@cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    true by reason of being common knowledge

That's the scariest part, no matter what the subject is
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • The problem with Islam is that people look at the Middle East and think "bloody hell, I wouldn't want a country where people are openly discriminated against and even persecuted and denied healthcare for being Homosexual or Transgender, where people are shot in the streets based on the colour of their skin, where religious fundamentalists pass misogynistc laws to strip women of basic human rights" strangely though they don't seem to realise that they're describing America.

look at India, Muslims are being openly beaten and murdered by Hindus for believing in the "wrong" religion, in China they're being placed in concentration camps, in Myanmar they face genocide.

Religion itself isn't an issue, fundamentalism regardless of belief is really fucking dangerous.

and right now it seems like we are sliding backwards into a new dark age.
  • Started reading the first paragraph and thought "you mean america right?" and lo and behold.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    look at India, Muslims are being openly beaten and murdered by Hindus for believing in the "wrong" religion

There's a lot of history there, oversimplification can be as bad as anything else

But I do agree with the main thrust of your point
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-23/married-to-the-alt-right/11043892?pfmredir=sm

Re concervative parties, this is a good read.

These freakin nazis are still nazis I'm sure.

And let's look at where they started politically, one was a one nation volunteer and they both were part of a group who tried to infiltrate the young nationals.

That's one overtly racist party, mad one very concervative one.

Note they're not trying to join Labor.

It's not as clean as automatically being racist for voting for concervatives.

But the fringe parties with no other policies are an obvious ones. One nation technically have a tax policy. 2% flat for everyone. Jesus fucking christ.

So yeah, if you're voting for them, you racist.

But even if you broaden it to the libs/nats here. (our Tory coalition), they are the worse party for treatment of asylum seekers, the worse party on indigenous issues, and have dog whistled consistently about African immigrants and Lebanese immigrants in recent years.

All the Murdoch attack dog opinion pricks, racist to the last, support them.

Now, the plausible deniabilty for folks to argue it doesn't make you racist for voting for them is the economic side of things.

They do have economic policies, they are predictable, and folks out here appear to have fallen for it all and vote out of fear for their job (however misinformed that is), fear of higher taxes, etc. Basically, the concervatives play to self interest, while shafting most of us, and people vote in their own self interest.

To do that, and ignore the racist angle, folks seem to create a really high bar for what constitutes racism.

Sigh. Anyhoo.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Australia shits me. We're in the lap of relative prosperity and react like this. A selfish country.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    Australia shits me. We're in the lap of relative prosperity and react like this. A selfish country.
    It's understandable colon mentality, quite hard to escape.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    You might be the enema we need
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No, you're enema.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    with who
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    With Tin.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I do love him
  • https://www.smh.com.au/national/alt-right-facebook-memes-pushed-anti-labor-message-20190522-p51pvy.html

Its cool folks, it's just a millionaire coal mine owner spending 60 odd Mil to preference the coalition. And pay someone to post shit from nazi pages.

Anning, one nation, palmer all preferencing coalition. And in particular, in Queensland supporting Christenson. Who's totes nazi adjacent.

Fuck em all.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Holding out hope for The People's Albo.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cop's being a dick but it makes for a better day to just go along with them. Too many black people get shot for less than this. Scary.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Stuff like that looks so insane. I used to think the white privilege thing was a bit bull shit but imagine having to put up with stuff like that regularly because of your skin tone. I mean the guy shows an id, he is picking up litter. I'm sure someone can try and defend the cops actions but I wont be buying that. 

And to be fair, he did try to go along with the cop. He gave ID. He explained himself. He offered to buzz into the building. I don't have proof of address on me unless I'm in the car so I wouldn't expect someone else to.
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It must be a real grind. Soul destroying. It's understandable why someone would have had enough of it and make a stand.

I know I'm not a good example because being stopped by police and army and questioned as to who I was , where I was coming from and where I was going was an all part and parcel of life. I'm probably programmed to be compliant.

Difference is , everyone was treated the same way. Although depending on your name and where you where you may well have been delayed and questioned further.
  • The paranoia is astounding.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Everyone in America does seem to be afraid. What of I'm not so sure.

Well - not everyone - it's probably a huge chunk of the white side of the population.
  • Yanks are literally afraid of the Government.

Not in the way we are here, that we're afraid that Tories will enact policies that kill vulnerable people. As in the Government are actually going to come for them and kill/imprison them.

They overwhelmingly seem to be white people, whereas the reality shows that it's non white people who will be imprisoned/killed by the state.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Guns, gates and walls kind of sums them up.
  • That video is terrifying.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Wow, they really need to federalise police training. They seem such knobheads, always expecting respect and never offering any. Totally the worst kind of people to give perceived authority to
  • It becomes a battle to exert authority far too often, rather than anything to do with the situation at hand - winning or losing, not being an officer of the law. When the power is misused these things often seem to boil down to always-be-alpha males demanding subservience. Basically an adult tantrum.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    With a gun and seemingly carte blanche to use it if the other person is non white.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    With a gun and seemingly carte blanche to use it if the other person is non white.

That’s the key issue. Most people don’t have this power.

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    "Respect ma authoritaaa"

It's the "I need to investigate a trespass", no son, no you really don't, unless of course trespass has been reported. Obviously there's different laws in UK and US, but trespass over here is a civil matter
  • Cops seem to be quite bad at dealing with not being obeyed constantly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!