The Last of Us - Edge has given this a [10] FYI
  • g.man wrote:
    Guys, this is a show where the main protagonist walks around listening to her Sony Walkman...twenty years after the apocalypse.
    Where is she getting the fucking batteries???

Maybe she found Yoss’ Xbox controller setup?

• Heh
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Same. I was like wtf she learnt fatalities how?! A guidebook survived somewhere nearby?

The writing was on the wall in episode 4.
  • It was ep3 when I questioned how a man could have a bottle of wine with his dinner every night for 20yrs and still keep pulling them out.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Same. I was like wtf she learnt fatalities how?! A guidebook survived somewhere nearby?

The writing was on the wall in episode 4.

Yeah it was, they could've picked better fatalities though!

Loved seeing that arcade in all its glory and they did pick mk2 which was one of my absolute faves.
  • n0face wrote:
    I liked yesterday's episode but I couldn't get on board with somebody learning all the finishing moves in MKII after playing it for a couple of hours on their own. Total Immersion breaker.

Haha. Totally thought this too. We've lived it. We can't be fooled.
  • If she'd done the Shang Tsung Kintaro Fatality that would have been too much. Would have needed to ask the Gamesmaster for that.
  • that was a good episode tbf. sad they didn't show the change bought on by the bite and how shes deals with it, but may be a flashback later.

is there only 1 ep left? cos its david next ep
    PSN - minkymu
  • Some things are best left to the imagination imo.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • 2 episodes left minky
  • Watched ep 6 and 7 back to back, thought 6 was outstanding - really powerful but episode 7 (the mall) was hands down better.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • g.man wrote:
    Some things are best left to the imagination imo.

There’s a key point in this though (that’s already been referenced in the show) and I think they have to show it in the next episode.
  • Playing it through (for the first time since release) and watching it is a strange experience but enjoyable
    Amazed how closely the show mirrors the game with even chunks of dialogue shared.  Really talks of how great the source is/was when one of the biggest tv shows of the year decide to change so little.  Ultimately it’s a very fine tv show but a ground breaking game.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • This weeks podcast is such a good listen. Full of nostalgia and passion. Craig is awesome, so glad its him and Druckman doing this thing right. Also props to Troy, he's a lovie but he's also all in on this and it shines through.

MK2 finisher reasoning is in there too.
  • Cupatay wrote:

I'm not going to listen but could you expand?
  • n0face wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:

They kinda said that the two girls would be so obsessed with certain things from pop culture like mk2 that they'd collect anything they could. They mentioned posters and video games magazines that they could of learned these finishers from.

Thats probably not doing them justice but thats the gist of it.

Its just so nice to hear them talk about things from our childhood and our hobby with such passion, and for them to then create this awesome TV show where they pay homage to it all is so wonderfully nostalgic. Not to mention how true to the game the whole show has been all the way through. It's a huge win for gaming imo.
  • I wish they would have played Operation Wolf instead.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Cupatay wrote:
    They kinda said that the two girls would be so obsessed with certain things from pop culture like mk2 that they'd collect anything they could. They mentioned posters and video games magazines that they could have learned these finishers from. Thats probably not doing them justice but thats the gist of it. Its just so nice to hear them talk about things from our childhood and our hobby with such passion, and for them to then create this awesome TV show where they pay homage to it all is so wonderfully nostalgic. Not to mention how true to the game the whole show has been all the way through. It's a huge win for gaming imo.

Not listened to all of the latest pod yet, but the reasoning makes perfect sense....for us nerds anyway (I had a magazine way back containing every special move and finisher in MK2).

More than that though, as a viewer, we can't know everything about the characters and world. Best to just accept things as they are and enjoy the ride, rather than debating alkaline battery shelf lives on Reddit (yes, the thread exists, I checked).
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:
    They kinda said that the two girls would be so obsessed with certain things from pop culture like mk2 that they'd collect anything they could. They mentioned posters and video games magazines that they could have learned these finishers from. Thats probably not doing them justice but thats the gist of it. Its just so nice to hear them talk about things from our childhood and our hobby with such passion, and for them to then create this awesome TV show where they pay homage to it all is so wonderfully nostalgic. Not to mention how true to the game the whole show has been all the way through. It's a huge win for gaming imo.

Not listened to all of the latest pod yet, but the reasoning makes perfect sense....for us nerds anyway (I had a magazine way back containing every special move and finisher in MK2).

More than that though, as a viewer, we can't know everything about the characters and world. Best to just accept things as they are and enjoy the ride, rather than debating alkaline battery shelf lives on Reddit (yes, the thread exists, I checked).

That’s where I’m at with this. Tbh I do that with every media I watch/consume. It just seems ridiculously churlish to me to start picking holes in minor little bits and pieces although I do think this particular discussion just started from a joke about how difficult fatalities are, even for those of us who were there. The Reddit threads and whatabout bits just seem too trivial to me.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:

Yeah I actually listed them all on a4 paper with different colour felt tips and little emblems etc and folded them up and put them inside the case for the mega drive game. Proper nerded out on it me.
  • When MK2 was out on the arcades, I bought a copy of Mean Machines (or similar) that had a special section listing all MK2 special moves and fatalities as we were going to a fairground that I knew had MK2 on site. Thought I'd memorised some (so left the mag at home), but by the time I got to play the game, my mind was a blank. I have quite a few fond gaming memories based around just trying to remember or work out specials on beat-em-ups. Still remember badgering some lad at school for how to do Scorpions harpoon in the original MK, which he wouldn't tell me for ages!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That was another solid episode and I enjoyed it more than the lacking Left Behind DLC.
  • Already? I thought episodes are on Sundays?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ah. Gotcha.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah. Busy week.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Just noticed that there’s only one episode to go and I’m struggling to remember how much of the story for the first game has left to pan out.

Is there going to be two seasons covering the first game?
  • So theres todays episode THEN one more - and that will wrap up all the first game I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!