Touchdowns, slam dunks, home runs and slap shots
  • Once again delighted to be wrong.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    This NBA season is bonkers. Especially in the east.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Lol, LBJ in play in tourney, possibly v Steph. What a time to be alive etc.

(this may be out of date by the time I post given moving pieces.)

Meanwhile, euroleague playoffs have been nuts. Both actual games and structure.

35 round season, top 8 into playoffs. 1v8 2v7 etc. In first round. Best of 5 series.

3 out of 4 series went to 5 and 2 of those game 5s went to last shot. Including the 1v8 match up, which was barca at 1. They added Pau freakin Gasol for the playoffs. Didn't play during reg season at all.

Started game 1, looked terrible and bill Simmons body language doctor watching other players as he got burned in pnr coverage until he was played off the court was ringing alarm bells. Mirotic has been terrible for them after being arguably season mvp.

Anyway, entertaining first round.

But wait, how do they structure things in euroleague? A final four? What. Yes.

So after best of 5 series. They wait an entire month, and then go to a specific city (this season cologne) and do it ncaa style for the final 3 games. Single game elimination semis. And then a single game final.

Absolutely mental.

I love it.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Did you see the news about J Cole playing in the inaugural season of the weird African NBA project?
    The fuck.
  • Nope. Weird.

Have been watching Basketball: A Love Story. Good series. And loooong. 90 min eps, 9-10 total. Great stuff.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The J Cole thing - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/57071745

I suppose the equivalent would be like the Gallagher brothers suiting up for Oldham, or something.

As for the documentary, if I have time to watch it with all the PLAYOFF games I'll be watching in the post season, then I'll at least take in the first episode.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Wonder what Charlie makes of the play-in tournament, and Celtics facing the Wizards? Fuck facing Westbrook and Beal at this point in a knockout tournament.
  • Celtics, from what I've seen and then heard on pods, aren't having a great year anyway. Win or lose, they're not going deep on this run. LA warriors is gonna be more fun.

• The sooner Celtics are dumped out of this horrible season the better - my only wish now is 76ers & Doc crash and burn.  Watching them win it all would be horrific.

Such a weird season, yeah injuries have been bad but there's a bit of a deja vu with the 18/19 (i.e. Kyrie hell) season.  

Not sure if I would get rid of Brad, could do a lot worse but cant see him ever winning a championship and he got schooled by Nurse and Spoe in the playoffs last season.  Bigger problem is Danny spent all those draft picks on, at best, young role players.

With two absolute stud young wings we will never be terrible but cant see us being proper contenders which is kind of the worst place to be.

<Sigh>
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • We won't go all the way, but I'd like to see Utah go all the way, they've earned that shit.

Meanwhile I really wish they'd ditch the conferences, complaint for the umpteenth time.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    @Charlie Oh shit. I'd been looking at the standings frequently recently, and had no idea the Celts were on for a .500 season. I only caught the Atlanta games, but Celtic's inside defence/offence looked patchy then (for what little I know). 

When the season is done, I can see them trying to match Collin's offer sheet as one answer to that question, but you also need an All Star centre. But then everyone needs one of those. Someone like Sabonis would transform that team completely. I doubt that's an entirely unrealistic trade either.

As for the Hawks, we need an All Star wing... Like Tatum. But to be honest, at the start of the season, I thought .500 was a best case scenario until Hunter or Reddish came back. Hunter was looking really good before he broke down, but it feels like he's come back a little too late to just pick up where he left off.

Having the Knicks as playoff opponents is lucky in a way. Experience wise, they're not that much better off, despite the vets.
  • Yeah unless you have one of giannis, joker or doncic you’re making up the numbers post LBJ
    Celtics do have Robert Williams who could be a fine centre if he could stay healthy

• Embiid sees that shade Charlie. And he doesn't appreciate it. ;)

Reckon we're at least another season away from post LBJ. (certainly very effective LBJ, he might play another 3)

Be interesting to see what lakers do there, I reckon they chase a new sidekick for Davis.

Clippers are still a thing too, let's not forget. Granted, with baggage until they prove otherwise.

Certainly the most open playoffs I can remember for a Looong time this year.
  • Please can we not get romped by Jimmy Butler again, at very least.
  • I have NFI how the bucks will go.

As has been documented, they've been all over the place defensively trying to suss switching etc. I've watched them play great (and their plus minus with big 3 on is rock solid) and then they lose to SA by 30. Add to that Play Off baggage and Giannis still being less effective in the clutch and it's a partridge shrug from me.
  • Things I don't trust: Embiids health, playoff Bud, paul george

• Lol. Fair. Lucky for Boston, Westbrook just laid an egg today. Cs were good though.
  • If Brown wasn't injured the Nets series would be fun, without him Cs win a token game

• That 3 from LBJ under a min to go was just obscene

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    How can Draymond barely hit a three, but consistently poke out a player's eye? It's impressive.

I can see Trae getting that kind of treatment, when that series come around.
  • Taken to OT in the first fucking game, ugh. It is happening again.
  • Nah, there were some worries, giannis fts for one, but Miami are legit, to have Middleton come up big is great. Portis deserves more time.

Take care of home court. You guys will be OK.
  • I mean 19-30 from the line as a team in a game that close will kill ya.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    That was a huge game from Trae. Two very evenly matched teams.
    The Knicks are clearly stronger in the paint, and now they're allowing spectators back into the stands, the home court advantage is real. 

But the birds have more craft. I think only Phoenix and the Nets has a better back court this season. I'm biased though.
  • Sign me up for this clips implosion.

Luka absolutely trash talking (and backing it up) Beverley off the court is a good lol too.

Hope Tatum is OK, because otherwise put in a mercy rule and shut down the bkn/celts series.

Phx v LAL is fun. Hope Paul is OK too. Because series is gonna be not as much fun otherwise.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Hope Tatum is OK, because otherwise put in a mercy rule and shut down the bkn/celts series. 
    Yes please

• Add mercy rule for wiz if Westbrook is out.

Even though I could shoot better.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
  • 2 uninhibited spankings of Miami later I may be feeling a little better.
  • Yeah, they look almost as in their own heads as LAC and Julius randle.

Can't see how they coming back. Might sneak a game because pride, but feel like bucks want to exorcise demons, so sweep is in play.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!