Kicks, Sneaks and Foot Furnishings
  • I may regret it, as there’s rumours of Air Max 90 Infrareds and Air Jordan 4 OG due for release later this year.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Roujin wrote:
    Not yet, I know a couple of pairs have shown up on End as well as Offspring and other places, but usually it's the the low tops and I'm only really interested in the high top for this release.

A Cconverse "Crater" is supposedly dropping on the 23rd though on Converse website so will check that out, although I think the cushioning setup is slightly different, but it's probably the best shot you have at getting a pair if the space hippie thing interests you, initially the trainer crowd were shitting on the J's because OMG LITERALLY MADE OF TRASH, but they are fucking hypebeasts and will of course change their tune come launch day as it's still a Jordan 1, the little shits. 

Anyway, here are the chucks! They look aight imo. 

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F07%2Fconverse-chuck-taylor-all-star-crater-official-release-date-info-1.jpg?q=90&w=1400&cbr=1&fit=max

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F07%2Fconverse-chuck-taylor-all-star-crater-official-release-date-info-2.jpg?q=90&w=1400&cbr=1&fit=max

These have disappeared off the website today. What time would they normally launch?
  • Hmmm...i had a look at the Drop Date website which normally have stockists links and time of release. They have nothing other than out today (23rd July).

Normally most trainers are 10am release.

The google link for the Craters redirects you to front page of converse site
  • I think these fuckers launched at 9. They weren't there at 8, even though they were there last night. Had a go at trying to grab a pair, got a pair of the black ones into the basket and by the time I was at the checkout they were gone lol. 

100% one of the worst communicated launches I can remember. Because there was no communication.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • They don't launch in the US until 15:00 GMT today, because whoever manages the US website is actually doing their job, so if anyone is desperate, that's your best bet outside of paying resale or waiting to see if they do another run of these in the future.

https://www.converse.com/shop/p/chuck-taylor-all-star-crater-unisex-high-top-shoe/168600MP.html?q=crater
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • StockX prices for these are nuts. £250+. I would have thought End, Hanon, Size, Footasylum etc would have some stock but nothing on their sites. Agree with roujin, badly communicated launch.

Black crater in stock on in 9.5 size on converse site
  • I think the converse site is lagging on the stock levels, when you get to the payment it tells you that there is 0 stock for the size you have. 

They were only released on Converse website I think, I don't think other retailers have any stock, the production run was probably quite small, maybe smaller than the space hippie run but I don't think any figures have been released. 

It's a bit frustrating tbh for what was quite a big release item to have no website support at all on Converse's UK site, I'm pretty sure you could only get to the page selling it when it went live by searching for them, there weren't any articles or links on the website in the upcoming releases or what's new sections. 

I get that they were gonna sell out anyway, but still, way to make it even harder for people to buy something.
  • Yeah, it’s a fucker all right but like you mentioned the other day about the space hippies, you kinda just have to presume you aren’t gonna be successful with this limited run stuff and then if you are then it’s a massive lotto win type surprise?
  • Yeah best way to approach it definitely. If anyone wants to enter another lottery, I suggest getting up tomorrow for the Grateful Dead SB Dunks on nike. Resale will be bananas but a quick check on snkrs and the pair that were releasing there no longer shows up on the launch calender for tomorrow. Weird.
  • The Grateful Dead SBs are being done by raffle, you got about 6 minutes left to enter, worth it imo, even if you don't want them you can either hold onto them or resell them when they come in, I expect they'll be going for at least double the normal price after release. 

https://www.nike.com/gb/launch/t/sb-dunk-low-pro-grateful-dead-opti-yellow
  • I mean, the price atm is very silly, but the shoe isn't actually out yet. 

https://stockx.com/nike-sb-dunk-low-grateful-dead-bears-yellow
  • Hahaha no fancy dunks for ya boi. At least it was via raffle this time.
  • Emergency shout out to Rouj and Dino but I’ve just had an email off of Converse about the Craters and I’ve gone and bagged me a pair in the mid grey colour. All seem to be available r/n.
  • Cheers will look now
  • Dang, just catching up now! Can't believe they did a restock that quick! Gutted though as only smaller sizes left now. Grats though Uncle, post a pic of them when they arrive, I'm really curious to see what they're like in the flesh!
  • If I’d known yer size I would have bought you some there and then.  Sorry man..
  • Starting to see more and more 2090s getting reduced which is a Good Thing cos I want a pair.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Wouldn't have minded a pair of those Converse either, but US website has been out of stock every time I peeked. I need some new shoes.

