Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    even special co op events set within the game world will be fine, Like do the levels as some sort of back story or side mission. I mean ND have a habit of putting co op into UC games so I wouldnt rule it out. Course it could just be a horde style mode or?
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    First bit of multiplayer has been leaked:

he Multiplayer is actually looking like one pf the best ones ever conceived. Its completely different and unique.

Here are the first bits I got of the code to get a concensus of what ND is trying to emulate;

Multiplayer Leak wrote:
    "SURVIVE 12 WEEKS"
    "A small group of Infected have been spotted heading in our direction.  Improve the training of the clan to fight off the Infected and attract new members."

"You gained [A] clan members by fighting off the Infected attack."

"You were able to partially improve the training of your clan.  You gained some clan members by fighting off the attack.

"You were able to dramatically improve the training of your clan before the Infected attacked.  As a result, you gained the maximum new clan members. Marauders have been raiding camps in the area.  Improve the training of the group to fight off the Marauders and attract new members."

Overall Summary of the Multiplayer Leak:

- New feature called "Clans"

- The clan-based system and recruiting is essential to survive hordes of infected (possibly AI or player based clans)

- Possibly free-roam / Big open maps

- You can Craft weapons / Items in Multiplayer from all the supplies you gather

- The Multiplayer has certain random events (sort of like RDR) that happen in your playthrough. Some of which can threaten or help your clan

- The Multiplayer has mini-missions structured for you like surviving a certain amount of time, etc

- You can train Clan members (in what way, its still not clear)

- Depending on how well you train your clan members, you can do rescue missions to free hostages taken during the outbreak

- You'll need to gather supplies to survive (your clan can gather supplies too to be well equipped)

- You can aquire medicines / antibiotics from looting dead bodies throughout your playthrough

- You have 3 matches to complete a Mission (how this works its still unclear)

- Uncharted 3-like, Loadouts makes a comback

- Character Customization possibly back too

- list of usable items for crafting/weapons for MP (This is a bit Spoiler-ish, so be carefull)

***SPOILER***
    - Crouching makes you more accurate by reducing weapon sway

- Mission performance determines how many people you  gain or lose

- Mission performance also determines how many One-Use Boosters you earn

- You can spawn next to your teammates

- Boosters are back from UC3, but completeely redesigned and works in a colossaly different way (non-spammable and some are one-time use)

- There might be certain parts of the maps that are contaminated with viruses, you'll need to search/loot for masks or risk getting infected

- Your teammates / Clan members can get infected

-TLDR

Basically, you are in this possibly huge/ free-roam map, filled with hordes of infected. You set camp around the map with clan  members (basically spawn points). In this map, exists various multiplayer Missions that you can tackle of which will reward you and your teammates greatly. The world is always active, so you have to do your best to get well equipped by looting everything you can find, and crafting the best weapons to prepare for Clickers/Runners invasions.

Ammo is limited and stealth is the prime focus.

Its sort of like a team-oriented, Resident Evil Outbreak hybrid Multiplayer with stealth/survival elements. Ultimately trying to recreate a Walking Dead atmosphere in terms of tension and immersion.

Its a refreshing take on Multiplayer games

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29399363/the-last-of-us-multiplayer-details-leaked-free-roam-classes
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • That sounds brilliant, if true.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yup, sounds great. I was expecting some shan deathmatch mode, this is a welcome surprise even if they don't quite pull it off, the intention is very encouraging.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    WHOOOOOOOOOAAAAAA!!!
  • I had no intention of buying this til the price had dropped but it is sounding pretty fantastic.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I had no intention of playing the MP and now it's sounding like it will be the first thing I play when my copy lands!
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    same here, MP sounds like it may get more play time now. Unfortunately I wont be getting the game until a lot later so il be late to the party
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    RetroGam3r wrote:
    same here, MP sounds like it may get more play time now. Unfortunately I wont be getting the game until a lot later so il be late to the party
    How come?
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    lack of work and a trip to rezzed in a few weeks will mean less money to blow on this. Im looking at my games now and seeing if I could sell some. Im half tempted to go digital if MP does well.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Is the demo a PS+ exclusive or something. I looked for it when Stevo Tweeted about it, but couldn't find it.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    only available with god of war ascencion or you can ask davie nicely and he can put the file you need on to a account for you
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Ah, fair enough. I'll just wait it out then. Assume it will be available eventually for everyone else.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    ...at the weekend I think.

RetroGam3r wrote:
    I'm half tempted to go digital if MP does well.
    If I hadn't ordered the LE edition I'd be tempted to go digital as well.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    ...at the weekend I think.
    RetroGam3r wrote:
    I'm half tempted to go digital if MP does well.
    If I hadn't ordered the LE edition I'd be tempted to go digital as well.

