Kicks, Sneaks and Foot Furnishings
  • Well, even though Corona no good for going anywhere, all the trainers are on sale. Reebok have got like 30% off loads, then you can add another 25% off a load of the sale stuff as well so I basically finally got some Pump Fury Boosts for half price, in the original ultraboost 1.0 colour. I look forward to taking that band off, the pump breaking shortly after purchase, and putting the band back on because the pump stopped working. At least I finally have some fucking furys that have actual cushioning so I can wear them without destroying my feet now. 

InstaPump_Fury_Boost_Shoes_Black_FW5307_03_standard.jpg
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Very nice, really didn't expect them to stick around at all
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Very nice rouj!

Hovering over the grey flyknit AF1's but I have Boat Feet fear as they'd be my first ones. Rather chunky boys.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Low or Highs, I had some lows that (I thought) looked huge on me, but also they were RED, so that may have been not helping. Mids and Highs feel a lot more natural, but then also none since have been RED either
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • These ones
    YlQV5ZB.jpg

I really shouldn't but I think they're so nice
  • Roujin wrote:
    Well, even though Corona no good for going anywhere, all the trainers are on sale. Reebok have got like 30% off loads, then you can add another 25% off a load of the sale stuff as well so I basically finally got some Pump Fury Boosts for half price, in the original ultraboost 1.0 colour. I look forward to taking that band off, the pump breaking shortly after purchase, and putting the band back on because the pump stopped working. At least I finally have some fucking furys that have actual cushioning so I can wear them without destroying my feet now. 

How much were they??

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • mk64 wrote:
    Well, even though Corona no good for going anywhere, all the trainers are on sale. Reebok have got like 30% off loads, then you can add another 25% off a load of the sale stuff as well so I basically finally got some Pump Fury Boosts for half price, in the original ultraboost 1.0 colour. I look forward to taking that band off, the pump breaking shortly after purchase, and putting the band back on because the pump stopped working. At least I finally have some fucking furys that have actual cushioning so I can wear them without destroying my feet now.  InstaPump_Fury_Boost_Shoes_Black_FW5307_03_standard.jpg
    How much were they??
    £83 with the extra 25% off.  https://www.reebok.co.uk/instapump-fury-boost-shoes/FW5307.html?forceSelSize=10
    cockbeard wrote:
    Very nice, really didn't expect them to stick around at all
    Yeah the original run sold out I think Reebok restocked this and the yellows and most people who wanted them already had them in the first run so now they're sitting. 

There are other nice colours, damn you all black with white midsole and gum bottoms that are at End but not on sale!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • These ones YlQV5ZB.jpg I really shouldn't but I think they're so nice

Those are noice. Cherry Pez of old maroonrum had some flyknit AF1s and he said they were comfy AF to wear.
  • Not sneakers, but I used Nike’s 25% off to buy this jacket.

m8DlhG8.png
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I might have to get some of those Nikes.
  • As a heads up to prospective purchasers, hold your purchases if you can, the longer the lockdown goes on, the better the deals are going to get. Adidas are super down on their profit forcasts and so far have ramped up their sale stuff from 20, to 30 to 40% now in some cases. If you don't have your heart set on a particular model, then there are future bargains likely to come your way. 

I nearly pulled the trigger on the Fury's a couple of weeks back when they dropped to £111. But when I saw they weren't flying off the shelves, decided to wait and see.
  • Not sneakers, but I used Nike’s 25% off to buy this jacket. m8DlhG8.png

This is nice. Super early 90s vibes.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Damn, I like that Mark, I been looking for some grape pieces. I did order a nice BB vest, but never got delivered

@gav, they look good to me, and given how the flyknit breaks up the shape by being different on each panel I guess that'll look less long if you're worried about the canoe thing
  • Yeah I think I'll be okay, I'm just being silly. Good points from rouj though, gonna wait it out for a couple weeks, see what happens. No rush.
  • Hahaha and just like that my nhs discount at JD has been increased to 30% off all items today only. And of course they have those AF1's but only 11.5, not my 12. Half a size.... I'd be okay with that yeah?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Mine fitted big, so you might be
  • Roujin wrote:
    Well, even though Corona no good for going anywhere, all the trainers are on sale. Reebok have got like 30% off loads, then you can add another 25% off a load of the sale stuff as well so I basically finally got some Pump Fury Boosts for half price, in the original ultraboost 1.0 colour. I look forward to taking that band off, the pump breaking shortly after purchase, and putting the band back on because the pump stopped working. At least I finally have some fucking furys that have actual cushioning so I can wear them without destroying my feet now. 

