Kicks, Sneaks and Foot Furnishings
  • Aye chalfonts creps won't be bursting into are sole collection.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Hey dudes. More space hippies are being released tomorrow morning at 08:00, if you really wanted a pair last time round, here's your second chance.

https://www.nike.com/gb/launch?s=upcoming
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Space hippy volt 03 are nice
  • Yeah, the 3 is my fave of the bunch, gonna have a go and see if I can win the lottery. Otherwise will try for the Jordan 1 version that's coming later this year as J's are uncomfortable AF normally but this version actually has a modern sole in it so will not cause mass destruction on my feetsies if I walk around in it all day.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Pair of quite lovely white shoes on their way, don't think I'll partake but would like to

15-07-20_FV3014_3_1.jpg

nike-air-force-1-07-craft---white-_-vast-grey---_cn2873-101_3.jpg
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Wearing my custom nikes out just now in glesga. Para as fuck.
  • They fly tho (added B&B tattoo points hello)

JbLmq3X.jpg
  • ma boi!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Noice
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Nice creps Cocko & Gav. 

Was up for the second round of space hippie stuff this morning. Got the 3s through the payment process but then didn't get "picked" for lack of a better word. Hey ho, will have a go at the J's whenever they release.
  • I got the twos through the payment process and then a big nope. Nnngggg.
  • Unlucky guys. It is annoying that alot of people who are successful will just put them on ebay.

I see the space hippes are for sale already on stockx.com
  • Yeah I mean generally it's a long shot anyway for anything limited through the nike site, you can be johnny on the spot, setup payment and delivery preferences and get from shoe being available to purchased in a few seconds, but I'm pretty sure a few seconds compared to a bot making the purchase as soon as the site goes live might as well be an entire lifetime away. 

Really hope Nike just start raffling all their shoes that aren't general release or doing pre-orders at some point. Otherwise my only advice to people is if you see trainers you like, work on the assumption you probably aren't getting them unless you want to pay resale.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Have y tried the decent indies, End, Hanon, SNS, hell even size? I think JD were getting some of the Sapce Hippies in no idea whih silhouetets
  • Not yet, I know a couple of pairs have shown up on End as well as Offspring and other places, but usually it's the the low tops and I'm only really interested in the high top for this release.

A Cconverse "Crater" is supposedly dropping on the 23rd though on Converse website so will check that out, although I think the cushioning setup is slightly different, but it's probably the best shot you have at getting a pair if the space hippie thing interests you, initially the trainer crowd were shitting on the J's because OMG LITERALLY MADE OF TRASH, but they are fucking hypebeasts and will of course change their tune come launch day as it's still a Jordan 1, the little shits. 

Anyway, here are the chucks! They look aight imo. 

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F07%2Fconverse-chuck-taylor-all-star-crater-official-release-date-info-1.jpg?q=90&w=1400&cbr=1&fit=max

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F07%2Fconverse-chuck-taylor-all-star-crater-official-release-date-info-2.jpg?q=90&w=1400&cbr=1&fit=max
  • Want the black ones. Nice
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'm not super interested in the space hippie schtick really, all their footie shirts have been made out of it for years already, plus adidas have parley. I've worked on regrinders when blowing plastics in the past. As for the hypebeast twats, can't believe so many kids so deeply in love with J1s surely it's 3-6 and then a few curiosities. This cons do look pretty good though, and a speckled midsole is often fun
  • Only J1's worth bothering with imo are the ones with the zoom units in the sole, I think they might have done a react sole J1 as well? But otherwise, those shits are just bricks, I can't believe Nike don't seems to want to use their newer foams on their retro models.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Of course they do but why iterate when they can already sell out. Plus they have loads of (like really really) shite Jordan "brand" shoes that they can lower the price on and flog without managing to dilute it at all. All things are cyclical, and maybe they're scared of a similar REACTion to when they did lunarlon AF1 (or even the new REACT one), which is a bit weird because they were happy enough to add lunarlon and invisible support to the Chucks, so they could do it invisibly, which they didn;t do with either on those AF1s
  • I have a pair of the AF1 ultras that have the lunarlon sole and they are so light and comfy, it's crazy that they limit their materials in the way they do. They could still sell all their retros with the OG soles/tech it just seems crazy to me that their new releases of their old models only ever get material updates as part of once in a blue moon releases. 

Chucks are another great example, yeah. They sell both versions of the shoe, can't remember which one is which but there's the Chuck 70 which I think is the old style, and the Chuck II which is the version with the lunarlon midsole and extra padding!
  • Welp, as I am wont to do during these times, I was perusing the websites and Puma are doing up to 50% off with another 20% off on their site at the minute. Have been looking at the odd Puma shoes here and there, the original Thunder Spectra was cool, the updated Clydes with the weird boost-esque sole were nice, and I saw these the first time round but they sold out at the time and I wasn't particularly fussed at full price. But for just about half price, I now have these rather nice Puma x Helly Hanson LQD Cells heading my way. So yeah, Puma got some nice stuff on sale atm if you're interested. 

PUMA-x-HELLY-HANSEN-LQDCELL-Trainers

This does now mean that the space hippie chucks are off the cards for later this week, thanks again to lockdown for getting a part time sneakerman some bargains during these trying times, even if there's nowhere to wear them haha.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Helly Puma crossover, certainly didn;t see it coming but good looking shoe, not on my list for all the reasons I've said a milliom times, just scroll up, but can see why folk would, crack on fella, maybe one day I'll stop hating on hooj soles

edit: I love the thicc flyknit eyelet holders though, nice touch
  • Yeah it was a pretty good collab, I think it's the second time they've done it, so might be more in the future, some of the jackets and other bits and pieces that came out of it were pretty decent as well. These Ralph Samsons are pretty nice I recko, understated for the most part, alas only small sizes left. 

PUMA-x-HELLY-HANSEN-Ralph-Sampson-Trainers
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That's a lot closer to what I'd wear, so if they flew out I feel like I'm not ancient and might still be slightly relevant
  • Luckily the shoes that a lot of people are clamouring to buy these days are older than a good chunk of the people trying to buy them. I shall go to my grave in comfy fresh creps and black hoodies.
  • One for the 'bok boys. Clam chowder Interval 96's coming your way from Billys Tokyo and Reebok, import only tho. Soz. 

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F07%2Fbillys-tokyo-reebok-interval-96-clam-chowder-fy7631-release-info-2.jpg?q=90&w=1400&cbr=1&fit=max
  • Does anyone on here like the recently released Air Jordan 5 Alternate Grape?
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • No. I don't like the all over purple, doesn't work for me. I'm not generally a big fan of a lot of "reverse" colours though, usually because the initial colour blocking worked so well because the main and accent colours were well proportioned, reversing the two frequently just seems to result in trainers that are just really bright with hard to pick out detailing.

The reverse Nike SB skunks that came out this year for 4/20 had the same issue for me, the all over purple with green accents just looked weird.

PSA - The UK converse site is now listing the space hippie craters, so looks like they're deffo coming tomorrow morning for people who are interested, I believe it will be an 8AM release, but it's via the converse website, not directly on nike.
  • Oh.... I just won a pair on eBay ;)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Hahaha, hey horses for courses mate. If you like 'em wear 'em! I'm hardly a yardstick for taste, as the extremely bright pink pair of NMDs and yellow/purple gradient Nike Scokracers in my wardrobe can attest!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!