Can you game share games that have mp and both be online at the same time ?

If so it would only be £25 each !!!! I'd be up for that cos the limited edition hasn't really got much . I'm guessing as well , with most Sony digital games you tend to get the DLC thrown in
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    you can usually. I remember Warhawk had it where you had a 24 hour wait until both accounts could go online at the same time, But newer games have been fine.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I am definitely grabbing the season pass when I get home...
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Just checked and the digital version is 40 quid. You get a choice of two, either survival pack or sights and sounds dlc bundled with it. Course would be interesting the file size first. Being Uncharted 3 was over 40gb I suspect this will be bigger meaning I wont be able to get it digital
  • What is in the special edition ? I've pre-ordered the Joel one from tesco months ago !
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I think the Joel and Ellie ones are the most 'special' of the editions from what I have read.

I really cannot wait for this game.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    The more I read that the online is similar to RDR, The more im interested. Just from what the demo showed me, free roaming the cities will be awesome. Im tempted to boot RDR up now with all this huge free roam talk.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Might get this.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Digital foundry review of the demo , good read 
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Hands on with the multiplayer
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/06/03/the-last-of-us-multiplayer-modes-played-and-tested/
    While most of the emphasis on The Last Of Us has so far been squarely aimed at the game’s single player, the game does come with a multiplayer section – and we’ve been dipping in and out of it for the last few days in-between bouts of the main story mode. Multiplayer is called ‘Factions’ and is split into two game types, which we’ll come back to shortly.
    The premise is that The Last Of Us’ multiplayer involves the player choosing to join one of two teams – two groups of humans taken from the singleplayer portion of the game. We’ll not spoil anything in terms of names, but chances are if you’ve been keeping an eye on the game recently you’ll have some idea of who we’re referring to.
    Whichever you choose, you can then begin to customise your character in terms of appearance (with various options for hats, masks, helmets and gestures – most of which will need unlocking rather than being available from the start) and you can also design an emblem, although you’re really pulling from pre-made shapes rather than creating your own.
    Factions
    Choose one of two clans
    Each match represents a day, try to survive 12 weeks
    There are two game types
    There are seven maps
    Plenty of customisation options and load-out tweaks to keep things interesting
    More interesting are the load-outs – there are four default ones (assault, sniper, support and stealth) and four custom slots. Each has a small and large weapon (for example, the stealth class has a silenced 9mm pistol and a bow) and there are also additional bolt-on skills, like Covert Training 2, which lets you crouch-walk without showing up on an opponent’s Listen Mode tracking.
    Yep, Listen Mode is in, although unlike the single player in Factions it’s limited to a few seconds at a time before it recharges. Generally keeping still will mean you’re not visible to others, but the skill mentioned above at least lets you move undetected, albeit slowly.
    Other skills available from the off include the ability to craft items (something the single player game is heavily focused on) in half the time, the sniper’s deadly Sharpshooter 3 (less scope sway and regenerating health for headshots) and the ability to know when you’ve been ‘marked’. There are also one-use boosters, but you’ll need to grow your clan population before you can use those.
    When you select a clan, you’ll get a handful of survivors too. The aim is to play matches over a series of days and weeks (each match represents a day) and get enough supplies out on the battlefield to slowly grow your survivor count. Pretty much everything you do in a battle is translated into supplies, including crafting and healing.
    The two game modes are Supply Raid and Survivors. Supply Raid sees players from each clan scavenging for supplies with a twenty-life limit, although anything crafted or bought is carried over if you die (assuming there are lives left). Survivors is more brutal: once you’re dead you’re dead until the end of the round, and there are seven rounds for each match.
    Both game types allow up to four players per team, eight players maximum.
    Factions is an interesting diversion. It’s clear that the bulk of The Last Of Us in is in the single player (more on that on Wednesday) but this isn’t necessarily something you should just skip over. It’s presented well, looks just as good as the single player mode and controls the same, so there’s little in the way of a learning curve.
    We didn’t get enough time to properly evaluate the multiplayer beyond a functional check and a few quick tests – these things are always much better once the game is out and the player count is much higher – but there has been a lot of people asking about what multiplayer is all about, so hopefully this will help to answer the questions.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Kind of goes over what we know but I thought I would just paste the whole thing in case people dont want to navigate away. Im getting pumped for the mp more than ever.
  • A couple of friends have got wind of an Edge 10 for this? Anyone know whether it's true?
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I wouldnt be shocked by that. OPM have given it 10/10 and empireonline gave it 5/5
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
  • In which case no preorder from me, most likely. But if the reviews are that glowing....
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • RetroGam3r wrote:
    I wouldnt be shocked by that. OPM have given it 10/10 and empireonline gave it 5/5

Source?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!