Forza Horizon 3 Time Trials: Season 1 Complete
  • Thats the livery I have, it looks ace!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eugh,not mad about that car. Have 2 different tunes for it and feel it needs something in between so maybe another bespoke tune if I've time. Definitely an advantage to be gained from manual gears with Traction Control and ABS off.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • The cars alright, it's not quick though in comparison to the Evo's that top the timing sheets.

I had a few runs and thought I'd set a decent time only to see Elf was 3 seconds quicker. That's a good run Hylian unless my tune is utter garbage.
  • Manual gears using cheaters grr.

My best time is with full AIDS. Should I be quicker without? Manual, I understand. But ABS TC and S? I won't pretend to understand, I cut my teeth on Wipeout and MK where I don't have to worry about that kinda shit or letting go of the gas.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Definitely an advantage to be gained from manual gears with Traction Control and ABS off.

Aye, only if you're man enough though.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Should I be quicker without?

You probably not.  I think you've found your level.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Ouch.
  • Ha ha! Manual gears yes, TCS and stability definitely, ABS I don't know.

All I do know is that I can drive without ABS
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Eric wrote:
    Ha ha! Manual gears yes, TCS and stability definitely, ABS I don't know. All I do know is that I can drive without ABS
    Pretty much this.  I'm not sure how turning ABS off could give you an advantage, unless it cuts in slightly earlier than it needs to and as such means you could brake a fraction later and harder without it?
  • You can brake later without ABS, not harder, you have to modulate the trigger, yanking full trigger just sees your wheels lock and you plough straight on.  You need to do most of your braking before the turn.  ABS, TCS and STM are computer controlled aids, they intervene when necessary allowing you to stamp on the brakes, heavy throttle rather than feathering through turns, controlling individual wheel speed to maintain car balance and control.  Turning them off will give you a greater more immersive experience, a greater feel for the car and hopefully make you a better driver.  The trade off is at first you may be slower, there is more to think about as you are throwing more into the mix.  With time and practice though, you should be faster.
  • I did beat my time with all AIDS off (bar gears), but then thought I'd try again with all AIDS on and beat it again. I suspect I learnt the track a bit more and that's what did it. But definitely wanna try and drive more without AIDS.

Fuckingiphone always doing AIDS.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    More etiquette breaches from elf. Unbelievable.
  • It works best for time trialling, not so sure about MP.  With all the good will in the world, braking without ABS and feathering one's throttle is usually undone during FNF during the mêlée that ensues, and the concentration required is usually a lot more than the average Friday lobby will allow.
  • acemuzzy wrote:

What on earth are you talking about, Moron?
  • Webbins wrote:
    You can brake later without ABS, not harder, you have to modulate the trigger, yanking full trigger just sees your wheels lock and you plough straight on.  You need to do most of your braking before the turn.  ABS, TCS and STM are computer controlled aids, they intervene when necessary allowing you to stamp on the brakes, heavy throttle rather than feathering through turns, controlling individual wheel speed to maintain car balance and control.  Turning them off will give you a greater more immersive experience, a greater feel for the car and hopefully make you a better driver.  The trade off is at first you may be slower, there is more to think about as you are throwing more into the mix.  With time and practice though, you should be faster.
    Eloquently put. More so than I could possibly manage in my current inebriated state
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

What on earth are you talking about, Moron?
    Two standing rules of forum time trial
    - no going top / overtaking rivals without excessive in-thread gloating
    - if top, you can't better your time until someone overtakes you.
    Any breach is shenanigans.

• Anything to annoy you, mate. I'll try doing it again. :D
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    SHENANIGANS!!
  • Think I’m out this time, despite having a good feeling about that Lotus.

Had to dismantle the living room electronics this morning and move all the furniture for workies coming in. Won’t be putting it back to normal for well over a week … No Xbox, no Forza, no nuthin’ for me.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    A second behind Eric, but I could probably shave at least two off that time with a bit more practice.  Saying that, Eric, you could probably make up a second off the first two corners alone.
  • I re-tuned my Lotus and I'm now slower than I was. Elf has a special set up and he's not even using manual gears!
  • Aye but he's not first either.
  • Birdorf put a time in then Webbins?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Took a second out of you Eric. Still nearly 2 away from elf though.  I'll have a fettle and see if I can take some time off. There's a few untidy corners so probably a second there if I can string them all together.
  • Eric wrote:
    Birdorf put a time in then Webbins?

Aye he probably has.  Waiting for me to put a time up though so he had summat decent to aim for.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Not had time, unfortunately. Probably won't get any more time, probably.
  • Aye no worries Birdy, there's always next week...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol, classic birdo shenanigans. He'll be putting a time in, folks.
  • Ha ha, touche Webbins.

So with Goober ahead of me too thats me down to 4th. I'll have a little time tomorrow morning so hopefully I can set the timing sheets alight!
  • I'm using Raceboy's tune, and while it is excellent, it isn't the best for this track.  I went looking for a more optimised tune but struggled.  I'd love Raceboy's but with a smidge more top end, even if it gives a little away in down force.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!