Kicks, Sneaks and Foot Furnishings
  • I would totally rock those. FUCKING RAFFLES
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I don't see why Nike et al can't start doing pre-orders for their fucking shoes, they'd make more money, just let people pre-order, then make that number of shoes you fucks.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Right?! This raffles think fucks me off
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • This fucking "hype" quest they're on is dumb, people would still be hyped for whatever shoe they like regardless of the quantity, the only people negatively affected are fucking resellers, and fuck those guys in the first place.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Fulfilling demand would kill the collectible market, which is extra shoes sitting in boxes in cupboards that they wouldn't sell otherwise.
  • But trainer companies don't make any money off those. The only time they make money is when a particular popular shoe from the past is re-released at some point in the future. But they could do that anyway with the pre-order system. 

There would be as many trainers collected using the pre-order system as there are now, the only difference is that anyone who wanted a shoe would be able to get one. The only thing that would happen is the value of trainers released after the pre-order system comes in would go down. The old shoes from before this will still hold their value. 

But i gotta be honest, fuck anyone if their retirement plan is hoarding old creps. Let the people who want to collect have access to the trainers they want to collect without having to pay resell because the quantities being released are so tiny in comparison to the numbers entering the raffles.
  • Remember when you just needed some shoes so you bought some shoes, whatever ones you liked that were in the shop, then you put the shoes on, mooched about until they got worn out and then you bought some more shoes.

Those were the days.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Remember when you just needed some shoes so you bought some shoes, whatever ones you liked that were in the shop, then you put the shoes on, mooched about, somehow trod in dogshit even though you were being really careful. until they got worn out and then you bought some more shoes.

Those were the days.

• Those are the days.
  • Well, I mean, we at least aren't rioting over them like in 2005 anymore. 

I think the days of being able to buy a shoe that you like from the shop are still here. 

This is an issue that's arising from streetwear becoming more popular with the rise of the internet and social media and shoe companies just ignoring what their customers have been begging them to do for years which is to stop all these super limited BS releases. They make 20 different colourways of every general release shoe when they could make more of the colours/styles that people want and less of all the shit that ends up in the outlets.

Limited runs and collabs are announced/teased up to a year or more in advance in some cases, there is ample opportunity for companies to get their shit together and satisfy demand, but they dont, because they love all the publicity they get from people queuing round blocks. Unfortunately their dumb ass approach is getting people hurt when there is no need for it. 

Fuck only knows where all the trainers in those outlets end up, I dread to think.
  • Yeah the relationship between the corps and the aftermarkets is summat I don't quite fathom at this point. I suppose the idea, as you suggest, is "oh the aftermarket effectively does our product hype for us now so let's not undermine it" but that's leaving measurably hefty amounts of loot on the table they could be taking instead. Idgi. I'm not convinced an actual cost/benefit analysis has been done chez Nike etc.

Fortunately, the lion's share of hype collabs these days are absolute pish.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    We do super to have reached some level of peak twattery, but is it the manufacturer, is it the market, is it the wannabe dealer?? Everyone has to take some responsibility. Those tiedye Jordans for example, they are clearly dividing opinion, so I totally get why they'd be a shorter run, so the retailer had takes not to build hype but to prevent disappointment. I've no doubt that these will be easy to find after launch, but on the offchance there's a rush it's no surprise retailers with limited stock want to manage expectations a bit

What is hype-worthy, what is a short run, what is truly ltd?
    These are the big questions for me, and we recently see "hype" built around almost any shoe because stockx has set prices accordingly. Anything released in 3 figures or less is a ltd release, and maybe these would deserve hype with if we knew that they would not get re-retroed a few years later again. Short runs can be anything up to say 30k pairs worldwide, and unless these are serious fire you should be able to find them if you don't snooze. Everything else is just flapping gums

