Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • RasDam wrote:
    @Plan_M I'm tempted to say that Martinez is the better manager as he's turned Wigan in to a proper bogey team for us.

Yep he's a fine manager, I wonder if Aston Villa will try and persuade him to go there again this summer.

• Plan_M wrote:
    RasDam wrote:
    @Plan_M I'm tempted to say that Martinez is the better manager as he's turned Wigan in to a proper bogey team for us.
    Yep he's a fine manager, I wonder if Aston Villa will try and persuade him to go there again this summer.
    I hope he doesnt go. Martinez has far to much flair about him to move to a team that in the last 10 years has been defined by an old school philosophy of British football.
  • I hope Martinez doesn't take the Villa job. Villa/Lerner would be stupid if they didn't offer it to him, but I think he could do better. They've got a fair amount of journeymen on their books that he'd need to get rid of before he could really start to make an impact.
    Gonzo wrote:
    Exactly. Stumbled into third- with the help of shoddy goalkeeping- and still don't count yourselves lucky; Larry David's post was fine. Arsenal simply should be happy to get into the CL every year with the players they have. That is Arsene's signature achievement. They should be very happy to have done so this year, for sho.
    Arsenal have had a team good enough to win the league at least once in the last seven years, so saying we should be happy to make do with fourth place and a cup run is just insulting. Two seasons ago we ended the season four points from top. Heck, last season we were looking good for at least second until that horrific collapse.
    GT: RasDam Twitter: @RasDam
  • Thing is Ras , if wenger had bought the players everyone knows we should of !

He never replaced Lehman , he never replaced viera , he never replaced Henry , he never replaced fabregas . The best signing by far for us last season was Arteta and that was a panic buy 

@ Gonzo , after the start we had I'm pleased with 3rd we didn't stumble into third , spurs threw it away - which was nice. But I honestly thought you'd get pay back for lasagne gate . I've had a few great days supporting and watching The Arsenal but that was especially great - it being last ever game at highbury
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Tevez holds up a banner saying "R.I.P Fergie" at the Man City title parade. That'll go down well...

As4PvrBCMAAuz90.jpg
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hahahaha
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    we would've of

Wut
  • If only he had written 'Time' underneath Fergie. Everything would be okay.

@kernowgaz for too long we were one or two players away from having a great team. Wenger refused to acknowledge this though.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    we would've of
    Wut

Ooops
  • Did you just change it to 'should've of'?  It's the 'of' at the end I was being a dick about.
  • RasDam wrote:
    I'll go in search of his actual tweets, but he basically lays in to Shearer for commenting on the incident. Says he has no right to sasy anything cosidering that he threatened the FA with retirement for England if they dared to ban him for a red card he recieved. He managed to praise him for being a better player than himself though. Edit: He hasn't deleted a single tweet. https://twitter.com/#!/joey7barton

Can't argue with his comments on Shearer or Lineker, thery're a dull pair of pricks.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    Did you just change it to 'should've of'?  It's the 'of' at the end I was being a dick about.

Ah ! Maybe I should actually read my posts
  • RasDam wrote:
    I wasn't moaning yesterday. EDIT: Something for Gooners to be proud of. We're the first sports team in the world to make £100m in a year through ticket sales!

Source?

£100m by 60,000 by what, 25 home games = £66 a ticket on average. Fucking hell. Spurs and Chelsea REALLY need a new stadium, don't they?
  • WorKid wrote:
    RasDam wrote:
    I wasn't moaning yesterday. EDIT: Something for Gooners to be proud of. We're the first sports team in the world to make £100m in a year through ticket sales!
    Source? £100m by 60,000 by what, 25 home games = £66 a ticket on average. Fucking hell. Spurs and Chelsea REALLY need a new stadium, don't they?

My season ticket works out to about £40 a match but they do different category games now , the funny thing is we normally get our season ticket renewals by now but as we've finished third - they'll charge us more and we still won't spend any of it
  • Do Arsenal players play for free?
  • Scholes to play another season.  Good news.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Do Arsenal players play for free?

That's probably the reason we don't buy too many players , we pay mediocre players too much
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Scholes to play another season.  Good news.

Whilst its very good news, I hope we still go out and buy a young midfielder. Cabaye would be ideal but I fear everyone will be sniffing around him and Tiote this summer.
  • Gotze or Hazard please. City will just double whatever wages we offer for anyone though.
  • Hazard is class - might be a bit fancy-dan for Fergie's taste though.
  • Does Scholes have another full season as first choice in him?  Is he first choice just now actually?
  • He's first choice by default, our midfield is wank without him. Downing finished with zero goals and zero assists, worst signing of the season?
  • Plan_M wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Scholes to play another season.  Good news.
    Whilst its very good news, I hope we still go out and buy a young midfielder. Cabaye would be ideal but I fear everyone will be sniffing around him and Tiote this summer.

Without wanting to get too sucked into the rumour mill, Kagawa looks like hot stuff.  I don't trust the Da Silva twins, and Evra's on the wane defensively, so world class full backs are also a priority for me.  Jones and Smalling can be played out of position, sure, but Jones floats the ball in like John O'Shea on a bad day.  I don't fancy getting locked into a tug of war with City for Hazard, as we've already got three decent wingers.  Fans can moan about marquee signings all they like, but if we bring in a left back, right back and attacking midfielder, promtote Will Keane as a fourth striker, plus send de Gea to a Red Meat Gym for the summer, I think we'll have a very strong squad.  Park, Owen, Bebe, Macheda and Berbatov can leave, but I'd like to see Anderson given one more season.
  • Abramovich isn't bored yet, there's plenty of money left. Chelsea will be in the mix in the next season or two.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Abramovich isn't bored yet, there's plenty of money left. Chelsea will be in the mix in the next season or two.

There's always the slight possibility he'll do one if they win the CL....
  • Man U could do worse than sign Danny Simpson back.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Source? £100m by 60,000 by what, 25 home games = £66 a ticket on average. Fucking hell. Spurs and Chelsea REALLY need a new stadium, don't they?
    I got that from the Arsenal Supporters Trust, although it's not particularly hard to work out. We earned close to £95m in 2010/11 and we've had a 6.5% price rise since then. Upper Tier Category A games don't go for less than £66, some go over £100. But the real money is in Club level and the corporate boxes. They make my seats look cheap in comparison.
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Do Arsenal players play for free?
    That's probably the reason we don't buy too many players , we pay mediocre players too much
    Diaby is on £60k a week and Bendtner £52k, unfortunately we have many more like them on our wage bill. It's why moving them on is so hard, the clubs that can afford to take on those wages don't rate them.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Man U could do worse than sign Danny Simpson back.

I said the same thing this morning.  Also, Hazard has just confirmed that he'll be playing in Manchester next season.  The tease.
  • Hazard is immensely talented but he's got an attitude problem. I don't doubt that Sir Alex will have much difficulty sorting him out though. I'm actually relieved we aren't going to sign him.
  • We need to step it up tactically as well. I really miss Querioz as assistant manager, apparantly he did all the tactical work behind the scenes and we were fantastic I'm Europe with him giving SAF advice. Yes, we had a very special player in Ronaldo running the show but Queiroz brought in some innovative ideas. I just don't trust Mike Phelan, what does he actually do?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!