Send message
    I'm not reading that!!! LALALALA!
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Method I use for Lynels:
    Spoiler:
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • They don't degrade at all when you're mounted.
  • I ended up turning mine into a pinchushion too, with lots of dodging. Took a long time though, I think I was quite under prepared as my first boss was nearly one-shotting me too.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Spoiler:
    never thought of that.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Re: the latter...

Spoiler:
    Just checked and I got
    Spoiler:

Also did my 4th Divine Beast, and collected my last memory.
    Spoiler:

Still enjoying it, am at just over 70 shrines, so still quite a bit to discover, and I know there's still stuff that I need to investigate.

Did anyone watch the ign video about the DLC? It shows one of the Korok places
    Spoiler:

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    A word about armour-set upgrades:

Spoiler:
  • The Hero's path addition is really useful. An eye-opener on how much I've missed (alot).
  • Is the DLC as big as the eShop says it is (like 12gig or something)?
  • I don't think the first pack is, unless the Switch has the fastest download speeds ever?
  • Just looked it up, 456mb. EShop says 12gig, must be listing the size of the main game or something.
  • Tiny download, done in a minute or two
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I just realized I have the US cart version of this game, but my Nintendo account is EU, not sure if the DLC will be compatible. Plus we need to be a bit sensible with our dollars for a bit, should all settle soon though now we've moved.

Main reason for me to get it is Hero's path, as I'm hunting down the last 40 shrines now. Not sure if that's worth it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    EShop says 12gig

That is for the full game. It was 11.x before patches on the U.
  • So what's the DLC actually like then?
  • Fucking hard is what it is.
  • I'm tempted to get the DLC just for the map feature, which is absurd. The Xmas DLC might make it worth it I guess.
  • Yeah I'm really keen on the map thing. No idea which areas I've properly checked out anymore.
    No real interest in the hard mode stuff, but new story could be a goer. If I ever finish the main one that is.
  • What the master mode?

Yeah.
  • A series of challenge rooms, get to the end in a single run for a reward.
    No saves, no items other than those picked up in the rooms. Not sure if you can use DB abilities, I assume not.
  • No, that's the trial of the sword part. Master mode is one stage upgraded baddies (e.g all red bokoblins become blue and so on). Some extra random encounters and all baddies if left alone will regenerate health.
  • I'm finding Trial of the Sword hard enough.  (Or maybe just not fun enough.)  I gave up on it last night after a couple of attempts, I think the problem is (a) I've got rusty and (b) I had got complacent in the main game, wondering around in my insane armour, with my madly OP weapons.  Fighting enemies in my pants, with no restart, has certainly put me in my place.

(Hints - Make sure you have plenty of hearts and stamina going in and that your bombs, stasis etc are at level 2, as those are the only attributes you can take in with you.)
  • Also worth pointing out: you can stack master (hard mode) on top of the trial as well if you think the trial is a piece of piss.
  • I'd wondered about that.  (It occurred to me that if the trial was unchanged in Master mode then the "prize" would be well worth obtaining.  As it is, I can't help feeling that anyone who can complete the Trial has absolutely no need for an overpowered unbreakable Master Sword anyway.)
  • I'm not convinced it's unbreakable. It might be...but I thought the permanence merely applied to being worth 60 power all the time.
  • Best bit about the DLC so far has been the treasure hunt you're prompted with to find all the optional masks and bits of gear. Spent a good three hours last night dodging guardians while trying to work out where everything was buried. Great fun.
  • Do I have to go through the whole great plateau part again on master mode? I really hope not.

Enemies with more health just seems silly to me. Weapons constantly breaking is already an issue, I can imagine it being ridiculous on master mode. You'd be best off not engaging with anything if you can help it.

Keen to try the trial of the sword though.
  • It's a new save, you have to do the Plateau

For kicks there is a
    Spoiler:
    up there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!