Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Nwankno Kanu is still 25 isn't he?
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Aubameyang red card upheld.

Why did Arsenal appeal that? It was a blatant red card.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Aubameyang red card upheld.

Why did Arsenal appeal that? It was a blatant red card.
    To reduce the 3 matches to either 1 or 2
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • But it was never going to happen.
  • I didn’t think so but they supposedly asked why Robertson’s tackle on Tananga wasn’t a Red when he followed through studs up after getting the ball, Ashley Maitland Niles was sent off for that type of tackle against Villa this season, as it endangered the player.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I reckon utd v wolves will go to penalties
  • Lots of empty seats there.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    Lots of empty seats there.

Lol, would you pay to watch that. Its dire.
  • He's not the player he was but I do love Mata. Not many footballers mourned the loss of Leonard Cohen.
  • Mata I think is the player we need against the teams that dont come at us. He's slow sure, but that matters less when you arent being pressed, and he has the vision and passing range to unlock defences that the other midfielders dont.
  • Hopefully we get get either maddison or grelish in the summer. We shouldn't have to rely on mata and he should be seeing out his last few years in spain or italy which would suit his game better.

Hopefully we can get rid of shaw in the summer, Williams is already the better left back of the two.
  • I don't think we need to sell Shaw this summer. If Williams takes his spot fine, sell him next year, but depth for now is needed. Last thing I want to see is Williams burning out.
  • The defending for the mata goal was atrocious. Two people let the ball past them while they constantly tried to play offside.
  • I don't think we need to sell Shaw this summer. If Williams takes his spot fine, sell him next year, but depth for now is needed. Last thing I want to see is Williams burning out.

That is true about burnout. Daniel James is suffering at the moment with it. Dalot can play left back as well and we have ethan laird who is doing well in reserves and played well on his debut.
    Best of BBC gossip yesterday was Leicester alledgly enquirih about luke shaw availability as a replacement for chilwell. I can only presume chilwell will be off to city this summer for a stupid amount of money.
  • Bundling Shaw in could see Woodward haggle the Maddison price down to roughly what we sell Pogba for.
  • Do United fans actually want the likes of Maddison or Grealish? Guaranteed to be insane money for players who are only arguably top 4 standard. Maddison is also a 10 not an 8 so you’d need to play 4-2-3-1 or lose one of your pacy forwards.

More to the point, should players be looking to move to Utd at the moment?
    GT: Knight640
  • Move from where?

I want any player who improves the team.
  • Either of them would stop Periera starting matches, I don't suppose you'd find many people arguing that he's of top 4 standard.  Same with Mata, who's also involved in almost all matchday squads.  Money wise I don't really care to be perfectly honest, at least not much further than 'I hope the fee/wages/agent stuff doesn't make us look spectacularly silly, paving the way for the next deal to be even more ridiculous'.  We're an easy target and clubs would be foolish not to take advantage of that.  Woodward is effortlessly detestable, and he's earned that imo, but the negotiating side of his job must be a bit of a nightmare (first class Eurostar travel notwithstanding).  So yes, I'm pretty happy that we seem to have stopped targeting elite level Fifa box types that give us the runaround for an entire window.  

But.  Some of the players we're linked with (Eriksen, Maddison) would be making an odd sideways/backwards move that I wouldn't advise them to take on a professional level.
  • I agree with Knight. Grealish and Maddison will be crazy money, but not crazy good. Yous need Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, for a start. Brescia only want €50m for Sandro Tonali too, a bargain for the next Pirlo. He's gonna be a superstar.
  • While Maddison and Grealish would be expensive you get players you know work in the premier league. Essentially you pay 100m to get as much as is possible proven quality or spend half waiting for Fred to get to where his is now.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I agree with Knight. Grealish and Maddison will be crazy money, but not crazy good. Yous need Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, for a start. Brescia only want €50m for Sandro Tonali too, a bargain for the next Pirlo. He's gonna be a superstar.

Doesn;t he have a part ownership, or prearranged deal in place, I recall looking at him a lot last winter window (Tonali that is)
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • No I don't think so. Always been with Brescia.
  • UEFA ban third party ownership.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    UEFA ban third party ownership.

True enough, but often worked around with multi-year loan arrangements
  • Knight wrote:
    Do United fans actually want the likes of Maddison or Grealish? Guaranteed to be insane money for players who are only arguably top 4 standard. Maddison is also a 10 not an 8 so you’d need to play 4-2-3-1 or lose one of your pacy forwards.

More to the point, should players be looking to move to Utd at the moment?

Would take either. Both have the ability to unlock a defense and are exciting players. Both are young and have bags of potential. I think both could get to a very very high standard. Yes we'd play them as a 10 in a 433/4321. Got a feeling that grelish would really prosper at the club.
  • Ashley Young off to inter for £1.5mil.
  • Titbit for you Dino. Young is currently going through a divorce, and so wants to get as far away from Manchester as he can for that reason.

Its the right move for footballing reasons as well though. I do think he's lost a step for us this year, but Italy should suit him fine. I'm still a bit sad his time here ended with a Woodward caused dust up though. We should have said "Thank you for your service", and helped him on his way.
  • I always liked Young. Good on him for holding out for a move. Agree club should be nicer about it. No idea he was going through a divorce.

So if the rumours are to be believed ( i dont think they are true), Bruno Fernandes will play in the big match against benfica tomorrow night before his move to utd. Almost guaranteed to break/spain/damage something on his last game for sporting.
  • He'll break the spirit of all the teams we have left to play with a breathtaking performance.
  • He'll break the spirit of all the teams we have left to play with a breathtaking performance.

Speak them beautiful words of belief.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!