Forza Horizon
  • My fave part of the game has been the "street races". Blasting through checkpoints dodging traffic with THAT handling whilst that song with that prick from My Chemical Romance that I actually really like plays.

Would like it if they somehow marked the races you used rewind on. I'd like to go back and perfect a few. Suppose I'll just do rivals on them.
  • I love the street races, though I admit to using rewind on a few. I've since been back and tried to do them all without (due to guilt) but there's two or three at each location I can't get close to.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    So are we FNXXXing on this later?
  • This is staring at me from my desk at work.  35minutes left on the clock... fucking come on, come on... FUCK YOU TIME!!!
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • FranticPea wrote:
    So are we FNXXXing on this later?
    Sounds good to me.
  • I'll be a late late show. Playing Capcom Digital Collection and Akai Katana with my flatmate tonight. He gives me all the free Pizza Hut from his work, so you can't blame me.
  • Cool, where does he work?...

...I should be on between 9-10.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Pizza Hut sucks. Like this game.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll be a late show too but definitely on. Got to try the new living room arrangement right?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I bought pear cider.

In ikea
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I got some of the 4+ player challenges done today, also got level 40 online done. What I didn't get done was any of the DIY I had planned...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Really not convinced by this. Tonight I raced a hot air balloon. It was dull. So I
    Went for a cruise to find discount board things. After 5 minutes of driving around dusty orange roads surrounded by brown and orange trees I got bored and gave up. 

The multiplayer seems a bit broken. Cars teleporting all over the place and jumping about like fleas. There was one really great 3 lap race, but the point to point ones seemed to involve a long straight, followed by a tight turn where everybody piles into each other- the winner being the person to escape unharmed. The tight circuit races are nowhere near as much fun as the Rallycross events in Dirt 3. 

If there's more tracks and races like the decent one from tonight it could be really great, providing you could single those out.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    If you don't like it you don't like it, there is nothing that is going to change what you said you don't like.

Online racing will never be good unless racing with friends, shit randoms will always use you as their brakes and good randoms will always race off into the distance.

As for the brown and orange, it is set in a desert.

The teleporting was obviously a bad connection somewhere, I saw a bit today but I also saw good lag-free stuff.

If you're not bonding with it there is nothing anybody here can say to make that happen, for me though it is my most played game during the last 12 months...
  • I enjoyed it tonight, good to get a crowd on. Don't get the free roam at all though. Seems like a real after thought.

The MP probably would be better in a custom game with the host picking the track and car class every race. I like the vote in theory, but it throwing a random course at you after you've picked a car class isn't ideal. Too many mismatches.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye, custom games would be much better.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I ran a custom lobby for about 3 hours today, much better racing and those that ram constantly get kicked.
  • The short tracks that are over in the blink of an eye are no fun, you want something to get your teeth into. Custom lobby does sound like the way to go.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    The short tracks that are over in the blink of an eye are no fun, you want something to get your teeth into. Custom lobby does sound like the way to go.
    I increased the number of laps for those in my lobby...
  • Can't you turn off collisions in the settings? I think it's under anti-griefing.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Anti-griefing makes you go 'invisible' under certain circumstances but collisions are still possible under normal racing conditions and the 'anti-griefing' can't work out what is is fair/deliberate/etc, you can pick a no collisions where you remain in a constant flux of invisibility, and with it, erm, no collisions. It's shit compared with people just not acting the cunt...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Problem is the game doesn't seem to be able to cope with collisions very well. I lost track of the amount of times I saw B&B people clip a barrier or opponent and then suddenly re-appear a few inches to the right or left. It's very weird.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I'm not the best racer, it must be said so I apologise for any collisions that may have been my fault. I do enjoy playing racing games though, especially with you guys.

Can't help but feel the MP didn't get the TLC from the developers that it deserves. Given that 'rally' is already out, I'm not sure I can see it getting anything resembling it. The hassle surrounding the co-op challenges was ridiculous.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Collisions are fine. All part of the fun. I just don't think they're handled well in this. The long 3 lap race was brilliant though. Really great track and suited the MP perfectly.
  • Collisions in the scramble off the line don't bother me, the randoms do seem to think ramming is part of the game though and some of them were lagging like crazy. Losing them is probably another advantage of going custom.
  • Had a look at the track selection in the MP, there's actually loads of great tracks, why it keeps on throwing up that dirt circuit around the steelworks is a bit of a mystery. The best point to point races seem to be filed under Street Race as well, so it's a little confusing. Think I've got an idea of what the names mean now anyway.
  • 3 Days of my life just vanished on this game... Already on the gold wrist band and played a bit online.  I love it, one of the best racers I've played in a while.  Getting some pretty good times now, apposed to pinballing off all the cars down the road :P
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm looking for a 'boost partner' with the Rally DLC for Thursday night or at the weekend.

20 races where we win 10 each and bing! 25G...
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    ...and people complain about me and achievements!

;)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    ...and people complain about me and achievements! ;)
    I could do it normally but as my usual online mates haven't got this I'd rather just get it out of the way and spend my online time racing with them...

I'm on 1,100 G for it so far, I may as well have a crack at getting all of them!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!