Forza Horizon
  • I may be up for boosting a bit further down the line Moto, at the moment I am working on the original chievies.  I'm terrible for achievement whoring, so I approve of your request.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Here's my last 4 to get...

8358126450_343ae9639b.jpg

...Stuntman was a bit of a bugger but I have a couple of them done, I'll have to have a look when I'm next on at what I have left. Horizon Rally Champion will be a easy once I manage to not jump straight into online races when I fire the game up! Harder Driving was a fucker when I attempted it but apparently there is one track where the opposition don't set blistering times, plus I don't use the line or auto box anyway. And finally Ghostbuster is where you come in!
  • Would like to get into playing this online a lot more following Olimite's rave reviews of racing with BABers - if okay I will drop a request for the BABR later on this evening.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    This is waiting for me at home; the ltd. edition due to non-gamer confusion during purchase. Anything worthwhile in the extras department or is it 20 quid down the drain?

Either way, am very much looking forward to firing it up based on this thread. Honestly can't remember the last time I turned my 360 on. 
    I need Gold to get involved in BABR, right?
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    You need Gold to access the car club via the in game hub, but you might be able to accept an invite, which Will give you same rival times? Just guessing.
  • Just turned this on for the first time in a few days and got rivals messages comin' out the wazoo.  Lawro's in the BABR and an invite's been sent to Metagonzo.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Cheers matey. 

I can't assign gears to right stick?!? Bad start game; real bad start.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    .. some rival times .. my above post should read. 

Not been on for 5/6 days, notifications well into three figures I'll bet.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Also, gears on right stick, you change gears using the right stick? Not tried that one.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    MY TIMES, MY BEAUTIFUL TIMES!
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Birdorf wrote:
    Also, gears on right stick, you change gears using the right stick? Not tried that one.

I do when permitted. It feels more natural with regards to real world driving for me.

This is doing it's best to make me hate it so far but there's lots of respected opinions saying otherwise so I shall happily persevere. 

I will say that simulation handling is a pleasure; it's just everything else that's making me sad right now.
  • Just drove up to Red Rock in my Zonda R to reclaim the speed trap.  That is one epic stretch of road.  No matter how many times I drive it I still end up with a big grin plastered all over my face.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Just had a quick go with this right stick thing on Gran Turismo. Quite like it, went for an up/down combo, but think a left/up job might suit me better.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Birdorf wrote:
    .... but think a left/up job might suit me better.

Controversial! 

Back up / forward down suits for me as it's how most sequential (non-paddle) boxes work in quick stuff. Pushing forward when hard on the anchors makes sense. 

Anyhoo; game wise, onwards and upwards. I will like this.
  • Do you guys have any problems with the online portion of Forza?  I struggle to find games often having to search 3-4 times to land in a lobby.  If I custom search a list it'll take a long while to populate, then when I choose which lobby to join it's not a 100% thing that it will connect or fail.  I was trying to join up with a friend and had to give in after a while.

I've tried the Forza forums but nobody seems to have mentioned having any issues.  It might be that just few people play the game, but I find that unlikely with how populated the storefront is.

When I am online in a game, it's great fun (although other racers are fucking dirty on the corners... use your breaks not me).
  • Not had any problems with joining apart from it being very slow. The spinning thing spins for a long time.

It has really attracted the win at all costs apart from braking crowd.
  • Cool, if it being slow is normal mine must be fine.  Do you try just joining Social Racing and find it can take a few attempts?  Or am I weird choosing that option?  It might simply be nobody is playing the game types I am choosing.
  • I'm pretty sure we've ended up in a game after every attempt and it has been the Social list.
  • Hmm, Going to have to check my set up and router then :P
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Vastly more keen on this now, although I still am not a fan of the festival styling. That all pales into insignificance, however, when you take the Radical out for a strop. Well done whoever stuck that in the garage!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    metagonzo wrote:
    Vastly more keen on this now, although I still am not a fan of the festival styling. That all pales into insignificance, however, when you take the Radical out for a strop. Well done whoever stuck that in the garage!
    Hello!!!

Fucking brilliant car for me because I use cockpit view!
  • Back on this last night for a couple of hours. Had great fun doing some wrist band races and also beating a few rivals times. Just as I was exiting single player a message flashed on screen showing that Rock had beaten one of my times. The temptation to stay on and improve my time was immense, but it was definitely bed time. Hopefully some more Horizon this evening.
  • I like the rivals stuff, but it really needs to take you to the event when you agree to doing it.
  • Do you guys know what cars are best to tune for what classes?

I've got E,D,R3, and A class covered with well tuned cars.  Although I can compete in S online with my tuned lexus there are better choices out there, as I can lose on the straights to far shitter drivers.

My R2 class needs something better, what I use is max tuned but yet again, people online seem to be faster (as they crash every bend and bounce off everything keeping up with me who is driving and apexing a lot smoother)... and finally R1... I have a tuned Bugetti SS which is fast (but completely out of control), I could do with a more grippy contender instead, but not sure what to choose for it (maybe a Noble?)

Thanks to a what I have made I am generally in the top tier when finishing races, and now have a few online victories to me name... but it does annoy me when shit drivers can compete because of a better car set up. The game could have done with online car damage to fuck up crap drivers like Grid did... because at the moment there is little penalty for driving bumper car style.
  • Is this like original Forza's online i.e. I need to mess around with my car to compete and/or use manual gears?

I just want something a bit arcadey and not too serious (like PGR) to burn around on.  I got bored with the Forza games because of the tuning bollocks.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    This should be right up your (open world) road then.
  • Cheers Oli - I'm picking it up from my brother later, looking forward to it after reading all of your comments.
  • It's buying parts rather than tuning. It is incredibly forgiving to people slamming off barriers, which can actually be a bit annoying if you're driving cleanly. It's more of a an arcade experience than a hardcore sim anyway.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    Is this like original Forza's online i.e. I need to mess around with my car to compete and/or use manual gears? I just want something a bit arcadey and not too serious (like PGR) to burn around on.  I got bored with the Forza games because of the tuning bollocks.
    Social games online is the most arcadey, auto box and you can have the line on or off along with whatever aids you want (I wish the racing line had never made it's way into games, I hate it almost as much as rewind). Pure Skill removes all the choices from you with all drivers being in the same vehicle etc...
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    metagonzo wrote:
    Hello!!! Fucking brilliant car for me because I use cockpit view!

Well done sir; I owe you a jar. 

Didn't even occur to me to try cockpit yet as I'm usually a bonnet cam only kinda guy. To be tried later.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!