GOTY 2016 - the real one
  • Since I was the first to label TLG as GotY, I'm claiming credit for all of this.
  • JonB wrote:
    So, yeah. Last Guardian can go top for me too. I'll also switch around XCom and DQB, if you can be arsed to change that Elf.

1. TLG
    2. The Witness
    3. XCom 2
    4. Dragon Quest Builders
    5. PES 2017

No place for Dark Souls 3 at all anymore. Shock.

I've still got Doom, Deus Ex and Dishonored 2 to play through now. Then I think I'm done for last year (not sure I can be arsed with FFXV).

Quoted for page turn.
  • When are you gonna play Resi 7 Cinto, that's mainstream GOTY 2017.
  • Hated the demo, so I won't buy full price. Once it's on sale, though...

There's enough for the first half of this year to tide me over anyway, especially once Persona 5 hits. Resi can wait.
  • I did see your review though, so consider it on the list.
  • I'd be interested in what you hated about the demo (I only played it when it first dropped, so missed the rest of it) but I did big summaries in the Resi and JC threads.

Edit: oh yeah, my man!
  • Since I was the first to label TLG as GotY, I'm claiming credit for all of this.
    Aye but that was GotY 2005 or something.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hated the demo, so I won't buy full price. Once it's on sale, though... There's enough for the first half of this year to tide me over anyway, especially once Persona 5 hits. Resi can wait.

The demo is a pretty different game, not really Resident Evil at all. It kind of implied that there was a lot of depth and hidden options etc, which aren't in the game. It's pure Resident Evil, old skool. If you didn't like the old games, you won't like this.

credit or blame?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    Since I was the first to label TLG as GotY, I'm claiming credit for all of this.

credit or blame?

How am I to blame for the dissenters lack of taste?
  • I think the salient analogy is something to do with adding fuel to the fire.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Where I am now.  Top 5 order is still the same as last time, I'm only posting this to highlight how impressive I think 2016 was for new releases.  I haven't had anywhere near the time to play everything I want, and we're already in Feb (and a couple of 2017 PS4 games have been added to the wishlist). 

1. Rive [9]
    2. Inside [9]
    3. Uncharted 4 [9]
    4. The Last Guardian [8]
    5. Trackmania Turbo [8]

6. X-Com 2 [8]*
    7. Ratchet & Clank [8]*
    8. Quantum Break [8]
    9. Unravel [8]
    10. Fire Emblem Fates [8]
    11. Forza Horizon 2 [8]
    12. Firewatch [8]

*Not finished yet, could rise or fall. 

I haven't booted up Overcooked yet.  I haven't played the Titanfall or Battlefield campaigns, both of which I fancy.  Superhot, Thumper, Oxenfree, Rhythm Paradise Megamix and Hyper Light Driter haven't been cheap enough yet, but will definitely be purchased.  Then there's Owlboy, which should get a console port this year.  I've only played Furi and DOOM for 45 mins.  I'll grab Gears 4 at some point too.  What a year.
  • Think you mean FH3.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Where I am now.  Top 5 order is still the same as last time, I'm only posting this to highlight how impressive I think 2016 was for new releases.  I haven't had anywhere near the time to play everything I want, and we're already in Feb (and a couple of 2017 PS4 games have been added to the wishlist).  1. Rive [9] 2. Inside [9] 3. Uncharted 4 [9] 4. The Last Guardian [8] 5. Trackmania Turbo [8] 6. X-Com 2 [8]* 7. Ratchet & Clank [8]* 8. Quantum Break [8] 9. Unravel [8] 10. Fire Emblem Fates [8] 11. Forza Horizon 2 [8] 12. Firewatch [8] *Not finished yet, could rise or fall.  I haven't booted up Overcooked yet.  I haven't played the Titanfall or Battlefield campaigns, both of which I fancy.  Superhot, Thumper, Oxenfree, Rhythm Paradise Megamix and Hyper Light Driter haven't been cheap enough yet, but will definitely be purchased.  Then there's Owlboy, which should get a console port this year.  I've only played Furi and DOOM for 45 mins.  I'll grab Gears 4 at some point too.  What a year.

Mate, voting is over.

Wink and all that.
  • I did mean 3.

You'll thank me one day Temps.
  • 1. Rive
    2. Thumper
    3. Uncharted 4
    4. Inside
    5. The Last Guardian

Final answer.
  • Can we vote for 2017 games in this thread?
  • Vela wrote:
    Can we vote for 2017 games in this thread?

No, only 5, don't be greedy.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    1. Rive 2. Thumper 3. Uncharted 4 4. Inside 5. The Last Guardian Final answer.
    I've started Rive BTW and so far I'm shaking my head at you.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    1. Rive 2. Thumper 3. Uncharted 4 4. Inside 5. The Last Guardian Final answer.

Will update when I'm next at work. Tuesday.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • UPDATED
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Provisional:  
    1) FFXV  
    2) TLG  
    3) DkS3  
    4) The Witness  
    5) Salt & Sanctuary  
    6) Doom  
    7) Uncharted 4  
    8 ) Furi  
    9) Star Fox  
    10) Dishonoured 2

acemuzzy wrote:
    There's still a lot I ain't played: Inside, Hyper light drifter, Oxenfree, Tomb Raider, Firewatch, R&C, Steep. My list, I suspect, will change.
    I've now played (lots of) FH3, and some GoW4.  And lots of Trackmania a while back. So fuck knows what's gonna end up where.

Updated provisional:
    1) The Witness
    2) DkS 3
    3) FH3
    4) Inside
    5) Salt & Sanctuary

Didn't make the cut: Doom, Furi, Starfox, Uncharted 4
    Own but haven't yet completed: FFXV, Hyper Light Drifter, Oxenfree (and in fact Inside)
    Unlikely to play in time: Steep, R&C, Dishonoured 2, TLG, Firewatch
    Ineligible: Tomb Raider

Still some playing to do before that firms up then.  31 Jan seems optimistic... Inside should be done soon, probably then FFXV which will take me ages to get through.  Hmm...

I am allowed to update my votes?

And can I get renamed from "Acemuzzy (Moron)" in the table of who's voted?
  • I'd definitely add DOOM to mine, but I think the time has passed for actually adding the amendments.  FWIW:

1. Thumper
    2. Rive
    3. Doom
    4. Uncharted 4
    5. Inside
  • This will get silly if we don't just lock old GOTYs, surely?
  • Well, the question is, are you still a moron?
  • Yes, I most definitely am.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    And can I get renamed from "Acemuzzy (Moron)" in the table of who's voted?
    Yeah, come on. It goes without saying.
  • AJ wrote:
    This will get silly if we don't just lock old GOTYs, surely?

As long as Elf is happy to, I see no harm in it. It rarely changes the result. Even if it does, who really cares?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!