Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
  • I don't really get it though. If you don't think he's good enough, buy someone who is. "Oh we're extending because we have an injury crisis" is pretty dumb logic. If it's an attempt to get a transfer fee in the summer, I seriously doubt we'll get anyone willing to pay much.

I expect it's to avoid being clearly and obviously in Supermarket Sweep mode next summer.  There are only so many players that can be brought in at a time and we already need another midfielder, ideally.  We'll undoubtedly need another to replace Pogba shortly.  If Matic leaves we'd probably need one to replace him, even as a squad player.  Other areas need looking at too, so I guess this would be an attempt to not be overwhelmed by the rebuild.
  • We we're trying to sell him this window though.
  • That was the plan I think, until Pogba turned up with his spanner and McTominay overdid it. Either way getting rid of (experienced) midfielders doesn't strike me as a great idea, honestly think this decision actually makes a bit of sense for a change.
  • Its frustrating that spurs have got gedson fernandes for 18 month loan with no obligation to buy (£4.5mil for loan and £50mil if they want to buy hin). By all accounts a very promising very young midfielder. We on the other hand are spending nearly £60mil allegedly on an older midfielder (25) who is unproven outside of Portugal and the other top clubs have passed on. I think spurs have the better deal.
  • Aren't they both unproven outside of Portugal?
  • From what I've seen, I'd be happier with Bruno. Looks a top top top, top top pler. Exactly what MU need (well it's a start).
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Aren't they both unproven outside of Portugal?

They are both unproven outside Portugal. gedson is a less of of a risk as he's a loan. Bruno could be great or he could end up being another memohis depay for utd. I.e. can do the business in lower standard leagues. My question about bruno is also about his goal scoring. At sporting hes the star player, gets alot of the ball, peppers the goal with shots. What is his conversion rate of shots to goals? He wont get as many shots at goal with utd, if his shots to goals ratio is quite high i.e. for every 12 shots he scores 1, then he aint gonna score as much. Anyway i should be happy we are signing someone, just hope hes not a busted flush.
  • I've got half an eye on his goal threat for sure, but the main reason we need him is the desperate lack of penetration from midfield. A lot of his potshots on YouTube compilations would be laughed out of town by better goalkeepers, but he seems to have an eye for a pass too. Fingers crossed.
  • Love those highlight reels.

Fucking Bebe!
  • Lamela only scores classy goals.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Lamela only scores classy goals.

That was lovely.
    Can-of-sprite
  • That Newcastle goal against Rochdale (it's on the BBC feed).
    What the fuck are Rochdale playing at?
    This whole building from the back thing has gone too far.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, they had a warning right before the goal, lost it in a daft place and were lucky not to concede. In fact we were just too shit to score, even for the goal Almiron wanted an hour to finish it.

You'd think they'd have played safe and not given up any easy chances but no. Silly.
  • Watching the half time highlights, the Rochdale defense really should have stayed at home.
  • Wow.
    When is Lloris back?
  • Good win for Cov last night. Home game against Birmingham at their ground in then next round then.
  • VAR, huh, what is it good for?

There was a pen check in the spurs game when Lo Celso (or was it Lamela?) ran into a boro player chest to shoulder, then dropped holding his face...no pen was given, but why at that point doesn't VAR point out that he's clearly play-acting and yellow or red card him?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    That Newcastle goal against Rochdale (it's on the BBC feed).
    What the fuck are Rochdale playing at?
    This whole building from the back thing has gone too far.

I have just watched this. Top lols.
  • VAR, huh, what is it good for?

There was a pen check in the spurs game when Lo Celso (or was it Lamela?) ran into a boro player chest to shoulder, then dropped holding his face...no pen was given, but why at that point doesn't VAR point out that he's clearly play-acting and yellow or red card him?
    Because there was contact just not deliberate.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51108418

Barcelona: Why Quique Setien was appointed and why Xavi said no

Good read.
  • Gedson Fernandes to spurs is official.

Ed Woodward seen on eurostar to lille. Lets hope its for Boubakary Soumare. Him and Bruno Fernandes would be a great jan window and strengthen the midfield.

• LivDiv wrote:
    VAR, huh, what is it good for? There was a pen check in the spurs game when Lo Celso (or was it Lamela?) ran into a boro player chest to shoulder, then dropped holding his face...no pen was given, but why at that point doesn't VAR point out that he's clearly play-acting and yellow or red card him?
    Because there was contact just not deliberate.
    No, my question was why didn't VAR pull the spurs player for play acting. If it's going to be used to correct instances where the ref missed fouls/cheating by the defender, why not do the same for attackers?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Because there was contact, so his face may have hurt.
    I dunno, haven't seen it since the incident. 

The ref not sending off a player based on if their face may or may not be hurting after there has been contact isn't a clear and obvious error by any stretch of the imagination.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Ed Woodward seen on eurostar to lille.

Actual lol at this.  I love it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Because there was contact, so his face may have hurt.
    I dunno, haven't seen it since the incident. 

The ref not sending off a player based on if their face may or may not be hurting after there has been contact isn't a clear and obvious error by any stretch of the imagination.

This, the outcome shouldn't determine the punishment
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Why didn't you tell me there was a pic Dino

Screenshot-2020-01-14-at-16.52.48.jpg
  • Needs a Bob Mortimer Train Guy edition
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Why didn't you tell me there was a pic Dino

Screenshot-2020-01-14-at-16.52.48.jpg

Haha. I didnt know. I read it on the BBC football gossip page this morning.
  • Needs a Bob Mortimer Train Guy edition
    Mortimer's train guy is the best thing on the internet right now.
    You adult heron.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Haha. I didnt know. I read it on the BBC football gossip page this morning.

Look at the fingers.  2 and 5.  Who's 25?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!