@daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    oh and i deactivated on mine afterwards so you can share it with someone if you wish.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Just waiting for the PS3 to go through it's faffing about because my daughter turned it off with its switch after watching a film. Imagine that, people thinking that you could just turn something off without first holding stuff down or going through menus?
  • I always turn it off with the button. Never had a problem with it.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I always turn it off with the button. Never had a problem with it.
    My daughter hasn't got a PS3 so I can see where the confusion would come from. There is no way to turn it off with a button press. Whether it's done off the console itself or the joypad a button needs to be held down but if she sees a big ON/OFF switch she is going to presume that it might be for turning the console ON or OFF.
  • The on/off button, front right?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    You have to hold it down for a while don't you? Anyway it's obvious to us but I just think that it could be a bit 'easier' for people using it as a BluRay player for the first time or not have the system go through such a merry dance if somebody does happen to turn it off with the massive ON/OFF switch.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    daviedigi wrote:
    just made an account for you and stuck it on there. guide: create new user. sign up for psn. choose use an existing account. insert details (il pm you in a min). go to download list in account management (or thru the store) and choose the last of us demo. download.
    It's sat on 0.00%?

EDIT: I tell a lie, it has gone up to 0.14% and an estimated time of 20hours and 38 minutes. I hate the PS3.

EDIT2: I've gone to a wired connection (which it always was but I changed it to wireless about 2 months ago) and for the first time in my PS3's history it has started downloading at a normal speed, 29 mins to d/l the demo. Finally near the end of its life under my TV the fucking thing has decided to start d/l at the same speed as everything else in my house, honestly if it had done this from day one I could have had a much better relationship with this console.
  • We've had to go through the system rebuild thing a couple of times recently but that's because of new TV and a bad habit of switching all the power off at one time - probably why they took away the on/off switch on the back of the PS3. Mine's a slim and as long as you just hit the front button (just tap, not hold down) it seems to be fine.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Ah right, mine's a phat and it needs to be held down. This is the one thing that the XB1 has me excited about, no need to save games or go through lengthy off cycles, just turn it off and when you next turn it on your game will be exactly where you left it or so I understand it to be!
  • They definitely said that for the PS4, works the same with the Vita, I presume the new Xbox will do likewise.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I wanna play this demo, Cant find GOW anywhere
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    RetroGam3r wrote:
    I wanna play this demo, Cant find GOW anywhere
    Davie will send you the details I'm sure.

Here's my thoughts from the demo...

It is fucking good! It is everything a survival horror should be, the enemies are tough and your resources are slim.

I cannot wait for the full game now.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Did you try the glitch or whatever it is to extend the demo albeit by a few minutes?
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    RetroGam3r wrote:
    Did you try the glitch or whatever it is to extend the demo albeit by a few minutes?
    I haven't yet but my missus is out later so I may give it a go, from what I've been told though it just means you can carry on exploring the area you are in not specifically opening up any other area.

I'll send you the details Davie sent me...
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    cheers buddy
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Sent...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it...
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Downloading now, Cant wait to see it as I have tried my best to avoid any videos or opinions on it bar here.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    @daviedigi: Can you explain how this sharing works?

I don't mind buying the DLC but can I buy it in a way that allows me to play it under my normal motoseventy account and still share it?
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    yeah you can as long as you keep the account on your machine. Im playing this demo on my main account now and ive done dlc in the past
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    RetroGam3r wrote:
    yeah you can as long as you keep the account on your machine. Im playing this demo on my main account now and ive done dlc in the past
    How would I 'share' the DLC with others?

Would I be right in thinking that if I bought the DLC using the account info that Davie gave me then all of us with that account in our console could go to download history and download the DLC?
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    buy it on the shared account, send em the details both of you download the dlc and then just sign into your account and off you go. Just remember you have to buy dlc that matches your game. ie pal dlc for pal game. And you can only gameshare with one person as its a 2 account system activation thing now.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    25305.jpg

So ive just finished the demo. WOW, is all I could say when I saw this booming across my screen. The first thing that hits you like a lead pipe to the face, Is the graphics! I thought ND hit their peak with the uncharted series.....But oh hell no! The draw distance and detail is incredible. Your in for a visual treat with this game, that is guaranteed.

No story or spoilers are present throughout and you can basically treat the demo as a huge tutorial on how combat,game play and crafting works. Combat feels meaty and you feel every smack you give, the quick time shiv move allows you to deal with multiple enemies. The game introduces the run or fight mechanic with a little set piece. The ability to throw bottles or bricks to attract their attention works with out issue and the level of atmosphere in the game is top drawer.

If like me you go in blind without any expectation of what to expect then you will come away from the game, still feeling the same really. You learn what the enemies are called but nothing more than they wanna eat your ass. Sneaking around a derelict building with only your flashlight for guidance, you feel constantly on edge. Hearing noises on floors above or beyond you will have you jumping. Even going round a corner can be a challenge for your nerves. If your not a pussy like me then you will like how the crafting and survival aspect works. Find scraps littered around or by looting bodies or cupboards. With these scraps you can craft new weapons or even upgrade your existing weapons. Hell you can even make your own med kits.

The demo does nothing but cement ND's reputation of knowing how to squeeze every drop of juice out of the PS3, And for gamers it does nothing but make you want more. To further prove that point, upon finishing the demo you get booted straight to the store where you can pre order the game!

If you want survival horror with what looks to be an engrossing story, clear your schedule for the weekend, put the game in, turn the lights down, unplug the phone and whack the surround sound up to max and prepare for a gaming experience like no other.

Sorry I seemed to just spout off a load of shite, Il go back in and make it shorter later. In short I loved it!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It is absolutely stunning isn't it.

I am going to pre-order the DLC this afternoon.

I think that if they left the graphics exactly as they were and just added a steady 60fps with all the particle effects of the next gen this would easily pass as a next gen title in its current state. With this and GT6 I can't think of a better swansong for any other console.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    The rain though man, It looked so good. But then I have a soft spot for the rain. I must say though I am intrigued by the multiplayer? It could be really good if done right and im sure ND would of put a lot of time into it. But we shall see
  • Someone let me in on this little beauty.
    Pretty please..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    so glad yous like it. :) 

moto im sure we had a convo about using wired connection before on ps3?
    least your good now.

about the sharing thing, only 2 can share at any one time now but i intend to go halfs with someone on this.
    i need to work out which of the pre-orders are best for me though.

there using same engine next gen too which leads me to think there may be a ps4 version announced.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Someone let me in on this little beauty. Pretty please..

make yourself a fresh account and send me the details and il stick it on for you pal.

• Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Can you sneak up on a clicker and grab/kill him?

This is going to be one tough game in places!
  • daviedigi wrote:
    Someone let me in on this little beauty. Pretty please..

make yourself a fresh account and send me the details and il stick it on for you pal.

will do.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!