SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    Anyone want an Xbox Beta code?

2GGQ4-3KMMH-RD2W6-J6HGT-KXJXZ

Nabbed that, thanks.
    No worries. Hope you enjoy it! I wish I'd signed up for PS4 as the xbox isn't even plugged in at the moment.

It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Nexx wrote:
    If you give me your uplay username I can send you an xbox one

Found it!

Hylian_Elf
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Watched more oroboro last night. The 1v1 and 2v2 has so much depth behind the fightmans, looks amazing.
  • Someone sent me a message telling me that my emblem wasn't in-keeping with the theme of the game...

flgcpe.jpg
  • Nexx wrote:
    Sent

Cheers, ears
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Haha good shit, I spent some time fucking around with decals as well. Repping that medieval Great White, Coke, Cthulhu and Spiderman. PS4 players must be a bit more chill as I've had no messages. :( 

C3OnDm1UkAAX6_K.jpg:large
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Had my first wee shotty.

1) I love it.
    2) I'm not very good at it.
    3) How do I deal with my opponent's attack when it's preceded by an orange diamond?
  • Glad to hear! Orange diamonds are unblockables. Kensei (big Samurai with two handed sword) has the ability to make the third strike in his heavy chain get unblockable properties. You can still parry these (hold right stick in right direction and hit RT/2 just as he connects), but best bet is to dodge. Especially with attacks coming from the Up position as they're usually pretty vertically orientated and can be ducked left and right if you time it well.

EDIT: There's definitely a moment where the mechanics will start to click for you with a bit of practice! Just like an good fighter.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Cherry_Pez wrote:
    EDIT: There's definitely a moment where the mechanics will start to click for you with a bit of practice! Just like an good fighter.

So much this.  I was terrible for the first few hours I played this but you make progress quick once it all starts to click.  Would never have thought I would be able to do shit like this when I first started playing - http://xboxclips.com/Nexx/fff3f638-cba9-4a9a-a5be-9e8e788bf2af
  • Excellent stuff! I haven't tried the Warden yet, but he/she's on the list. That Guard-break to two stroke is so dirty, seen Oroboro on Twitch totally bamboozle folk by rushing them down with it. I think that's the one thing I would say, early on there'll be plenty of things that feel cheap and broken. However with time you will find an answer to all of it, I'm having the most difficulty up against the Warlord viking dude, who has a horrible mix of fast short lights, that ball yell parry and the short dash forward rush with the guaranteed stab. Patience is really the key and not being too hasty in trying to hit them back straight away, picking up the natural rhythm of their chains and then looking for the parry or the side-step to swing momentum. Just going off Nexx's video, what I like so much about the game is that it just looks and plays out exactly how you'd expect two mad fucks with blades squaring off from each other to do.  

This was my first RQer so I made sure to immortalise the moment. He was pretty rubbish, but was when the Nobushi was really starting to click for me, keeping the long distance, harassing them with lights and making them bleed (and avoiding being thrown off that bloody bridge).  

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    That actually looks pretty close to what I was hoping for, but with a few human players in a battle instead of 1v1. I seem to recall everyone's health being stupidly high in that mode?

There still hasn't been a third-person Total War.
  • There were two, Spartan and Viking
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Damn Pez that was class. I think I'm in for this, plus Nioh the week before. Gonna be a good month.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Spartan

I thought of that, but they copied others' games a lot more their own. Viking was a straight hack-and-slasher, not the sort of thing where you command troops with a natty UI.

An expanded version of Uncharted 2's Village map with weapons instead of guns: that's what I'm getting at. Medieval MAG — imagine that.
  • I've had to stop, my thumbs hurt. Scape, there are currently two other modes, 2v2 and Dominion which is full 4v4 with NPC mobs running hither and yon. In that one you get all your gear stats boosted and added other abilities that proc as you do stuff in the round. I'm flying solo as I have no mates on PS4 currently about to share the joy, but 1v1 is enough for a pre-order on PC (where it'll be silky 60fps). Definitely had some frustrating games, been bigmanting raidering it all day and he defo has some weaker match ups. The Peacekeeper (Assassins Creed lady in the fight below) can get in your grill and just do super swift light strings changing level each time, very easily to be overwhelmed. Important thing to remember is that once the stamina bar empties you stop being able to do any combo and your normals become languid and really you need time to let it recharge (which is a decent amount of time as you can see in the vid below). Also if you get guard broken (grabbed, Square or X) you'll get dropped and are open to free hits (again this happens to me in the video below), so it really is a game about defence, because there's only a finite amount of time they can go ham and eggs on you. 

Also cheers DS! I grabbed a few other bits, first one ain't pretty but it turned in to a right old, up close and dirty fight on one of the castle bridges. At that point I can't risk using heavies with the Raider as the axe swing is so horizontal it'll get caught on the sides. Gassed properly as well but that was all about momentum and trying to keep her off balance as once she gets going like I said above, you're gonna have a bad time. Second is just a cautionary tale and warning to not stand still if you see an 8 foot viking running at you. 

• Another Xbox one

2FMFK-P4DQH-9Q62Y-RDVCC-YFHQZ
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Bugger, that last one's really selling it! Can we do 2v2 with four friends, and when's it out on PS4?
  • Yeah you can make a friendo lobby and just choose sides a la every WWF game ever. Or even say SFxT... Out on the 14th, I've got it preordered for the PC because sadly it only runs at 30fps on the PS4, however if there's a bunch of Badgers on it I'll grab a PS4 copy as well. 12 characters at launch as far as I can tell, 3 more as the usual dlc currently announced. Nothing overtly play to win about it as it's so heavily user skill based. But yeah, it's a straight up fighting game, just slower and every move has the little Xrd over-head exclamation mark attached to it so you can adjust and defend. 

Just awaiting some Braveheart style, giant Claymore wielding Celt to be announced and all my dreams will come true.
  • Really enjoying all the clips of this.
  • That first video is epic Pez.  You're much better at reacting to guard brake than I am.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Lost my first round, went on to win 3-1 by using the head splitter dash of the Warlord. I was against the pokey spear girl, could eat a little damage while dishing out the heavy hits. Knocked her off a ledge for the win when I was on the ropes in the fourth round.

I like the Warlord, good defence options with the block everything skill, comes in handy when I'm failing to read stances in the thick of it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Pulverized in the next match by the morning star guy. 3-0.
  • Escape wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Spartan
    I thought of that, but they copied others' games a lot more their own. Viking was a straight hack-and-slasher, not the sort of thing where you command troops with a natty UI. An expanded version of Uncharted 2's Village map with weapons instead of guns: that's what I'm getting at. Medieval MAG — imagine that.

You mean Mount and Blade or Chivalry
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Beat broadsword lady 3-1, again coming from 1 down. Had to constantly nip in and out of range like a pesky wasp.

Still floundering about like a noob.
  • Pulverized in the next match by the morning star guy. 3-0.

Yeah Conquerors can be a bit of a pain. The matchup changes when you relise that you can get a free guard break in if you block any of their light attacks.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just got whupped by a knight, so many attack and chains coming from all angles. No way can I react to that.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    And the samurai. Attack spam with unblockable attacks. Hmm.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!