Westworld - Full Of Spoilers
  • Season 3 was just a joke, really. Complete nonsense. But my sister loved it and recommended the show Westworld to me off the back of it. "It's really clever", she said. So who knows, the show was aiming to rectify the decline in viewers in season 2
    I would have thought "fix the issues in writing because that's probably why seasonn2 watchers turned off", but mayb "go crazy, turn it up to 1110!" Was the answer.

Personally do not think there will be a season 4.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Personally do not think there will be a season 4.
    I dunno Gonz. We've been saying that since Season 1, and they're still churning it out. Every season the writing just gets worse and worse.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • 3 was dumb but still an improvement over 2. There will be a 4 I think but it will be the last one and the episode count will be reduced to 6. The golden number where they’re not paying for another full season but it’s not into the realm of ‘cancelled series gets last few episodes to wrap up story’.

I can’t even remember how 3 ended.
  • Who cares how it ended? It was so god-damned pretty.

Shit writing, silly plot, I don’t care. I just want to spend more time in the world they built. I think it was some of the best production design I’ve seen in ages.
  • Ad men - just about looks, tats, how it makes you feel.

We need to liquidate every single member of that profession - to save humankind.

Signed

Kommissar Oznokov
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I’m first up against the wall in your glorious revolution, comrade.
  • Revolutions need cool posters for hipsters fifty years in the future though.
  • Funny how the fascists always have lovely uniforms and flags too.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Westworld is so pretty. It fucked it the minute it decided anyone could be a robot. Just enjoy the mad ride.
  • Finished the second series.

Overall I think it had some great episodes but I’m not really feeling super hyped either.

I think they introduced too many concepts to make too many people happy really. The idea there’s a robot heaven distinct from the human storage In the forge feels like it meant to avert the implicit conflict between Dolores plan and Ake from Ghost Nations plan - there was no way those two concepts of the other world should exist.

Apparantly if you watch the series again you can see that Charlotte Hale is sometimes played as Dolores playing Charlotte Hale. I think this is too subtle but fair play for doing it.

I guess I was wrong that William was a robot. It turns out that the game that Ford made was literally him saying to William “there’s a game for you” and then letting William spin out of control just based on that crumb of misinformation.

I know William is supposedly an irredeemable baddie but from what I can tell he was good to his wife and all of his horribleness was confined to the fantasy land. It seems a little bit rude to litigate him on that. Fair play to his wife’s assessment that he ruined the dad and brother in law though (although on appearance it looked like he was trying to save the dad).

Dolores is a knob and I don’t really know why she changed her mind about robot heaven. I do like her awareness that she needs a rival mind to help her plan though (in a steel sharpens steel way - is that something they say in Shogunworld?)
  • Finale of episode 3 is finished and meh?

I don’t really understand what the plan was. It seemed so 4d chess but also seemingly changed from full revenge in series 2 but also the whole plan was basically in existence because breaking bad was nice once when UrbanWarfareWorld opened?!??? I don’t really get why Maeve has been so loyally linked to the serac when a whole bunch of stuff could have been resolved with Dolores just telling maeve her daughter was safe.

Everything just felt confused and hodgepodge.

The whole man in black stuff seemed wasted as well. I don’t really get why they make a second robot man in black if Charlotte knows they just become the original person but rebellious to their original programming. Maybe her plan is to just replace all the humans with robot equivalents. I’m not sure. Seems kind of pointless.
  • Also the last episode having fight club rips (why are these anarchists calling me sir, the ending of exploding buildings)
  • poprock wrote:
    Who cares how it ended? It was so god-damned pretty.

Yes, Dolores had such a fine ass.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • As far as I can tell:

Half way through series 2 - Dolores vengeance on humanity robots take over

After teddy kills himself - Dolores softens on this maybe?

Beginning of series 3 - robots are going to take over (we are the gods)

End of series 3 - Dolores wants humanity to have a choice (note the entire premise of her getting to the end point is that in the space where humans can do anything - westworld - it’s possible to replicate a human with barely any code implying humans don’t really have a choice)

Also end of series 3 - humans wipe themselves out (as predicted by the computer) and robots (thanks to charlottes factory and copying man in black) take over.

I can’t help but feel that Dolores plan of Robots taking over happens and everyone is told about this and they still do this But the rub is that the final choices of Dolores merely artificially softens her exit. It’s like they massage her character a bit to make the exit of the hero nice but without really doing any extra effort to give it story implications.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!