The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wild West
  • I defeated my second DB the other day, so last night started up determined to head west into uncharted lands...except first I wanted to return some stuff, but then i was definitely going to head west....ended up on Eventide island ...

Hah. How did you fare?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • got it done in the end....
    Spoiler:
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    There are supposed to be some old

Spoiler:
    I've found one of those in the west part of my map. Not sure if I tried to capture it, so might need to go back later.

I'm currently in the Lost Woods, doing a trial. Anyone has a hint on how to navigate here? I'm pretty sure they've made it easy once you know how to do it.
  • Hint:
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Spoiler:
    Getting a bit annoyed by these woods but I guess that's their thing.

Turns out that it mainly was my lack of knowledge of using
    Spoiler:
  • Can you tell me exctly what bit you are doing then?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It's fine, I did it.

It was
    Spoiler:
  • I think i just
    Spoiler:
  • My hint was to do with another bit haha. 

I just did what crayon did.
  • Got a loan of this on the WiiU and it's very big and open. And empty. But lovely.
    But empty.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • soon you will see.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    More empty spaces.
  • Hardly empty. Just full of the same stuff over and over.
  • it's empty and full!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Vela wrote:

I get the feeling that that was designed to encourage compartmentalised engagements, but after a couple of unforeseeable moments of absolutely unfair gamefudge, I just ghosted it.

As with GTAs, the tighter the mission structure, the more regular its openworld failings.
  • I think it's not helped by being adjacent to another frustrate o mission.
    Spoiler:

Having said that. I wonder if the ghost is the way to do the mission. There's zero chance this wouldn't have been picked up in playtesting and the goal of the challenge could include observing you
    Spoiler:
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The bastard!

Spoiler:
  • Escape wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    I get the feeling that that was designed to encourage compartmentalised engagements, but after a couple of unforeseeable moments of absolutely unfair gamefudge, I just ghosted it. As with GTAs, the tighter the mission structure, the more regular its openworld failings.

It wasnt a complete ghosting. There are still some encounters you can't avoid, so you have to be good enough (hi Bob) to take out the sneaky/dangerous enemies quickly and avoid the riffraff. Any of the minor enemies can still fuck you up and knock you into the bog.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Default behaviour:

Spoiler:
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I think i just
    Spoiler:
    That's what I tried but I ended up either in the mist or in the swamp, contrast between different things was just a bit too low for me to find out where I was supposed to be going.

And I do think your supposed to ghost this as much as possible, I thought that the Korok
    Spoiler:

• I played a good chunk of this last night. Finished up with guiding an unruly horse into Kakriko Village.

I managed to goof up right at the start, somehow accidentally deleting the marker for the first quest because I was playing it with pals and goofing. Anyway, a quick google showed the map co-ordinates. Got it done, up the tower, four incandescent glowy orange things (one of which I'd found in my wanderings), get em done, bish bash bosh, give me that glider you old fuck. Give me the glider. The glider please. Give it. Aha! I have the glider!

It's basically a delightful MGSV with physics puzzles, which for now I have no issue with. Everything that I try basically works, which is great. The confluence of systems overlapping and creating dumb scenarios is joyful. So far the real star is the sound design, everything is crisp and inventive, the music ebbs and flows in like strange glitches caught on the wind, tiny stings that make your hair prick up. Cooking is second best, nothing like the smashing glass accompanying a failure, and the way everything hops and fizzes.

I am unsure how I'll get on with it in the long term as these games are love or hate for me, but so far I feel I am in the love camp, even though heading to Kakariko made me feel like I was ignoring some important exploration.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I don't think that feeling of ignoring something will ever go away. I'm 95 hours in (out close to it) and still have that feeling.

Main thing is I keep finding these Korok seeds
    Spoiler:

Keeps the world a magical place, I'm ok with it. I've realized by now that I will never find all the treasures, get all the items or find all seeds.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's the game that keeps giving and giving and giving.
  • Like milking a cow?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No, like beating an elf around the head with a stick.
  • Ouch, baby. Very ouch.
  • Found four terminals in Vah Ruta. By Jove I may have cracked it boys!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yay bob!
  • I had to you tube The whole thing, 

Enjoyed the boss fight though.
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!