Halo, is it me you're looking for?
  • Facewon wrote:
    Radar has to stay. Unless you want them to find a way to force headset use. People have their head up their ass enough with radar. Like the flag HUD icon when they get shot, radar is necessary evil to keep the game playable in mm with randoms. IMO. The amount of head up ass cheap kills you would get in arena with no radar would be a farce.

But with the range of radar and the speed of players it's so very, very hard to actually see when someone is sprinting at you and spartan charging you that radar isn't even that helpful. Then you've got the reality that I'd rather players benefit from offensive 'cheap kills' than defensive 'cheap kills'. Sitting crouched in a corner with an auto watching radar and killing me is 'cheaper' than any non radar shenanigans that would be at play without it.

It's academic because it's not going anywhere, but it should and it should because offensive play should be rewarded and defensive play discouraged. Radar both limits that play and rewards camping, defensive play.
    GT: Knight640
  • Re removing SMGS and Railgun. The SMG changes are great but... WEAPON BALANCE PATCHES ARE YOUR FRIEND 343! Especially with railgun. It's a very cool weapon which desperately needs smash damage lowing and/or aim assist decreasing. Make it harder to use and you'll make it more rewarding. Same with the sniper rifle.
  • Fair call.

Although I think you're underselling how far heads would be up ass with no radar.

(and don't start me on charge. It's still the thing I don't get the most. I can at least see the reasoning of every decision in the game, gameplay wise, from sprint to clamber to dive bombs, even if I also get the counter argument or could live with out some of them, but Spartan charge is so fucking awful and counter to all the other decisions I'm still baffled.)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Agree re sniper, it's taken longer than in reach, and there's no awful blood gultch remakes to make it worse, but good snipers on basin are getting ridiculous.

I'm less worried about the Railgun simply because of the numbers in the clip and the maps it ends up on. But I could see some tweaks helping.

Still, I'm with them on doing plasma caster and hydra first.
  • I posted a post game stats page on here a while back where I ended up 22-6 or something with 15 power weapon kills on Fathom. They were all with the railgun.
  • memories of Reach dropping tomorrow apparently.
  • Map changes live. Most are good. Empire ctf is a worry though.
  • The new map is the Torque re-skin but the geometry has changed a decent amount and it's way better by the looks of the video reveal.
  • Games telling me I'm in Diamond and Platinum leagues at the same time, pretty sure I'm in plat but this is borked.
  • From the feedback thread on Coliseum:
    McValuFry wrote: »
        [li]BR Removal: Amazing[/li]
    What?? I don't understand this response. I think I visit the Halo forums about once every 3 years and the only reason I logged back on today was to say:

PUT THE BR BACK!!!

Is there really a ton of people that hate the BR as much as Aboveinfinity? I'm kind of mind blown that people would hate the BR
    I can explain this because there seems to be a major misconception and circle jerk developing regarding BRs on Arena maps so let me elaborate.

The Utility Weapon (Magnum) is supposed to be the definitive go-to weapon in an Arena shooter, a player should always be able to trust that they can competently engage other players using their utility and not be at a significant disadvantage. In the Vanilla Halo 5 maps, there were A LOT of Tier 1 Weapons (SMGs, DMRs, Light Rifles, BRs, Storm Rifles, etc.) and because of this, the utility weapon was rarely used.

By picking up a BR on a map, you automatically received a very powerful upgrade that puts you at an advantage against people who are spawning and trying to fight with their Magnum. This created a lot of lopsided gunfights (BR vs. Magnum, SMG vs. Magnum, Storm Rifle vs. Magnum). The utility rarely could stand a chance. By cutting down on the amount of Tier 1 Weapons (removing BRs in some cases), it promotes the utility weapon which is a more skill oriented weapon and leaves people on a more level playing field.