The thing about reissuing colourways and "earnt" hype. I'm torn here, I missed DQM Dunk SBs first time round, and admired the shoe. When the reissue came out last year it was a tribute, not a remake, and I've no idea if DQM got paid again, or if Nike was throwing the a reward based in "exposure". I'm massively surprised when I see any colourway that isn't a crossover get any hype, because why, there's nothing inherently more special than any other colour way (MAGs, BREDs, Infras, and OGs being amongst the exceptions). Yet a few thousand thumbs up and searches on Stockx inflates demand which then leads to people holding rather than dropping, which creates a scarcity premium

Wow wall of text, anyway, erm modern kicks are rubbish, but modern cucks keep buying them
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • They must have enough data to ensure basically year-round supply of famous models/colours is a goer - various Jordans in OGs, for instance, never don't shift at this point. Do like Doc Martens, where you have regular and higher quality versions of the classics.
  • I'm just mad because I'll never get a pair of bacons.
  • Talking of limited runs no one will get. Nike are currently doing a space hippie range of shoes this year that are made using recycled materials and stuff, anyway, they aren't even out yet and dickheads on StockX are asking for $500-1000 for a pair. So now of course here comes a Jordan 1, but the Zoom Jordan 1 using the same stuff and it look gud and no one will be able to get a pair again lmao. 

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F06%2Fair-jordan-1-high-zoom-space-hippie-first-look-000.jpg?w=1200&cbr=1&q=90&fit=max
    My only hope (as someone with no pairs of 1s but would quite like to get a pair that I like, like these one day) is that all the morons hate the recycled materials because "ITS NOT A PROPER JORDAN ITS LITERALLY MADE OF TRAAAAASH"
  • Full disclosure, here is the Space Hippie range. I like the all grey lad and the high top, but not $500-1000 resale like them. smdh. 

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F02%2Fnike-space-hippie-collection-release-date-info-1.jpg?q=90&w=1400&cbr=1&fit=max
  • sz_355180_b?qlt=92&w=750&h=842&v=1&fmt=webp
    Trust me to go browsing on a slow work day. Saw these Spirit of the Games '84 resissues on Size?, not something you see everyday so in the crepollection they go.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • V.tidy v. on brand for Webbo.

• Space hippy sold out too quick for me.
  • Roujin wrote:
    V.tidy v. on brand for Webbo.

Oh aye right up my adistraße.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Space hippy sold out too quick for me.

Me too and I was there pre 8am.  No way it’s not bots hoovering that shit up.  Adidas seem to offer a fairer system with slightly more chance.

Never wanted a pair of shoes more than I did the SH’s too.  Totes my bag.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    It's to all intents and purposes a zixer Webs, but the lack of stripes (yeah I see the dinky ones on the inside) makes me feel funny. Nice shoe, nice story, just not really for me
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I don't know no zixer. I'm from the north you'll have to type more slowly.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    zixer, adidas zx series shoe, which I adore, I should type slower I missed a few words out there. Was sayng that as a zixer it's a win, and (I think) I've seen you post a few before
  • Ahh of course I'm with you now. Aye I've a few ZX :D

Yeah, there's some ZX/Forest Grove vibes going on. They remind me of a pair of trainers your nan would get you from the market even though you'd been coveting the FGs down the JD. I love their naffness.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Stupid Nans always buying the wrong shit.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Space hippy sold out too quick for me.
    Me too and I was there pre 8am.  No way it’s not bots hoovering that shit up.  Adidas seem to offer a fairer system with slightly more chance. Never wanted a pair of shoes more than I did the SH’s too.  Totes my bag.

Same. 

I don't really care too much about getting most new stuff, but these were a really cool concept. Next chance is the Jordan 1 version, which all the jordan heads appear to hate, so maybe there's a chance there. Not sure when it's dropping though.
  • Oooh the Jordan 1 Space Hippie is out on Auguest 12th. Best of luck anyone trying to pick it up.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I knew lurking in this thread would payoff. Those Jordan SH are beauts!

Slim to no chance of getting a pair I guess but will be there to try.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Being as there is a few of us we could always enter all raffles on each others behalf, obviously based on the premise that shoes are to be worn not sold on

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!