I've messaged my cousin, who works at Nike, to sort this out.

I'm pretty annoyed that something that's 40% recycled is this hard to get, feels like it should be something that should be available more easily than non recycled shoes
  • Speaking of silly raffle shit:

off-white-air-jordan-4-sail-release-date-cv9388-100-pair

But for the dumb "AIR" nonsense I'd have made an effort for these. Good colours, good shoe.
  • Yeah those are the nicest Off-Whites since the original ten imo. Wasn't a big fan of all the mental waffle stuff and crazy laced dunks and neon AF1s that have come out since. I don't mind the "Air" so much, but it is weird that it's the only place that labelling is being done, I think they could something interesting with some tonal colours on the laces and I still can't believe the traction pattern on the sole doesn't have anything stamped into them still.

Nina wrote:
    Wouldn't have minded a pair of those Converse either, but US website has been out of stock every time I peeked. I need some new shoes. I've messaged my cousin, who works at Nike, to sort this out. I'm pretty annoyed that something that's 40% recycled is this hard to get, feels like it should be something that should be available more easily than non recycled shoes

Nina I think the plan is for these to become more available over time as Nike improves its material collection and waste processing. In the meantime, there is stuff like the Parley versions of Adidas trainers which use recycled ocean plastic in the construction of the uppers if you want something that's a bit friendlier (huge caveat I'm not sure it's been proven) than just straight up all new materials.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    there is stuff like the Parley versions of Adidas trainers which use recycled ocean plastic in the construction of the uppers if you want something that's a bit friendlier (huge caveat I'm not sure it's been proven) than just straight up all new materials.
    tbh, even if it just makes more people aware of recycling and how important it is, they're doing the job imo. My roommate didn't even know you shouldn't put batteries in the trash.

Good to know they might become more regular. I actually was considering getting Chuck's again, so I'll wait for that. The Parleys were some I was gonna get for B next, they look better than the Nike he currently has.

Might just get some superstars again.
  • I know these’ll be divisive, but I love purple, and man they are PURPLE! I wish the Jumpman on the heal was teal rather than black, or even better had Nike Air though...

Dbz2mea.jpg
  • Winter time called for new slippies. From the recommendation of my sister who has bad circulation and so cold feet I've gotten a pair of Glerup slip-ons. Dark rubber soul though. Very comfy and warm without overheating. Expensive but worth it.

glerups-felt-rubber-sole-mule-charcoal.jpg
  • They look great for the cold footed amongst us.  Will buy if poss.
  • They're from the EU so you should find it easier to get a pair than I did.
  • Nina wrote:
    Might just get some superstars again.

Good news! As if by magic, 70% recycled Stan Smiths and Superstars are released as part of Adidas' Clean Classics collection!

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F07%2Fadidas-stan-smith-superstar-clean-classics-collection-release-002.jpg?q=90&w=1400&cbr=1&fit=max

Bad news - they are only available from Atmos in Japan right now, ffs.

https://www.atmos-tokyo.com/items/fw2292
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I know these’ll be divisive, but I love purple, and man they are PURPLE! I wish the Jumpman on the heal was teal rather than black, or even better had Nike Air though... Dbz2mea.jpg

I like them, but I doubt I'd ever wear them and looking after suede is a ballache. Nice catch, enjoy
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I’ve just had a pretty legit looking email from Nike telling me that they went and fucked stuff up at the first Space Hippie launch and there’s a pair on their way to me. I’m pretty certain it isn’t any scam because it’s not asking for anything off me, I have that picture at the bottom of the email saying you got em and they knew the size I tried to order and well, let’s just see if they rock up shall we? Excited.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I know these’ll be divisive, but I love purple, and man they are PURPLE! I wish the Jumpman on the heal was teal rather than black, or even better had Nike Air though... Dbz2mea.jpg

I like them, but I doubt I'd ever wear them and looking after suede is a ballache. Nice catch, enjoy

Im going to be terrified to wear them outside, in case some clown treads on my foot or it starts raining, lol.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!