbol for non chunky feet and or the comfort in society that you can spend half an hour in the morning to put on a shoe.
  • Is this an attempt at "You criticise society and yet you partake in it."? If it is, please take that to the correct thread in case anyone in here is offended by where products in the world are made.

If not, the trainers in question are routinely produced in extremely limited quantities as Nike have decided that is the method they want to pursue to get maximum attention and drive sales. Nike are more than capable of producing way more of the limited models than they currently do with their low paid Chinese workforce.

Edit: I'm talking to Griff, not Crayon.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Anyone used StockX to buy sneakers? All seems legit and the Jordan Space Hippies seem to be going at a decent price right now so tempted to bite.
  • Not to buy but to get a view on value. I'd dabbled briefly before but was enthused when Rouj pointed me in its direction for the value of my Dunkles.

I had a message from Sevenstore today to say I was unsuccessful in the AM95 Neon raffle which I'm a little gutted about. Bit of a messy release, raffles from third parties all over the shop, still no Nike.com or SNKRS release which is well odd, yet other 95 variations are being pushed out. Otherwise a decent week, the Wheat Mocha AF1s landed from SNS in Sweden courtesy of UPS and they are beautiful.

Also started following Wear Testers on YT for some sneakerhead goodness.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Cosby wrote:
    Anyone used StockX to buy sneakers? All seems legit and the Jordan Space Hippies seem to be going at a decent price right now so tempted to bite.

They're probably fine for most of the normal stuff on there, like the craters, but there have been cases where they've failed to spot fakes on some of the more high profile kicks out there, doubt that will affect the craters though as they aren't desirable enough to warrant faking.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Also started following Wear Testers on YT for some sneakerhead goodness.

I really like Wear Testers, they're much better than a lot of the channels who are just like ooh look at this shoe I got, I'm taking it out of the box, I think it looks good.

Seth Fowler and BullittRC are okay for release schedule stuff but otherwise not really interested in anything else that have.

I used to watch Foamer Simpson, but the channel really went to shit in the last 18 months unfortunately.
  • Weartesters are sound for actual reviews of performance footwear.
  • 3itvFtD.jpg

I want the Kiryu AF1's. I want them bad.

If folks in here who are more tuned into release schedules please let me know when you see concrete info, many thanks.
  • They are niiice.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yea they’re pretty
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • So I moved on from the disappointment of missing out on the 95 Neons pretty swiftly. I'll keep an eye out still, hopefully they will appear at Nike/SNKRS, still scratching my head as to why they aren't offering out their own shoe.

Grabbed these Adidas Consortium Tokio Solar Hu Pharrell collabs. Priced high everywhere except Offspring, beautiful aesthetics, amazing colourway.

4110867407_sd1.jpg?$highres$
    4110867407_dt1.jpg?$highres$

4110867407_dt3.jpg?$highres$
  • Switch out that lime for a more staunch shade and I'm with you. Very nice.

Got codes for Adidas just now via work but can't find anything that grabs me so far. I love the boost stuff in the sole of my NMD's so would like more of that.
  • Superstar_Boots_Black_FZ2641_01_standard.jpg
    These Superstar Boots are currently calling out to me.
  • ZX_2K_Boost_Shoes_Black_FV9999_01_standard.jpg
    In the right colourway, some of the ZX 2K Boosts look pretty fly. Plenny of colours to choose from.
  • I really like the Tokio Hu's Webbo, I would go for a pair, alas too much for me, will be a great summer shoe. 

Superstar boot is okay, I'm not super into it, I would have preferred if it retained more of the superstar than just the toe, but it's clean. Solid winter shoe. 

100% agree on the zx boosts, I haven't really seen a colour I like on them yet but they have potential, although for me the nite jogger has a smiliar look which I slightly prefer over the 2k.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!