What Furys don't have cushioning?

• Hahaha and just like that my nhs discount at JD has been increased to 30% off all items today only. And of course they have those AF1's but only 11.5, not my 12. Half a size.... I'd be okay with that yeah?
    I really wouldn't recommend buying FlyKnit in anything other than the correct size tbh. You'll put a toe through them in no time.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm an 8.5 in Nike and a 9 in Adidas. So either Nike run a little small or Adi a little big. Make of that what you will.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I think I'm saying don't size down on a Nike.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The other way around there Webs. I had the same thing with  shoes running large. 10.5 feeling huge. If you wear an 8.5 in Nike and 9 in Adidas the Nike is bigger. But every shoe fits differently, and g's point about flyknit makes sense. I'm sure Rouj has mentioned similar with primeknit
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Roujin wrote:
    Well, even though Corona no good for going anywhere, all the trainers are on sale. Reebok have got like 30% off loads, then you can add another 25% off a load of the sale stuff as well so I basically finally got some Pump Fury Boosts for half price, in the original ultraboost 1.0 colour. I look forward to taking that band off, the pump breaking shortly after purchase, and putting the band back on because the pump stopped working. At least I finally have some fucking furys that have actual cushioning so I can wear them without destroying my feet now.  InstaPump_Fury_Boost_Shoes_Black_FW5307_03_standard.jpg
    What Furys don't have cushioning?

All of em mate. Unless you count the 10mmx10mm square of hexalite in the heel as a cushion. All the exposed hexalite in the sole isn't real, it's just a little patch of hexalite stuck there. Like Asics gel stuff, the outsole has that big chunks of the exposed gel, but they aren't shit, they don't go into the midsole or anything, just stuck into the sole to look like something while the foam does all the work. 

Fury's have no cushioning, except for the midsole, but the midsole in them is like a brick, there is zero give, it's fucking shit to walk around on for any length of time. Source, me with my current pair and all the other people on the internet with bricks for shoes. 

It may well be the case that the original model had more cushioning in, but the ones I have from ~2015/16 are are some of the most uncomfortable trainers I've ever worn.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    The other way around there Webs. I had the same thing with  shoes running large. 10.5 feeling huge. If you wear an 8.5 in Nike and 9 in Adidas the Nike is bigger. But every shoe fits differently, and g's point about flyknit makes sense. I'm sure Rouj has mentioned similar with primeknit

Aye it tends to run differently with each shoe for both Nike and Adi, I've just found it as a general rule, might be my freaky monkey toes!

In the Nike shoes I have, I'm an 8.5 in AF1s, Court Royales, AM90s, Mach Runners, Blazer Lows. I have 9s in AM1s, Internationalist and Tailwind 79s that really could be 8.5s. My Cortez are the only 9s I have in Nike that are spot on fit.

All my Adidas are 9s, but the fitting is snugger on the Gazelles over the ZX 750s. My latest adds, Marathon Tech and Nite Joggers, are spot on 9s.
  • Ended up not getting them cos the app I get the discount code from was crashing all last night. Yas.

Will end up with the 12s in the end.
  • Foot Locker doing 25% off all Adidas including sale using ADIDAS25, gentlemen. Got some NMD bad boys for £40
  • Damn, Adidas are fully shook.
  • Might buy some more Adi then. Don't want them to go under.
  • The Pump Fury Boosts are here, first impressions, lol Adidas idk what you are doing. 

The packaging on these is great, the box is like half boost stripes half reebok plain blue, the tissue paper is all printed up with sketches and stuff, the ilttle pump hang tag you get has the pump basketball logo on one side and the other side is textured up like boost with the boost logo on it. All great touches.

Super comfy, all problems with the og fury are gone, with the exception of the pump unit itself, time will tell, at least the little detachable band they added around the middle of the show will stop them being too loose if the pump craps out on you. Hello amazing summer creps ready for when lockdown ends. 

I can't believe that considering how popular the fury still is in some parts of the world that Adidas didn't make more noise about this shoe. Adidas should do this with other Reebok shoes since they own them. Can we get some Classics or Workouts with boost in them pls?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yay, glad they're sweet

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!