When does this revival take place ? I keep dying

It's a tough game, especially later on.
    About revivals..
    Spoiler:

I just hit the credits.
    Game of the year!

I’m currently on my way to
    Spoiler:
    . How much longer would you say I have in terms of mainline game? My last trip was to
    Spoiler:
  • Syph79 wrote:
    digi wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    When does this revival take place ? I keep dying

It's a tough game, especially later on.
    About revivals..
    Spoiler:

I just hit the credits.
    Game of the year!

I’m currently on my way to
    Spoiler:
    . How much longer would you say I have in terms of mainline game? My last trip was to
    Spoiler:

Your not far off, I rinsed as much side stuff as I could.
  • That’s GoW 18 replayed as I couldn’t remember much from it. Glad I did as not only was there a lot to remember, but it’s still a 10/10. Ragnorok time.
  • I like the way I’m a big tank god man who sometimes gets killed by tiny little snake things whilst my computer son who isn’t a big god tank prances around being all invincible. There’s something I find oddly amusing about this massive slab of god who is meant to be almost indestructible getting revived by a little kid who survived the same amount of danger and can now make me better.

Haha, it's the companion problem. I think it's hilarious yet horribly frustrating that I can't drop from a wall. Kratos can survive falls from the sky but won't hop the last foot off a climb.

Also, not sure why Kratos let's Atreus go first through all the squeezes and climbs. Surely his head is the first to get whacked if there's an enemy on the other side.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That's why.
  • Did my first side quest. It's a bit more clear and easier to understand what's off the beaten track then the first game.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I much prefer the kid not getting killed to the alternative of me having to pick him up off the floor and dust him down after every battle.

The worst companion AI goes to TLOU tense stealth sections for Ellie completely ruining the atmosphere by running around like a headless chicken and bumping into clickers, who don't bother reacting. Immersion shattered
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I spent far too long on a mini boss out on the Ice Lake - felt like I was playing Elden Ring again. Along with the elation that goes from finally beating the fucker.
  • Yeah, TLOU was terrible for it. I'm stealthy fucking ninja and there's Ellie just nonchalantly out in the open. At least Atreus is helpful.
  • Ellie and Joel Leeroy made quite a team when I played TLOU. It's a wonder we made it through any checkpoints.
  • They seemed to have (more or less) fixed that stuff in the remake.  Saw it only once.
  • So only played an hour or so, but my initial impression after just finishing GoW 18 is more of the same. Can’t really see any difference in visual quality. Though some scenes like the house between realms seem to have an odd Vaseline sheen added to them which is awful. The menus are awful too, massive drop in quality there. Still the same great game, just some odd things that have been obvious after literally just completely the last.
  • Can’t I switch off the NPCs telling me exactly what to do?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Can’t I switch off the NPCs telling me exactly what to do?

Exactly, it’s pissing me right off.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    if(user_name == "hylian_elf"):
      auto_bell()

def auto_bell():
      npcs.explain_all()

• Verecocha wrote:
    So only played an hour or so, but my initial impression after just finishing GoW 18 is more of the same. Can’t really see any difference in visual quality. Though some scenes like the house between realms seem to have an odd Vaseline sheen added to them which is awful. The menus are awful too, massive drop in quality there. Still the same great game, just some odd things that have been obvious after literally just completely the last.

Wait until you get to the next area, looks stunning
  • Found a poem. Is it
    Spoiler:
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Found a poem. Is it
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • Ah, no. First one is
    Spoiler:
  • Started playing this late last week. I have adored every single God of War, especially the last but the opening to this felt ever so slightly flat if I'm honest. Maybe it was just too similar to the first and my hopes were too high?

However, I've progressed...the game has opened up...it has gone from good to excellent very quickly and I'm now struggling to turn it off!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    So only played an hour or so, but my initial impression after just finishing GoW 18 is more of the same. Can’t really see any difference in visual quality. Though some scenes like the house between realms seem to have an odd Vaseline sheen added to them which is awful. The menus are awful too, massive drop in quality there. Still the same great game, just some odd things that have been obvious after literally just completely the last.

Wait until you get to the next area, looks stunning

Svartalfheim is rather stunning. Though I’m expecting Aloy to appear any second!
  • Started playing this late last week. I have adored every single God of War, especially the last but the opening to this felt ever so slightly flat if I'm honest. Maybe it was just too similar to the first and my hopes were too high?

However, I've progressed...the game has opened up...it has gone from good to excellent very quickly and I'm now struggling to turn it off!

I’m getting bizarre deja vu
    The Forum Herald™
  • hylian_elf wrote:

I actually I think there’s an option for that in the settings somewhere. A.I or companion help level?
  • Verecocha wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:

I actually I think there’s an option for that in the settings somewhere. A.I or companion help level?

That option effects time sensitive puzzles. It does not alter NPC dialogue speed in any way.
  • I’ve just had been told you parts of the puzzle as soon as I get there - pissing me right off
  • I finished Ragnarok on Saturday evening. I'm not going to do anything as hyperbolic as calling it the game of the year, generation, or anything else (it would be fine if someone else wants to), but I do feel like it is something special, and should be experienced by as many fans of third-person action games as possible. This is spoiler free, for anyone interested in my thoughts.

I've grown up with Kratos. He was always a dick in pretty much every game, but I loved the setting, scope, and style of the games, with GoW3 being the highlight of the series for me. However, as I grew up, series hangovers - like the sex mini-games - made me increasingly cringe. It was a series that needed to grow up too, which I why I held the 2018 game in such high regard.

I've completed God of Ward 2018 on two occasions, once not long after release and once more recently, when it was bundled with the PS5 Plus Collection. I think it's superb way to bring new life to a character that everyone knew, but probably few loved (because there wasn't much to love about him). Turning him into a struggling single parent was a clever move, if not more so, than the change in mythology and perspective. I would 100% recommend the Raising Kratos documentary, which is on YouTube, for anyone interested in how and why the game was made.

Ragnarok is superb continuation and conclusion of the story started in 2018 and it is fundamentally a better game in terms of visuals, enemy variety, mechanics, etc - so if you enjoyed 2018's game, I would be very very surprised if this one doesn't tick all the same boxes for you, and more. It's not without its flaws, it's long and some of the later main 'paths' feel like they are they are only there to serve the story at the cost of the player's time. However, my overall impression is that SSM are at a level above most studios in terms of quality output, and they will no doubt receive all the plaudits they deserve for this game.
  • Lol @ sex minigame. Which one was that in?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!