The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wild West
  • Cheers for the warning but i'd already clicked it.  Anyway it's fine, in the tangled web of my personal 'what's a spoiler' rules, knowing that doesn't bother me.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Went back to the Trial of the Sword stuff last night.  This time I really enjoyed it.  Something just clicked, and whilst I still deeply resented getting turfed back to the beginning every time I did something stupid, I finally started to appreciate it when I managed to inch a little further.

I'm still shit at it, still too dependant upon the hours and hours played with insane armour and overpowered weaponry that leaves me completely unprepared for standing there naked with a stick.  But I'm getting better, and finally managed to complete the Beginning Trials, which resulted in a massive sense of satisfaction.

It's also worth saying that from what I've seen of the later levels so far, things get substantially more interesting in terms of layout as well as challenge.
  • I've only had one shot at the Trial so far but was good fun. Basically just tried to kill stuff with bombs. Got to a certain point and got mullered, didn't help that I blew myself up a couple of times.

It's annoying that the sword needs to be fully charged before you can enter, my pre-death save has a 5min wait before I can try again.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • The Daddy wrote:
    I've only had one shot at the Trial so far but was good fun. Basically just tried to kill stuff with bombs. Got to a certain point and got mullered, didn't help that I blew myself up a couple of times. It's annoying that the sword needs to be fully charged before you can enter, my pre-death save has a 5min wait before I can try again.

Yeah, I had the same problem.  In the end I went off to explore, and whilst the sword recharged made myself a few heart boosting recipes.  I then created a new pre-death save with a fully charged sword and maximum hearts.  (You can take yellow hearts in with you.)

And yes, the beginning levels are definitely all about the bombs.
  • It's when those fucking Lizalfos show up things get tricksy. They can swim and they're really fast.
  • Yellow hearts! Good idea!
  • It's when those fucking Lizalfos show up things get tricksy. They can swim and they're really fast.

Yeah, I died repeatedly at their tiny reptilian hands.  Specifically the ones on the bridge.

Then I hit upon a solution...
    Spoiler:
    After that I managed to make it all the way to the end of the beginning levels in one never to be repeated run.

I kept getting knocked into the water and getting knocked off when trying to climb back up to the platform
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Yeah those floors can be fairly ragey.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Had a quest that had you take a photo of a specific horse
    Spoiler:

104 shrines in I think, I'm standing before the area of the next one but haven't figured it out yet (sun reflection on the screen doesn't help, it's in a snowy area), I know about 2 other thanks to some screenshots for Hero's path, I have a feeling where another one is, I think I have to do some fighting for that one and my brother gave me a hint about the one he thought was the hardest one
    Spoiler:

Getting there, still undecided if I should try to find them all, use a guide, or just give up when I can't find any more and go to the castle.
  • Never got round to doing these memories. They're quite fun to work out actually. Not really a fan of the new masks and stuff - I wish the status effects permanently applied to Link himself rather than the armour.
  • Meanwhile, the tables have turned on the guardians...
    Spoiler:
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    B started playing this (finally) and it's fun to watch him for a bit. Found stuff I haven't found (he seems so fine completely different Korok seeds than me, while the path he takes is a more or less the same (on the plateau).

Makes me want to go back to this, guess it's time for the DLC soon.

Is great to see a game can be such a different experience for two people, but I wish he'd stopped asking things. Just find it out, that's part of the fun. I only looked at others people's solutions/fighting techniques after I finished
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Finally got a DB down. It only took me 4 months to tear myself away from wandering about aimlessly ;)
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    One DB and 2 memories left to find. It's taken me months...

And I'm still motivated enough to play this on the regs.
    What a game.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Bestest game world.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    You're not the only one Ricky, only just got on to my second DB ;) I played for three hours last night (an usually long stint for me these days) and I spent most of that time just fluting about, exploring :)
  • Haven't got to my second DB yet, but haven't played in a while and still only 50 hours or so on the clock.. In fact I haven't played anything at home in a while. :(
  • Bloody hell lads sort yourselves out it's pathetic.
  • Gym, kids, holidays, wife... I know none of that matters and I should play games instead, but I'm not very good at this 'life' malarkey!!!!
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Chalice we don't all lead such leisurely lives :P
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    B is using his
    Spoiler:
    to hunt down meat. What a waste.

It's nice to see him play through it, even though it's hard to resist to answer all the questions he has. Better to figure it out yourselves, specially since the game isn't too hard.
  • Has B tried using them for:
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nope, not that I know. He keeps running out of them (or any other type). He's not very efficient with his resources.

I've been hoarding all my stuff (as good as I could without finding Hetsu) so it's really fun to watch him play in a completely different way. He actually took out the
    Spoiler:
    on the plateau.

I didn't have the patient for any of that, my main tactic when seeing something vaguely alive and hostile was run and check out the mushrooms in the next area
  • Version 1.3.1

-We have fixed the issue in Pack 1: The Master Trials of the Expansion Pass, in which defeating certain enemies for Kilton was not counted toward completion when playing in Master Mode.

-In-game items can now be obtained from launching the software from certain articles distributed through a new News channel ("The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Tips from the Wild") which can be accessed through News on the Home menu.
    This channel is expected to open on 8/9/2017. Depending on your game progress and location, certain items may not be obtainable.

-Various fixes to improve gameplay.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    2 DB down and most of the map uncovered. Got my OCD under control a bit and just focusing on objectives at the moment instead of continuous endless wandering.
  • Trying to finish P4G on Vita so that I can play BotW on the go. Just not getting any gaming time at home.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    At last! Finally found
    Spoiler:

Indeed, you mans' are right... It is cool...

Reminds me of the
    Spoiler:

But the above is admittedly way cooler. :]
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I still haven't done the 2nd spoiler.

Had no idea what to do, and then struggled to get out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!