Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    But he's still levy. If he manages to pull off some of these deals he'll be a genius. Its a big if thpugh.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    BT are showing the CL final on their YouTube channel again. It's great that they do it, but I don't understand why they do. I'd have thought the finals would be big money spinners for them.
  • Was thinking about that during Europa league final. Reckon it’ll be a good chance to pull people in for next season.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I dont believe they do a day pass like Sky/Now.
    So I guess it is a toss up between how many will sub just for the final vs youtube ad revenue from those people plus the people who would illegally stream it.
  • It's a legal requirement I believe that's mandated by UEFA. Same for the world cup final itself with FIFA. I guess they want as many people watching as possible as they sell advertising slots for a kings ransom. The superbowl charges $5million for a 30 second advert slot.
  • Well this was 11 years ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2008/may/21/itv.advertising

£10m ad revenue for the final.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • the main thing is that they have to make it free.
  • I'm not sure it is a legal requirement Dino, the Independent think it's a way of maximising advertising exposure and taking out of the hands of the illegal streamers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/champions-league-final-youtube-live-stream-tottenham-vs-liverpool-watch-free-bt-sport-online-a8938826.html
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • The irony is that the UEFA cup final ads on Youtube were all for BT sport.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eric wrote:
    I'm not sure it is a legal requirement Dino, the Independent think it's a way of maximising advertising exposure and taking out of the hands of the illegal streamers.

I'll take your word for it then.
  • That's a cracking picture.
  • There's just a small, tiny part of me that thinks this will end in tears. I dunno if he'll fit. He's a bit punk, Juve are The Establishment.

Fun times ahead.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's a nice fuck you to Chelsea too.
  • Only 18 hours to kick off. When does the banter begin between the spurs and liverpool fans?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    No banter, there's no animosity between spurs and pool. Liverpool fans are probably excited and confident. Spurs fans probably excited and anxious. There are no cheap banter points to be won before this game.
  • I cant stand it mate.
    It's the hope that kills.

I thought we were out every stage of this bloody tournament. I wrote our eulogy 10 minutes into the Ajax return leg.

What I will say is that Liverpool really do deserve something this season. An incredible run in the League and CL, especially as it is 2 CL finals in a row, if they come away with nothing it will be one of the biggest let downs in recent football history.

That being said I hope we smash the shell suit wearing cunts. ;)
  • I've been watching Arsenal Fan TV the past couple of days and it has been brilliant. So much salt.
  • Both Arsenal fans I asked pre-Europa League final but unequivocally stated a preference for losing their final if it meant Spurs lost theirs.  I guess that's a standard response, not my jam though.  I'd take winning the Carabao Cup + Liverpool winning the league over not winning a final we've reached.
  • Also, with managers, is it not up to the club if they want to retain them, as it is with players?  It always seems to be a forgone conclusion with managers on the move, do their contracts not work in the same way?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Those two arsenal fans are morons. How would you rather lose a final if that meant your rivals would lose their's? Especially considering what was at stake fir them.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Also, with managers, is it not up to the club if they want to retain them, as it is with players?  It always seems to be a forgone conclusion with managers on the move, do their contracts not work in the same way?

Yeh they are the same. In sarri example. He has a year left on his contract so either Juventus pay compensation to Chelsea rumoured to be £5mil or sarri can quit all together. The latter is a dangerous path as Chelsea could sue him and he could end up paying very expensive court fees and compensation if Chelsea win the suit. Plus the latter is unlikely as the top club ceos dont really like to piss one another off at that level. Makes the annual ECB meetings a more personal affair rather than concentrating on what's best for the super clubs and how they can squeeze more cash out of UEFA.

Theres a rumour doing the rounds that if spurs win tonight then pochenetto will quit spurs and take a year sabbatical. Whether that's enough for levy not to sue him for breach of contract remains to be seen. Otherwise if he stays with spurs and wants to move on the compensation fee spurs would be owned is £40mil. Eye watering for a manager.
  • So to legitimately poach a manager only costs a club £5mil?  I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often - Sanchez earns that in a matter of weeks.  What's stopping clubs setting high buy-out clauses when a manager signs?
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    So to legitimately poach a manager only costs a club £5mil?  I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often - Sanchez earns that in a matter of weeks.  What's stopping clubs setting high buy-out clauses when a manager signs?

No, in sarri's case its 5mil, that's his per season salary. How that ends up being compensation when the manager is under contract in not sure.I'm sure if someone tried to successfully poach Guardiola while under contract it would be alot lot more. Poch clause is definitely £40mil which is well publicised.

• Don’t forget that if there’s a release clause that’s huge the person could argue a proportionate lock in fee too (ie you prevent for this much then I should be paid or deserve a proportional level of compensation - or to put it another way the release fee is 40m so you think it’d cost you 40m to get someone as good as me so i deserve at least 30m) so when managers are so sackable it’s provably not a good idea to put too much value in them.
  • Btw, re klopp, hes lost 6 consecutive finals. That's gotta be a plus point for spurs. It's like Juventus losing Champions League / European Cup finals (most ever lost). It cant be explained it just happens.

Spurs to win tonight, kane coming off the bench to steal the winner in the last ten minutes.

Edit: depends if lloris is sober today.
  • Thanks chaps.  Saves me asking people at work who'd pretend their best guesses were gospel.
  • I just want goals and actual atmosphere.

*looks up popular songs for both teams*

Ah.
  • All these celebrity fans coming out of the woodwork, where was Damien Lewis for the Caraboa cup?
  • Jose Antonio Reyes has died in a traffic accident. Jesus.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!