Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    :)
    Things can only get better.
  • Good stuff.

For those who have played both games. Has anyone else
    Spoiler:
  • I thought episode 4 was the weakest episode (albeit still good, it's just that the previous 3 have been top tier). Still enjoyed it, but not sure that they need to humanise every other character to such an extent.
  • I stuck my thoughts in the TV thread, but wanted to throw this part in here:
    poprock wrote:
    … it’s always a treat to see Melanie Lynskey in her usual stone-cold suburban-Mom-turned-badass role.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    I dunno. One of my takeaways from the game is that these are people with their own lives and their own motives that you’re brutally murdering. It makes it much more complex when you see that Brian or Kathleen are not just some faceless enemies, don’t just have bad intentions.

I agree on the general point and I think it particularly applies to TLOU2. I just felt that with this being a shortish episode (and then episode will be a continuation of this thread) they could have maybe invested full in Joel and Ellie. Of course, time will tell and I will probably be proven wrong.

I'm just nitpicking. It was still excellent TV.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    A builder of an episode. This felt like the closest to an episode of TWD more than the rest of the show. But good walking dead not the crap latter stuff. Where this show excels way above TWD is its scale. The scope and quality of the partial CG landscapes, as Joel and Ellie drive across the state, is really well realised. Top work to the HBO SFX peeps.

I’d argue it was important to get some back story to the “bad guys” here. The context of people who’ve been fucked over and now have payback in the post apocalyptic world is pretty standard stuff tbf but it was handled well enough.

This was the best development of Joel and Ellie’s relationship and who doesn’t bind over bad puns. Enjoyable filler.
  • DrewMerson wrote:
    Listened to the podcast for this episode today. They explicitly tell us who we saw at the end of the episode. They say that if you’re a fan of the game, or read the casting news in Variety at the time, you’ll know.

In retrospect, it’s maybe obvious, but I don’t remember the order of events in the game clearly enough to remember what’s next, and hadn’t read anything about it prior to watching. Like I say, in retrospect I perhaps should have known, but I felt a bit deflated by the way they essentially started covering the next episode, however fleetingly.

I also mentioned their names a few posts back so apologies if thats a spoiler. I would guess if you knew what's coming it wouldn't be s spoiler and if you didn't know whats coming then those 2 names would mean nothing anyway.

Looking forward to ep5.
    b0r1s wrote:

A builder of an episode.

This was the best development of Joel and Ellie’s relationship and who doesn’t bind over bad puns. Enjoyable filler.

Not badgers!

• I thought the poo pun at the end was especially cool. Kids liked it too.
  • Not sure if anyone else feels this way but having seen the trailer for this weeks episode, it feels like maybe they had a really long episode 4 that they had to split into two. Very much feeling like a 2 parter.
  • The PS5 remake is back on sale on PSN.
  • Just watched ep5. Thats the best one of the series so far for me. Don't click the spoiler till you've watched it.
    Spoiler:

They're making some great decisions with what they're showing you and what they're telling you.

This is an incredible adaptation, the quality has to dip at some point, it can't keep ramping up surely.

I loved it. Best episode so far.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Just watched ep5. Thats the best one of the series so far for me. Don't click the spoiler till you've watched it.
    Spoiler:

They're making some great decisions with what they're showing you and what they're telling you.

This is an incredible adaptation, the quality has to dip at some point, it can't keep ramping up surely.

I loved it. Best episode so far.

Just watched, agree with all of that.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    This is high praise considering how good episode three was.

Can't wait!
  • Is episode 5 on sky go yet?

Re episode 4, I liked it.
    Spoiler:
    GT: Knight640
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Knight wrote:
    Is episode 5 on sky go yet? Re episode 4, I liked it.
    Spoiler:

Well said!

Perhaps the guy they are after is a right c*nt?!
  • Knight wrote:
    Is episode 5 on sky go yet? Re episode 4, I liked it.
    Spoiler:

Well said!

Perhaps the guy they are after is a right c*nt?!

It gets fleshed out enough in ep5 to make it understandable. Maybe.
  • Better than an episode with Murray Bartlett doing his stuff?!! Surely not.
  • That was an intense episode. Does just get better and better.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep solid episode. That ending man!

• Doesn’t matter that you know it’s coming…absolutely heartbreaking all the same…I’m far too emotionally unbalanced to be watching it.
  • 9mins in and I’m already teary eyed. This is gonna be a tough watch, this entire series.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Loving how good this is so far
  • Episode 5 done. Can't stand the embittered Weeds soccermom character (sorry pop), but it's great stuff.
  • Episode 5 delivered. Excellent stuff. I can't remember all the details from that section of the game, but certain moments I love were completely nailed.

In the game, this was precisely the point where I started to feel it was something great.
  • It is good but I have two wishes. The first is that I could somehow see this without having already got my stall set out from having played the game.
    The second is that I could be a smashing amalgamation of in game Joel and irl Pedro and be all so effortlessly macho whilst still having a little hint of thought and intelligence as opposed to being a gardenman who’d probably send his own daughter out front if the world ever got overrun by zombies/undead/infected.
  • It is good but I have two wishes. The first is that I could somehow see this without having already got my stall set out from having played the game.

I think playing the game first and loving it so much is the reason I'm so enamored with the series.

We'll never know either way but it's right up there with Thrones to this point.

• If I hadn’t played the game, I wouldn’t have bothered with the series.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!