Touchdowns, slam dunks, home runs and slap shots
  • Also, apparently, contra me, Miami aren't legit.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Odd how both last years EC finalists are  now on track for sweeps.
    Neither squad has regressed much (remember Howard was injured anyway) just the rest of the conference has got much, much better
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Yeah, they look almost as in their own heads as LAC and Julius randle.

Rose still playing well, and I expect at least one big game from Barrett in this series. Thankfully though, Hunter looks like he's shaking off the injury, and is making a difference by playing well when given the ball on offence around the paint.

Hope it's something to rely on when the 3s don't fall.

"I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Well, as series are want to do, teams worked some stuff out.

That knicks series could go now its even.

That Dallas loss was big. They were up 21, Luka has a nagging injury now, the bench units were awful, and they couldn't get anything in the paint.

The Lativian gang banger is an expensive role player.

Will be interesting to see how both teams come out in g4.

• Also, Denver Portland is the most entertaining series. Joker and Dame absolutely going at it. Chippy as all hell generally.

Dame clutch time shooting ridiculousness is such a phenom.

They were down like 12 with 3 mins left and did the foul game and got within 3. All off Dame being automatic from anywhere.

Ridiculous. The sort of thing that will scare a team in future games if it's close.

• So it is to be Brooklyn. I hope we have enough in the tank.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Don't bring up the word 'tank' at this stage!

One more game against New York could do it, but I've been expecting the Knicks to rally since game one. Barrett looked like a solid shooter at times through the season, and Randle is MIP, so I don't think this is over.

But to finish the series tonight would be a massive statement.
  • Dame goes ok, hey.
  • Looking forward to nets bucks, haven’t seen the bucks this year but was super impressed with Brooklyn’s supporting cast against Boston
    As for Celtics, I am just glad it’s over - something odd with the injury situation though, every year it happens even when players have their time managed in the reg season

• Ainge stepping down. Stevens in as some sort of combo? Remember how well that went for doc and Stan. Wait... Shit
  • Wait what. Stevens not coaching. Woah.
  • Lol wiz can't even beat sixers without embiid.
  • Yeah the end of dealer Danny, some fuck ups towards the end (hi Kemmba, how’s today’s injury?) but overall he has been great for the franchise.
    Not feeling it re Brad moving to the front office but certainly need a change.

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Lol wiz can't even beat sixers without embiid.

Yes. But can the Hawks? :D
  • Facewon wrote:
    Lol wiz can't even beat sixers without embiid.
    Yes. But can the Hawks? :D
    Yes they can!
    Nets v. Hawks ECF

• High school mate whos a hawks fan reckons it'll go 6-7 if embiid is healthy.

That's optimism. I know I haven't watched enough hawks, but wow. 76ers could sweep if they're healthy.

Maybe I'm too bullish on sixers and low on hawks, but knicks were bad. And sixers have depth and answers to so much hawks stuff. Trae copping combos of Simmons and thyble for a start.
  • Meanwhile, Luka is amazing.

Had to pick, but I think they're the most dependent on a single player out of all the teams in playoffs. Dame, joker, LBJ all make a case, but I reckon Dallas would be the most fucked without Luka. His plus minus must be pushing 50 points diff. Just insane.

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    High school mate whos a hawks fan reckons it'll go 6-7 if embiid is healthy. That's optimism. I know I haven't watched enough hawks, but wow. 76ers could sweep if they're healthy. Maybe I'm too bullish on sixers and low on hawks, but knicks were bad. And sixers have depth and answers to so much hawks stuff. Trae copping combos of Simmons and thyble for a start.

At the start of the series, I'd have thought that we'd have done much worse against the Knicks. Their defensive record was one of the best in the league, and we struggled against the top defensive teams whole season.

Trae's a thing, sure, but this is all about Nate McMillan.   
    If Embiid has to sit out most of it, I honestly think it will at least make for a good series.

As for the Mavericks, I had no idea that Porzingis was such a bad rebounder and defender. 
    He's 7 fucking feet tall. But Luka and Timmy are playing extremely well, and they'd be a dark horse for the whole thing if they edge the series, I'd think.

I wonder what Ballmer must be thinking now?
  • The Lativian gang banger is an expensive role player. 7 feet, but all torso and thinness. His low post catches are defensive wins.

• Outstanding.
  • that video made my day

• Non LeBron playoffs for the first time in a while. No shade, but I'll enjoy this pretty wide open field.

West could go any old way. Big chance for cp3 to rewrite his story.

East, injuries permitting, have to think winner of bucks nets a strong candidate. Although philly could, pending embiid, come in feeling great if they sort out hawks quickly.
  • Yeah I am going to be that guy that points out there was no LBJ in the playoffs only a couple of seasons ago :)
    But yes - exciting that it feels wide open although I just cant see past the nets.

• I know. But, you know, it's still been 95% LBJ for 10+years. Again, no shade, dude is GOAT level, but having suns, Denver, Dallas at the outside (I guess clips could work something out eventually) feeling like they're in with a show is fun. Whole bunch of teams I enjoy watching and root for in neutral games coming through.
  • Yeah I know what you mean, his shadow is always there.

Hope the Mavs can beat clips - would make the west truly wild and the east is anyone's although ATL is a long shot.

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Both divisions are really hard to call.

Obviously turgid for a Hawks vs Mavericks final. 

The animal names are one thing, but that 2018 draft class trade talk would be a rivalry that sits alongside the best stories in sport. Looking at how things are going, it might actually happen one day in the next 2/3 seasons.

I agree with the assessment for the Nets this year, but I'd like Giannis to find a way. 

If I had to make a call on the West now, I'd say the Suns. 
    The starters on all the remaining Western teams are amazing, but none of them, barring the Jazz, seem to have any depth.
  • Ok clips. I see you.

Great coverage of Luka. Well done to Dallas others though.

Raps level kawhi is scary though.

• Wow, bucks thought running no offense and letting Blake off the hook defensively was a plan.

Slim to no chance of harden for a while though, you'd have to think.
  • Ah playoff Bud

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!