God of War
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Lol @ sex minigame. Which one was that in?
    Maybe GoW3 on the PS3. Also maybe one of the PSP ones. Iirc, the camera pans away and then QTEs come on screen, eliciting various background moans.
  • I played the PS3 one. Don't remember Full Reactive Ejaculation Entertainment.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Lol @ sex minigame. Which one was that in?

All of them up to 2018, from memory. The camera obscured, you pressed circle to a rhythm and got a health boost.
  • The GoW games before the 2018 game were all trash.  I took a chance on 2018 one and glad I did.  It was good, just maybe not GotY material (let alone GoaT).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Trash?? Deary me.

The OG trilogy was fuckin class.
  • Trash is harsh, it was decent enough throwaway fun I guess.  I just didn't like the overall tone and also it was a bit too button mashey.
  • The first was great. But they used that same game as a template for (I think) 5 more and it was diminishing returns fairly quickly.
  • Trash?? Deary me. The OG trilogy was fuckin class.

Yup. The scale and scope got bigger with each game. The overall gameplay didn't change much, which did lead to Monkey's comment. However, I don't think it was much of an issue until playing the fourth mainline game, which is another prequel, and you got the sense the series lacked direction for the first time.
  • Is there a way of tracking side quests without pressing up on the d-pad when your interacting directly with them?

I was doing one side quest came across another part of another one and when I'd finished that the marker for the earlier one was gone. it's in the quest log but there doesn't seem to be a way of getting it back on the compass?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Find it on the map and press triangle on the marker?
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Find it on the map and press triangle on the marker?

On the story quests you can press square to find them.. I have to manually find them? Are they definitely on there? Thanks Elf.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I think that's how you do it.  I got the compass last night and started my first proper side quest (the 3 smith towers or whatever).  Icons were clogging my compass line so I went to the map, hovered over one of the blue icons and pressed trinagle to untrack the side quest.  Press triangle again to track it. etc
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice write up @Syph79 as someone who had never played the originals I had no baggage when I came to the 2018 game much later. I think I started it towards the end of the PS4 Pro and finished it on the PS5 after quite a long break.

It was definitely a game that initially, despite the amazing graphics, that I didn’t see what all ten fuss was about but after it clicks and the combat opens up it really is a great game.

And I agree that this surpasses it in lots of small ways. I had been trying to complete as much of each area as possible but realised, much like Metroid, there are quite a few bits off limits until you get certain kit, which is gained as part of the story.

So now I’m trying to play through the main story and side quests, with a view that I can always come back to mop up the challenges after.

Special mention goes to the voice actor playing Odin. Don’t know who he is but he’s definitely channeling some Alan Alda.
  • Richard Schiff is the voice Boris.
    I think they were all great.
  • I think a lot of the baddies sound like they’ve watched goodfellas too many times. Well delivered lines but spoken by the wrong people.
  • I think a lot of the baddies sound like they’ve watched goodfellas too many times. Well delivered lines but spoken by the wrong people.
    I award this the most best and badger post of the year
    The Forum Herald™
  • I’m not sure I’m gonna get through this. I’m just finding it too stilted and obvious. Those tropes about Uncharted and the rooms of waste high walls are here in abundance and I can’t see past it all but at least in ND games I get incredible performances or loads of charm. It certainly looks nice enough and the axe is still a wonderful tool but the design of the game is just a bit too sterile for me, everything just feels so choreographed that I can’t enjoy the game as much as I hoped I would. I’m also disliking the fighting more this time, there’s too many multicoloured markers, arrows and npc warnings showing me that I’m just about to get walloped by an off screen enemy that I had no idea was there. This happens exactly as I’m just getting into a lovely combo and feels less like crowd control and more like shitty game design.
    It isn’t a bad game at all but it’s been planned out to such a degree that there just isn’t enough time and space for me to do or see anything other than exactly what SSM wanted me to see. As soon as there’s a bit of silence or space they start filling it in with constant chatter. The friendly NPC animation is pretty lol too, esp. the big giant man.

Incredible squirrel fur though. Bet that took a broken artist four years to animate.
  • And I stand by the wtaf at Odin by way of the 70’s bronx and Thor from Jersey.
  • Thor and Odin coming to make an offer you can't refuse was a bizarre bit alright. Don't know what they were thinking with that.
  • You playing it now?

I just finished 2 side quests earlier in first main area.
  • JonB wrote:
    Thor and Odin coming to make an offer you can't refuse was a bizarre bit alright. Don't know what they were thinking with that.
    It’s no different to American Gods. It’s an artistic interpretation..
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Didn’t bother me in the slightest. No worse than guys putting on British accents to play gods that are of Nordic tradition, but somehow that’s acceptable.
  • Bob wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Thor and Odin coming to make an offer you can't refuse was a bizarre bit alright. Don't know what they were thinking with that.
    It's daft.
  • JonB wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    It's daft.

Nah. It’s not. You know gods don’t exist right?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Don’t be daft.
  • Me or Jon?

Fictional characters are often re-interrupted in different guises. Can’t see this is any different.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I was just trying to be funny. 

I actually liked the intro.
  • Oh.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    It's daft.
    Nah. It’s not. You know gods don’t exist right?
    You know that's irrelevant, right?

Or perhaps you believe that not being real is good enough to shield all fiction from criticism? Have you never met a piece of fiction you didn't like?
  • The whole thing is just too noisy. Whenever there’s a chance of downtime one of my friendly npcs pipes up with some drivel (brother!) as they oddly skate across the landscape surface. God, I was hoping this was gonna be my big game for the end of the year but there’s just too much that grates.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!