Now that isn't to say that the BR should just be removed entirely, that isn't what we want. Weapons like the DMR and BR do serve a purpose in the sandbox, and that is to provide a boost to range and/or a slight boost to damage. For example, Snipedown from Evil Geniuses is an 'anchor' or a 'sniper' style of Slayer, he has great positioning and therefore often uses weapons like the DMR to help his teammates out at range. But on Coliseum, the BRs don't support this role, they are simply clutter that cause randomness and inconsistency in gunfights.

An example of a perfect placement of the BR is P2, where you can use it to go P3 and get a slight boost to range and damage by using the weapon. It's a small upgrade for earning control of the Pink Tower. BRs still exist on Tyrant, Plaza, Rig, Truth, Eden, and more. It isn't like they are outlawing them entirely.

They simply are cutting down on the clutter that existed in certain maps and promoting use of the Pistol and other niche weapons.

Hope this makes sense!

Aboveinfinity seems switched on. Good to see some coherant feedback.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/coliseum---summer-preview-feedback/f5edc3ee-5646-49d0-a335-bcf11ad9a0e8/posts

Looking through the changes to all the maps. The auto weapon issue seems to have been a focus.
  • As much as I get frustrated during ranking matches. I have to admit that once I'm ranked my games are quite even. Still tempted to say it's doing something right.
  • First impressions of new mm preference thing are 100% positive.

Takes longer to find a match. As advertised. Noticeably better connection. Absolutely.

Back to when I first got the game styles.

Don't think it'll help btb, but for arena/popular lists, a godsend.

Stasis first game was awesome too. Very very promising.
  • 3 for 3 on good games now. And wait time is getting better.
  • I am so hopeful that this helps you out too knight. Playing this game on a good server is fucking incredible.
  • And predictably btb is a hot mess. No chance of a game on focused mm search, or balanced. Expanded drops you into any old shit. And when you're coming from pristine arena, that's a kick in the nuts.
  • I was playing right when the update had just dropped so hardly any people were actually playing and I had to search expanded. I'll try balanced latter. Is that the one you're using or are you searching with the strict setting? 

Stasis is definitely better than Torque, but I played it 3v4 so it wasn't very fun. Need to try it again. 

My placement arena games this season were so frustrating. There was no balance in who was on each team so one game one player on the opposing team had like 40 kills and an unbelievably good pistol and one of his teammates had 6 and was beyond awful. And I ended up losing so many I'm now in platinum 1 having been diamond 3 or something at the end of last season. I'm really not convinced by such short seasons if you're not playing that much.
  • Nah, go focused. It's a bit of a wait, but worth it.
  • How long is the Reach REQ pack going to be around for, costs 120,000 wondering whether to save up for it.
  • Not that long. Going by previous one. I thought about doing that for the last one and I did the maths and I would have been on 40k if I'd saved.

You'd want to be playing a fair bit.

• Up to 59,000, have played a lot this weekend and already had 12000 or something.
  • Wow. You'll get it then.
  • What's a Reach REQ pack?
  • It's a req pack that has some rare req cards that increase your melee range/reach in Warzone, they have no impact on Arena.
  • Ah, reach, not Reach.
  • It also lets you pick up guns from greater distances.
  • Fuck I've got over 200'000. Should probably by some shit.
  • Ah, reach, not Reach.

No, and Reach.

The latest update/content is called Memories of Reach. spartan armor from the characters from Reach, brute plasma rifle, jorge's machine gun for Warzone.

Some of the emblems are funny too. Reach load screen latice is cool.

Although the Microsoft paperclip from the last update is still the winner.
  • Watching a few clips of Infection, it actually looks cool. using forge maps and adding a bit of a zombie/flood vibe does really seem to add to it.
  • Facewon wrote:

Deez from 343 is being very very active in the map update threads. Anyone interested in their overall thoughts and what they're aiming for, it's worth a read.
  • @knight and @nexx have you played much of the new empire ctf layout?

Finding it a bit of a cluster fuck as far as spawns and flag away goes. Constant, especially in even games, to have both flags away and both teams doing a loop to get flag back, once that happens then there's someone on the flag again and repeat.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!