Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can't get on with these paddles. AI level 2 is rinsing me.
  • Nice, there's AI? I don't know if I want to jump in to tired salty online matches straight away.
  • Can't get on with these paddles. AI level 2 is rinsing me.
    What do you have on the paddles?  Remember you're not just limited to the paddles and can remap any of the buttons.  I've been thinking about moving Guard Break and Cancel to LT and LB and then moving the lock-on button to one of the paddles.

Nice, there's AI? I don't know if I want to jump in to tired salty online matches straight away.

Yeah you can play any of the modes with AI.  It also has an endless Duel mode which is useful for training.
  • The AI are pretty hard (i jumped straight to higher difficulty) - or maybe i'm just a noob. 

Everytime i play i subconciously try and play it like Dark Souls. I need to stop that.

It seems really well thought out and balanced. Dark Souls can become a game of who has the best weapons. This is more like a fighting game like Street Fighter i think.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    What do you have on the paddles?  Remember you're not just limited to the paddles and can remap any of the buttons.  I've been thinking about moving Guard Break and Cancel to LT and LB and then moving the lock-on button to one of the paddles.

Good shout, that should help with my compulsive gripping leading to accidental paddle tapping. I think it's going to be beyond me in the long run though.
  • Nexx wrote:

Nice, there's AI? I don't know if I want to jump in to tired salty online matches straight away.

Yeah you can play any of the modes with AI.  It also has an endless Duel mode which is useful for training.

That last part sounds excellent for leaning the ropes.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    My PS4 download's on course for 70 minutes — she's a-flyin'. Add my tag if you care to.
  • Managed tute before Ara woke up this morning. Looks lovely and makes sense. Fingers crossed for mm.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • So I suck then.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Nah, I don't like it. It's a combat Noughts and Crosses that relies on its players' intelligence to inject depth, but against the ball-and-chain I can't block for toffee. I'd get better with practice, of course, but the visuals are too bloom-heavy to make that anything less than a frustrating slog. There's a spin before you have to block Right, but the other two are just too hard for my eyes to recognise reliably in time.

And I think it falls into the Fight Night series' trap of prioritising feel over function with its controls. Blocking with analogue's hardly an analogue, but I get where they're coming from with a design that mirrors the most basic real-life actions.

I'd much prefer to have the shoulder buttons for guardbreak (L1), shield (L2), evade (R1) and attack (R2), using the right stick for aiming all of those instead (initiating swings, 360° or otherwise). As well as providing a ton more nuance to strikes in place of six canned anims, with analogue triggers you could allow variable blocking and striking. Shallow taps for quick blocks that only work against weak strikes (partial defence against heavies), but with faster recovery. Bigger taps for heavy-strike defence could then be plus on block.

Yeah, it's a nice idea, but it's puddle-shallow pending the player's willingness to level-up against arbitrary demands. Unless you get on with its glitchily busy graphics, it feels like you're losing to the game as much as the person. And it's not as kinetically satisfying as I expected, rather a Dynasty Warriors 1.5 on that front, owing mostly to Ubi's trademark imponderousness. The cagiest berserkers, robbed of their and their players' essence. Shook Honor.
  • The 'honor' bit makes me laugh. Best tactic when losing is to run away as fast as possible to safety of team mates
  • Played about an hour last night.

Got really excited by it initially but the more I played the more broken it seemed to be.

Looks like the only viable method is running around in a gang and just hacking lone wolves to pieces. 1 v 1 fights were rare, and the only option if you're on the wrong side of a  2 v 1 is to peg it.

Am I missing something?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nah, Dominion is a mess. Try the 2v2 Brawl and 1v1 Duel modes for the real stuff.
  • OK will do tonight.
  • Last night, in a 2v2, I tried running off and delivering sneaky damage to the guy my partner was fighting, before my opponent caught up. That didn't go well, and it didn't feel like the right thing to do when I was doing it. I think the game will rely on some honourable role-play.
  • Are private matches possible in the beta?
  • As far as I could tell. Certainly can set up customs with bots only.
  • Yeah you can do private matches. 

I started playing some Conqueror earlier and he is fucking dirty to play against.  Made a level 13 rage quit in my first game as a level 1 Conq.
  • I hope I get a chance to play this weekend.
  • Another rage quit. People just don't know what to do against him, this is great lol
  • JRPC wrote:
    the only option if you're on the wrong side of a  2 v 1 is to peg it.

i don't agree with that. i watched 1 guy on my team beat 3 at the same time. have you done the advanced tutorial?
  • i'm a muppet been playing only dominion just done a duel it's so much better. i surprised myself and won 3-0 did some crazy counter attack i don't even understand how i did. love the samurai basic dude
  • Djornson wrote:
    JRPC wrote:
    the only option if you're on the wrong side of a  2 v 1 is to peg it.

i don't agree with that. i watched 1 guy on my team beat 3 at the same time. have you done the advanced tutorial?

No, havent.

ill have a look.

• Anyone up for some games on Xbox or PC tonight?
  • I'm free for the next hour and maybe 11:30 onwards on PC
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'd love to but I'm addicted to Astroneers.
  • Will be streaming this from 19:00, going in completely cold, did the tutorials earlier and that was all. Please let there be a likeable big body in this game somewhere!

http://www.twitch.tv/mm_roujin
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • So, by being a lazy fuck and not reading the thread, can I try this out on demo or anything? I've got an evening free...
  • So far my cursory feelings on this are that it is good when it clicks, but that's quite rare. I have also been having terrible connection issues which makes it much less fun.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!