Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • God Arsenal, you’re shit.
  • Nice!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • 4 good goals but everything inbetween has been garbage.
  • That was lovely too
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Arsenal’s defense is a right mess.
  • Wow I turned off at half time. Was not expecting that.
  • It is still pretty dull tbh. The atmosphere is bloody awful.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I timed it at half time :-p
  • LivDiv wrote:
    It is still pretty dull tbh. The atmosphere is bloody awful.

It feels like one of those Far Eastern pre-season tournament matches.

• Fucking hell Arsenal are shit.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Fucking hell Arsenal are shit.

• One of things I love about the Eastern European’s is they’re still wearing their moustaches unironically. None of this hipster shit.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    It is still pretty dull tbh. The atmosphere is bloody awful.

It feels like one of those Far Eastern pre-season tournament matches.

The first half was like a Golden Generation England qualifier minus the twatty band.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm what sense do Azerbaijan have an Olympic stadium?
  • No idea but that is what it is called.
    It is hosting a quarter final for the Euros next year. Cant wait.
  • Hopefully England's brass band have to literally trek all the way there only to discover brass instruments are banned under Azerbaijani law.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    They hosted a European Olympic Games.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:

A what now?
  • acemuzzy wrote:

A what now?

Back in the ancient Greece days, keep up
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I didn't realise that Atalanta finished 3rd in Serie A and made the champions league for next season. What an incredible achievement
  • Atalanta fans turned up at Goodison in the Europa League clad head-to-toe in gear they’d bought in the LFC club shop, just to annoy the locals.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Atalanta fans turned up at Goodison in the Europa League clad head-to-toe in gear they’d bought in the LFC club shop, just to annoy the locals.

Awesome
  • Anyone fancy seeing this ?

Sanchez has been hiding here
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Really miss the days of Italian football being a true force. The two Milan clubs, Juve, Lazio, Roma... Fiorentina... Parma...

Man.
  • Utd or city???
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Really miss the days of Italian football being a true force. The two Milan clubs, Juve, Lazio, Roma... Fiorentina... Parma...

Man.

They’ll be back. The only thing holding Italian football back is the stadia. Councils owning them and simply putting a stop to the building of new club owned stadia being built, 7 or 8 clubs have the funding and space to build but the local councils are just coming up with excuse after excuse to stop them. Which in turn has the owners just give up and look to sell the club on.

It’s really sad to be honest and is actually a snapshot of politics as a whole in Italy at the moment.

Be interesting to see how Conte does at Inter, think this will be the most competitive season in Serie A for a while. Ancelotti’s Napoli will be taking shape, Conte’s Inter will be the best in years, hopefully Juve will have Sarri and he’ll bring a revolution in their play, would love to steal Jorginho too but that’ll never happen. Milan will focus more on youth with whoever they bring in and hopefully be a little more exciting and risky. Really looking forward to it. The Nazionale is coming along nicely too. Positive times in some ways.

Nobody does it like us Italians. Such drama.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Inter_en/status/1134353818928517120?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1134353818928517120&ref_url=https://www.football-italia.net/138737/conte-why-i-chose-inter
  • Vere, there a fantastic season roundup of serie A podcast I can send you the link for if interested. I agree about the stadiums, its nuts. If Inter/AC had their own they'd be up there with Utd, Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern etc for revenue.

Conte's plan to get rid of icardi and replace him with lukaku could make or break his reign at Inter. If Juventus go with Sarri as a stop gap manager (as has been rumoured) I wouldn't be suprised if Chelsea let jorginho go with him.

I didn't think Gattuso did too bad a job at AC, though I'd love to see them challenging Juventus again, but that's a few years off. The competitive return of the seven sisters is definitely stadium dependent.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Vere, there a fantastic season roundup of serie A podcast I can send you the link for if interested. I agree about the stadiums, its nuts. If Inter/AC had their own they'd be up there with Utd, Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern etc for revenue.

Conte's plan to get rid of icardi and replace him with lukaku could make or break his reign at Inter. If Juventus go with Sarri as a stop gap manager (as has been rumoured) I wouldn't be suprised if Chelsea let jorginho go with him.

I didn't think Gattuso did too bad a job at AC, though I'd love to see them challenging Juventus again, but that's a few years off. The competitive return of the seven sisters is definitely stadium dependent.

Of course I would dude! Thanks!

Yeah it’s just such a shame, AC had the funds in place and an area but simply couldn’t get the local Council’s ok, same for Roma, Inter had a plan they quickly shelved, Lazio, and a lot of the smaller clubs with powerful owners.

The Lukaku idea is extremely interesting, Conte prefers a team ethic with a forward bringing others into the game and Icardi simply does not fit in with that. But he’s a top striker so his goals will be a huge loss. Juve’s interest in him is interesting as I’m not sure where Sarri would stand with him. Having used Higuain to such great effect I imagine he’d be very interested but could you afford both him and Ronaldo in a team? And what happens with Dybala? Mandzukic is hopefully off to Bayer as I think he’s getting less useful but even with him gone someone else would want to leave.

Gattuso did a great job, I think Milan are suffering the same as a lot of teams. They want a really attacking, fluid progressive style of football but there’s only so many managers that can provide that as well as results. Some teams just want too much in modern football and they should be more realistic.
  • Vere, link below. I'd love to see icardi in premiership but his missus is a big shot in Italy so cant see her sacrificing her career for him.

Yeh for sure, sarri at Juventus raises questions about the forward line. I'm sure Ronaldo like messi at Barcelona gets his say. Dybala and Ronaldo don't and cant work together. Ronaldo occupies the spaces dybala likes. I can't see higuain doing the donkey work that mandzukic does for Ronaldo. But sarri loves him. I can see why Juventus would go for sarri for short term, his overall style of play isn't too dissimilar to Guardiolas especially when he was at Napoli. Get the players used to the style and when Guardiola is available possibly season after next then transition should be seamless.

Though the legendary Juventus backline needs a rebuild. As much as it pains me to say it, Juventus should go for de gea. He'd be the closest thing to buffon you can get now. That would give Juventus more time to replace chinelli, barzagli and bonucci. It's about time Juventus showed some faith in Rugani or let him move on. Full back wise I'm suprised at the stories linking cancelo with a move abroad as I thought him and Alex Sandro give Juventus so very potent attacking fullbacks. Fullbacks now are so very important for assists and attacking play as liverpool have shown.

Who do you think should take over at AC? Rumours that Maldini will return to the club as director of football to replace recently sacked leonardo.

http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=26838557&cast=10672984
  • The reported low ball offers for players by spurs (levy) is hilarious. Andre Gomes £18mil (barca said to want £30mil), Ndombele £30mil (Lyon said to want £80mil) and Lo Celsio £50mil (Betis want £80mil). Yeah the market is inflated, but spurs are in champs league final and if they win it I'd expect the prices quoted to them to go up by £10mil. They are no longer London's 3rd club, levy must realise that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!